[ LOCKED BOOTLOARDER ] M2 Aqua Root and recovery finally

Search This thread

AninhaLu

May 23, 2015
Hey

There's seems to be a problem with the package, I can't download it, gives me a network error. Help? Wrong thread... sorry :eek:

Last edited:

MrPetje

Sep 28, 2014
EasyRootTool not easy

I followed the instructions and have got to using EasyRootTool but this is were the journey ends. I've tried connecting the usb cable in Flashmode,Fastboot and normal but each time I try using EasyRootTool install.bat I get the same message [same as when phone isn't connected]
system cannot find the path specified
-----------------------------------------------
'curl' is not recognized as an internel or
external command, operable program or batch file

My PC is not talking with the phone when using the install.bat but why is this?

Dzepar

Feb 12, 2011
Sony Xperia 10 III
I followed the instructions and have got to using EasyRootTool but this is were the journey ends. I've tried connecting the usb cable in Flashmode,Fastboot and normal but each time I try using EasyRootTool install.bat I get the same message [same as when phone isn't connected]

You need to install ADB drivers. Google it.

Good Luck.

Xperia M2 D2303 on K.K. 4.4.4

MrPetje

Sep 28, 2014
Now have rooted M2 Aqua

Cheers Dzepar

It might have been that I hadn't installed PC companion or a bad install of Andriod Studio but on install .bat I was using Run administrator [because of habit] rather than Open.
It did install after sixth or seventh attempt [a couple of times it thought there were two devices connected]
Installed wrong Superuser [ChainsDD] then Superuser [ClockworkMod] which worked then used Sony RIC killer.

I then did update with PC companion which gave me KK I then used Sony RIC killer but this didn't work as I had lost the root doing the KK update.

I'm now back to a rooted D2403_18.3.C.0.40_CE (1).ftf and may put PhilZ Touch Recovery onto phone as I don't wont to lose the root now I got it.

Reactions: oranghoki

aidy.lucas

Oct 8, 2014
If you update over the air root should stick, when you use pcc it flashes the whole rom/ftf, ota you just get the update. I updated ota from 4.3 jb to 18.3.1.C.1.13 keeping root then flashed a pre-rooted zip to get to 18.3.1.C.1.15

D2303,18.3.1.C.1.15 kk, deodexed, debloated, rooted, philz touch recovery, bravia engine 2+x-reality+z3 super vivid, viper audio, xposed mods.

Reactions: MrPetje and Dzepar

MarcoAAM

Jul 23, 2015
Pirapora
Could you put alternative links? Link very unstable!

Your download link is very unstable.

Could you post some alternative link, for example: Mega?

Burgala

Dec 18, 2015
When I updated till 5.1.1 via OTA then root been gone..can someone help with that, before 5.1.1 all was nice, I would unlock bootloader, but I can't get why it isn't unlocking, even I can do it (looked through Service Menu there's allowed) with Fastboot or Flashtool I can't do neither, cause always Failure appear.
Anyway, can someone help me how to get root on 5.1.1, I like this update more than 4.4.4, but build in apps, I hate them on 5.1.1!?

Well, Kingroot saved me, even it was saying that it can't be root, but Root button appeared, after Kingroot I install SuperSU.
Just saying.
Anyway thank you. ;)

Last edited:

oranghoki

Jan 14, 2013
Disconnect it and turn you phone on! now after sony logo you have a black Screen ^^ dont be worry ist normal :p
Now open EasyRootTool v12.4 install.bat and let it run :) you must make it 2 times when ist stuck at the first one :) when it displayed you phone is rooted unplugged devices.

Cheers Dzepar

It might have been that I hadn't installed PC companion or a bad install of Andriod Studio but on install .bat I was using Run administrator [because of habit] rather than Open.
It did install after sixth or seventh attempt [a couple of times it thought there were two devices connected]
Installed wrong Superuser [ChainsDD] then Superuser [ClockworkMod] which worked then used Sony RIC killer.

I then did update with PC companion which gave me KK I then used Sony RIC killer but this didn't work as I had lost the root doing the KK update.

I'm now back to a rooted D2403_18.3.C.0.40_CE (1).ftf and may put PhilZ Touch Recovery onto phone as I don't wont to lose the root now I got it.

previously i had same problem with MrPetje and now i'm stuck at the black screen step and in my pc always shown MTP USB Device failed to install. i tried to restart the step from beginning but it still won't work please help me :(
===================================================================================================

Cheers MrPetje & markphyton :highfive:

i pushed the tiny button like in the picture and i can revert back to step one. I think my problem was that i used MTP not MSC so the "set allow everytime to use USB Debugging on this Computer" wont pop-up, and after i tried few times it's done! Finally My Xperia D2403 is rooted. :good::laugh:

Last edited:

marcos.hcf

Jul 20, 2012
Guys, I'm rooting my girlfriend's m2 acqua and I already unlocked the bootloader, my only concern here is that her phone is in 5.1.1 and I read here that buy doing this method, the phone will be downgraded to 4.4.2. Will I be able to update it from OTA once I root the phone? Will the root keep when updating, in case it's possible? Thank you.

