EagleRootTool 2016/05/31 (Root any Xperia M2 5.1.1, LBL & UBL)

Search This thread

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
M55TD2C.png

EagleRootTool - Xperia M2 Lollipop Root Tool
based on iovyroot & rootkitXperia

Hi all!
I'm very happy to announce you that, thanks to iovyroot, and with a lot of help from zxz0O0, we managed to get a new root binary working on the Sony Xperia M2, meaning we don't actually need to use Kingroot anymore to root LBL devices under Lollipop (18.6.A.0.182, and probably 18.6.A.0.175 too) :victory:

Requirements:
  • Stock kernel, from Sony's stock firmware 18.6.A.0.182, Linux version 3.4.0-gc82e70f based.
  • ADB enabled
    Settings -> About phone -> Click 7 times on Android Build to unlock Developer options, and USB Debbuging
  • ADB drivers installed (you can pick them from Sony Mobile's website)
  • Material Terminal, from Yaroslav Shevchuk, if you want to do the root process right from your device.
    You can get it on Google Play or APKmirror

Usage:
  • Download the tool
  • Extract the files
  • Execute the install.bat with a double click if you're on Windows, or simply do "sh install_mobile.sh" on Material Terminal (remember to use cd /path/to/where/you/placed/it to change to the folder were you extracted the files)
  • Wait until the process ends. Your device will reboot automatically

Download: Version 2016/05/31

Please, consider donating (or at least saying thanks!) to the people involved in the project if this tool was useful to you! zxz0O0, Cubeundcube, AleksJ & myself

Special thanks to:
- @zxz0O0 for iovyroot and his help
- @cubeundcube for his rootkitXperia scripts
- @AleksJ for providing copymodulecrc, ric_mod and testing

Enjoy! That kitty is a bad kitty!

XDA:DevDB Information
EagleRootTool (Root any Xperia M2 in 5.1.1, LBL & UBL), Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia M2

Contributors
linuxct

Version Information
Beta
Current Beta Version: 2016/05/31
Beta Release Date: 2016-05-31

Created 2016-06-02
Last Updated 2016-12-17

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-50-38.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-50-38.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 17,542
  • Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-50-45.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-50-45.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 16,774
  • Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-52-20.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-52-20.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 16,709
  • Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-58-41.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-58-41.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 14,794
  • Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-53-33.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-01-19-53-33.png
    115 KB · Views: 14,545
Last edited:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Frequently Asked Questions

- Can I use the install_mobile.sh installer on Linux for PC?
No.

- Can I use any other Terminal app?
No. Have a look at the install_mobile.sh file, and you'll realize why.

- Can I use this with an already rooted device (such as kingroot) to change the SU management app?
Not advisable. Format your system first using a FTF & Flashtools.

- Is RIC working / will I have RW access to System after rooting with this?
RIC is killed by default in every boot thanks to a init.d script, called 00stop_ric, so you'll have RW access to system always.

- Will you port this to other Xperia devices?
Yes, if they decide to collaborate and it's kernel's supported (aka vulnerable to CVE-2015-1805). We'd need the full kernel offsets of that particular device, so that we can look for the ones we actually need.

aidy.lucas

Oct 8, 2014
Nice work fella, not tried it myself but beats using kingroot that's for sure. Unfortunately I may never get to try it out my M2 is getting replaced in a few weeks.

Reactions: linuxct

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
I think it'll work on the t2u/c3 aswell.

As it is right now, it won't. I need the kernel offsets from those devices (T2u, C3, E4 users, I'm looking at you), which can be easily get in an already rooted device through catting /proc/kallsyms to a file using > /path/to/your/sd/kallsyms.txt, for example. (more info on getting the kallsyms here). Also, it'd be neat to have the /proc/version and the firmware version installed on the device.
Please remember, the kernel timestamp must say it was compiled before December 2015 to ensure the vulnerability is still there.
Once we got that, I can just add the offsets we need to the offsets.c database and recompile the iovyroot binary, and there shouldn't be any reason to touch the other scripts since they should work out of the box :eek:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
why the script doesn't exist in init.d folder after using this?

00stop_ric gets created, doesn't it?
Maybe I dropped the ball on something, can I get the full output of the script?
P.S. The init.d is in /system/etc/init.d, maybe you were looking for it somewhere else.

LilBlinx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 17, 2012
Skopje
Xiaomi Poco F3
00stop_ric gets created, doesn't it?
Maybe I dropped the ball on something, can I get the full output of the script?
P.S. The init.d is in /system/etc/init.d, maybe you were looking for it somewhere else.

When the tool finishes its execution, 00stop_ric and 99SuperSUDaemon can be found in the /system/etc/init.d directory.

Yes, indeed that's the folder. The folder gets created, the wp_mod.ko gets copied but the script stops at execution of stopric.sh script and after trying to remount the system. The script stops at that point and no 00stop_ric.sh script get's created. All files get stuck in data/local/tmp/ folder and nothing is created after that. I will try to run the script from terminal but I'm pretty sure that the program can't write on system at this point i.e. operation is permitted

Reactions: AleksJ and linuxct

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Yes, indeed that's the folder. The folder gets created, the wp_mod.ko gets copied but the script stops at execution of stopric.sh script and after trying to remount the system. The script stops at that point and no 00stop_ric.sh script get's created. All files get stuck in data/local/tmp/ folder and nothing is created after that. I will try to run the script from terminal but I'm pretty sure that the program can't write on system at this point i.e. operation is permitted

This situation is extremely weird, and uncommon, I would say...
If the ric_mod.ko gets copied, by using dd, then it means the case was chosen correctly, so there's no reason for not creating the 00stop_ric, since it's just about echoing some lines to the file, change the owner, the permission, and that's it, as seen in the pic attached.

