FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[5.1.1] GPS issue after Lollipop update

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Alanos1994, Junior Member on 6th October 2015, 04:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a problem with GPS. Its getting fix immidiately - normal but after few moments its loosing signal and searching next few moments, then its working couple seconds and again loses signal - permanently the same problem (on all location modes).
Anybody know how to repair it?
Greetings

6th October 2015, 06:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
If you have root, replace gps.conf (system/etc) with this one (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7O...ew?usp=sharing) and download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...psstatus&hl=pl, click Reset GPS after this click "eXtra[...]" (i don't remember full name). My problem is lost and GPS work fine after this.

Remember! Do a backup before!
The Following User Says Thank You to rafix96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rafix96 Ad-Free
12th October 2015, 07:30 PM |#3  
Flag Zilina
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Sorry but I havn't rooted phone. And I don't want use third part app to fix gps. I got f. Tamtung Galaxy SII and one device with gps fixing problem is enough.

Odoslané z D2303 pomocou Tapatalku

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Where the communist from DDR (sony or google developers) makes a mystake?

13th October 2015, 12:17 PM |#4  
Flag Treviso
Thanks Meter: 502

More
It's a known issue since 5.0. And Google started to work on it only on September (a month ago):

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=81140

Anyway I just tested it. I had the GPS Status app already and I see now that my phone is affected as well.
12th January 2016, 11:46 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafix96

If you have root, replace gps.conf (system/etc) with this one (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7O...ew?usp=sharing) and download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...psstatus&hl=pl, click Reset GPS after this click "eXtra[...]" (i don't remember full name). My problem is lost and GPS work fine after this.

Remember! Do a backup before!

I've made a factory reset, install the ROM from PC Companion, root with KingRoot, change the file, install the app, and it seems works for me. Now I made only a little 5 minutes test, I will do more, and will tell you the result.
12th January 2016, 02:00 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 612

More
If you are on the latest firmware 18.6.A.0.182 GPS is fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to aidy.lucas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aidy.lucas Ad-Free
13th January 2016, 08:45 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I will try again, but update not helped for me. It worked like a charm in the first 3 minutes, and then lost the signal.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

You are my man, it fixed my GPS!!! It is accurate like a pin! Thank you so much.

Can you explain, what did you modified?
The Following User Says Thank You to lolka_bolka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lolka_bolka Ad-Free
13th January 2016, 08:46 AM |#8  
Flag Zilina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolka_bolka

I will try again, but update not helped for me. It worked like a charm in the first 3 minutes, and then lost the signal.

I know it. Where the communist fror DDR makes a mystake?

13th January 2016, 01:34 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Sorry. My bad. The software update helped me. Just first I need to downgrade to 4.4.4, factory reset, and then Update.
13th January 2016, 03:00 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 612

More
If you don't get the update yet just use KK GPS conf file problem solved
29th July 2016, 10:01 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello guys, I bought a Doogee X6 for my brother on January/February (I think... not sure about the month)... and he has the same problem with the GPS...

The phone it rooted (provisionally with Kingroot), and I entered in the system/etc... but i don't see any gps.conf file...

The phone is using Android 5.1... it will work if we add copy a gps.conf file in there? (configured for our localization, Spain)... or does Android 5.1 use another kind of configuration for the same thing and gps.con is now useless? (maybe it use another file, or... I don't know).

Thanks a lot

PD: My Doogee X5 is virtually the same phone... and it works perfectly :\ (it doesn't have any gps.conf file either)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)