ShambleS1980

Jun 2, 2017
so this method works just fine.
But i cannot for the life of me keep root access when i upgrade to 5.1.1
i also cannot install TWRP which would make life easier..
i did try fire flash or flash fire (i forget the name) But that didnt really work it took forever and i ended up on the main screen with some error saying i needed to wipe the device for it to be stable but none of the buttons were responding and neither was the touch screen..

i tried using this root process replacing the 4.4.2 ftf included with a 5.1.1 ftf, but easy root toolkit is unable to do its magic when i use a 5.1.1 ftf (possibly because not all the settings are available in 5.1.1 ?) "Enterprise Service is not in Device admistrators on 5.1.1 but are in 4.2.2 "

Any way. What i want to know is. how would i root the phone and either keep 5.1.1 or how would i root the phone using 4.4.2 and then update to 5.1.1 without loosing root access.. (ota never happened on this phone. "even from the stock 4.4.4 it never found a ota update" and it only updates via the xperia companion or flash tools. it always says it is up to date regardless of what android verison i have installed.. "4.4.2 or 4.4.4" even though if i connect it to xperia companion it tells me than 5.1.1 is available. "but companion wipes the root")

Its also worth mentioning (i think) that the only way i can manually access recovery "i assume its stock android recovery" is to make supersu access it during the update binary section. "not select norma binary update"
Sufice to say once supersu has updated its binary i cannot access the recovery menu any more.

if the bootloader could be unlocked then i dont think any of this would be an issue.. But as it stands im reasonably stuck...
i did try to make a 5.1.1 rooted installable zip which you would normally install from twrp. but again i cannot install twrp so i tried fireflash which did not end in a functional phone.

(M2 Aqua D2403) btw..
and im now just using the 4.4.2 kitcat which is rooted i will use it like that for now, not really missing anything much but the flash light which i just downloaded an ap for any way.
my bootloader is locked with allow unlock set to NO. and sonys web page says that i cannot unlock it from that state..
i did get an unlock sim code from the carrier (vodafone uk) so its not sim locked any more. but the boot loader is still locked and set to no..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    His guys

I will later post a tutorial to get root and recovery on a locked bootloader at M2 Aqua D2403.

Some people know me maybe from Xperia Play section.

What did you Need:

Flashtools
    My Root Package
    ADB Driver installed

First make a back up on you Computer with PC competion! Your data well be lose when you dont make this!
    Extract my package
    copy the D2403_18.3.C.0.40_CE (1).ftf and D2303_18.0.C.1.13_Global Generic_Only kernel.ftf to the Directory flashtool/Firmware
    now open flashtool and Flash D2403_18.3.C.0.40_CE (1).ftf wipe all
    when Flash finish start your M2 Aqua and enter Setting and go to About the phone
    scroll down to the Build number and push it more then 10 times
    now enter Developer Options
    activate STAY WAKE, USB Debugging, Allow mock Locations
    now go to Security and allow Unknow sources
    now go to Securtiy again enter Device admistrators and deactived Enterprise Service and Android Device Manager!
    Connect now you Phone to you Computer and set allow everytime to use USB Debugging on this Computer
    Now disconnect you phone and turn it off
    enter Flashtools again
    Flash now: D2303_18.0.C.1.13_Global Generic_Only kernel.ftf
    Disconnect it and turn you phone on! now after sony logo you have a black Screen ^^ dont be worry ist normal :p
    Now open EasyRootTool v12.4 install.bat and let it run :) you must make it 2 times when ist stuck at the first one :) when it displayed you phone is rooted unplugged devices.
    Now look at my Folder your see a Picture inside! DSC_0001.jpg push the Little button to power off you devices.
    Now enter flashtools and Flash ONLY the KERNEL from D2403_18.3.C.0.40_CE (1).ftf
    now start you phone i will be boot normal
    install Superuser from market dont start it
    now connect your phone to you PC with USB Debugging on and Run the SONY RIC Killer v2 install.bat
    when ist done open Superuser and update your SU binary!

enjoy your Rooted M2 Aqua :p

now you can make update via OTA. everytime when you make a System update with OTA you must run after update the SONYRIC killer!

when you would have recovery enter this thread: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-m2/general/d2303-philz-touch-recovery-6-t3047492 it works fine too on M2 Aqua :)

Thx credits goes too all they make EASY Root Tool kit and SONY RIC killer :)

Download:

Root Package

Sent from my D2403 using XDA Free mobile app
    If you update over the air root should stick, when you use pcc it flashes the whole rom/ftf, ota you just get the update. I updated ota from 4.3 jb to 18.3.1.C.1.13 keeping root then flashed a pre-rooted zip to get to 18.3.1.C.1.15

D2303,18.3.1.C.1.15 kk, deodexed, debloated, rooted, philz touch recovery, bravia engine 2+x-reality+z3 super vivid, viper audio, xposed mods.

You need to install ADB drivers. Google it.

Good Luck.

Xperia M2 D2303 on K.K. 4.4.4
    Anyone test IT?

Hi,

I've tested and worked for me :)

I made it with unlocked bootloader. The OTA doesn't work with unlocked bootlader. I had to locked it again.
    When I updated the system, i had not use the SONYRIC killer. The phone stayed root.
    Sorry, my poor english.

Thank You ! :D

You have a unlocked bootloader there is No problem with sony ric you Need IT only with locked bootloader ;)