May I have your current environment (firmware version, etc)? Was the device previously rooted, and un-rooted to test the tool? Any info is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-09-17-19-58.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-09-17-19-58.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 566

LilBlinx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 17, 2012
Skopje
Xiaomi Poco F3
This situation is extremely weird, and uncommon, I would say...
If the ric_mod.ko gets copied, by using dd, then it means the case was chosen correctly, so there's no reason for not creating the 00stop_ric, since it's just about echoing some lines to the file, change the owner, the permission, and that's it, as seen in the pic attached.

May I have your current environment (firmware version, etc)? Was the device previously rooted, and un-rooted to test the tool? Any info is appreciated.

Well I've reflashed the phone since it had some display repairs and I've tried this method to disable the ric and get root and all I've got was the root only. The ric wasn't disabled and the script to disable the ric only by alex wasn't working at all since it had conflicts with this tool. The firmware version is 18.6.A.0.182. The old fashioned way by using kingroot then changing it to SuperSU and applying the disable ric script works without a problem. I will try to reconstruct the problem by giving you the outputs from the script as soon as I can

AleksJ

Jul 18, 2014

Very strange results.
Tested again on clean installation (1281-1516-18.6.A.0.182).
EagleRootTool_20160531.zip
MD5: 2e59c4963e0e8824cb774726d3743513
File Size: 3947624 bytes

http://pastebin.com/hgRhqfbk

Reactions: linuxct

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    M55TD2C.png

EagleRootTool - Xperia M2 Lollipop Root Tool
    based on iovyroot & rootkitXperia

Hi all!
    I'm very happy to announce you that, thanks to iovyroot, and with a lot of help from zxz0O0, we managed to get a new root binary working on the Sony Xperia M2, meaning we don't actually need to use Kingroot anymore to root LBL devices under Lollipop (18.6.A.0.182, and probably 18.6.A.0.175 too) :victory:

Requirements:
    • Stock kernel, from Sony's stock firmware 18.6.A.0.182, Linux version 3.4.0-gc82e70f based.
    • ADB enabled
      Settings -> About phone -> Click 7 times on Android Build to unlock Developer options, and USB Debbuging
    • ADB drivers installed (you can pick them from Sony Mobile's website)
    • Material Terminal, from Yaroslav Shevchuk, if you want to do the root process right from your device.
      You can get it on Google Play or APKmirror

Usage:
    • Download the tool
    • Extract the files
    • Execute the install.bat with a double click if you're on Windows, or simply do "sh install_mobile.sh" on Material Terminal (remember to use cd /path/to/where/you/placed/it to change to the folder were you extracted the files)
    • Wait until the process ends. Your device will reboot automatically

Download: Version 2016/05/31

Please, consider donating (or at least saying thanks!) to the people involved in the project if this tool was useful to you! zxz0O0, Cubeundcube, AleksJ & myself

Special thanks to:
    - @zxz0O0 for iovyroot and his help
    - @cubeundcube for his rootkitXperia scripts
    - @AleksJ for providing copymodulecrc, ric_mod and testing

Enjoy! That kitty is a bad kitty!

XDA:DevDB Information
    EagleRootTool (Root any Xperia M2 in 5.1.1, LBL & UBL), Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia M2

Contributors
    linuxct

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: 2016/05/31
    Beta Release Date: 2016-05-31

Created 2016-06-02
    Last Updated 2016-12-17
    Frequently Asked Questions

- Can I use the install_mobile.sh installer on Linux for PC?
    No.

- Can I use any other Terminal app?
    No. Have a look at the install_mobile.sh file, and you'll realize why.

- Can I use this with an already rooted device (such as kingroot) to change the SU management app?
    Not advisable. Format your system first using a FTF & Flashtools.

- Is RIC working / will I have RW access to System after rooting with this?
    RIC is killed by default in every boot thanks to a init.d script, called 00stop_ric, so you'll have RW access to system always.

- Will you port this to other Xperia devices?
    Yes, if they decide to collaborate and it's kernel's supported (aka vulnerable to CVE-2015-1805). We'd need the full kernel offsets of that particular device, so that we can look for the ones we actually need.
    A test version of EagleRootTool 2016-07-29 has just been published here, but not yet placed in the OP since it's awaiting for testing.

Changelog between 2016-05-31 and 2016-07-29 is:
    • Support has been added for the following 32-bit devices:
    • Xperia T2u
    • Xperia C3
    • Xperia Z1
    • Xperia Z1 compact
    • Xperia ZR (only 1 variant)
    • Xperia Z3c (various variants)
    • Addition of Linux and macOS installation scripts, thanks to @Miche1asso.

Please, provide feedback on how's it working. Is RIC properly killed by default? Is the system mounted as R/W properly? Is SuperSU working?
    Thanks.
    How can i install this adb drivers? o_O
    Try to search either XDA or Google.

Good Luck!

Sent from my XPERIA M2 using XDA Labs
    Hello,
    I just wanted to ask if I can use this on d2302 (xperia m2 dual) on 5.1.1
    Yes as far as I'm aware it works on all m2 devices

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Have a quick question, do I need to update bootloader for this to work? To be honest I don't know the point of updateing, I just saw a post about that. If anyone can please explain me whats the purpose of this and do I have to do it for root to work. Thanks in advance :)

here is the link of bootloader update tutorial

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-m2/development/ubl-xperia-m2-bootloader-update-ftfs-t3288148
    No it's not needed for this tool, pretty sure the Bootloader update is only required for unlocked bootloader devices.