for some time I have been trying to make perfomance friendly kernel and ROM. I obviously haven't missed JustArchi's discovery - O3 compiling flags. Although I was first sceptic, after some days of testing (and feedbacks from brave testers) I found out this is truly masterpiece. After adding some kernel tweaks, here is result - OptKernel. Read more...
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or your mom shouting at you, because of you not being * able to wipe browser history. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Based on LX rebase branch, brings kernel to upstream (3.4.103) and includes various fixes.
- compiled with Linaro 4.7.4
- both ROM and kernel compiled with JustArchi's optimizations (*)
- overclocked up to 1.6 GHz, underclocked down to 24 MHz
- added Dynamic FSync by faux123
- 1024 KB read-ahead
- Dynamic dirty-page writeback by Christopher83
- Fast charge available (disabled by default)
- added FRandom module
- enabled Zsmalloc
- added governors (list in changelog)
- ability to undervolt separate frequencies via VDD interface
- lowered swappiness
- Optimized read/write semaphore
- Used glibc version of memcpy/memmove (much faster than original one)
- power_efficient workqueues
And of course all features of LegacyXperia as in 20141224 sources
Proximity sensor doesn't work most of the time
Almost all features are detaily explained in Christopher83's thread (hit thanks to him)
- It is not mandatory to use OptKernel only with this ROM.
The only feature of the ROM are -O3 flags and 4.8 toolchain. All other features are implemented in the kernel.
You can use OptKernel with LX's 1224 build, just flash wifi modules (2rd post). Still, this ROM is really fast, worth a try
- Don't report issues on LX bugtracker if you do so.
- Don't ask for ETA!
I don't know when (if) I'll release! I won't respond, even worse, I'll report you!
- I am not a developer. Everything I've done was only about searching and cherry-picking general improvements.
mikeioannina for base ROM
@Dark Raven for more-RAM idea
Christopher83 for many ideas and a load of patches
JustArchi for great optimizations
@mdfzhi for inspiration
Everybody for cherry-picks
+ all brave testers