Thanks Meter: 24,282

By mikeioannina, Recognized Developer on 13th March 2015, 08:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2017, 11:31 AM |#1341  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi,
on my Ray LegacyXperia cm12.1 runs pretty fast. So this is very fine!
Thank you guys. You have done a really great job!

But I still have an open issue:
LegacyXperia custom recovery does not seem to support Nandroid at all: there is no 'backup and restore' option of the recovery included in the Kernel. Why not? (isn't this option available at CM11/13 kernel recovery?...)
And where can I get and flash a sys recovery WITH this feature then?

Thank you very much for your advices!

13th January 2017, 09:54 PM |#1342  
I cant install this on my mango. I enter the recovery mode, try to install and when Installing update appears phone reboots
13th January 2017, 10:21 PM |#1343  
Thanks Meter: 838

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk2

Hi,
on my Ray LegacyXperia cm12.1 runs pretty fast. So this is very fine!
Thank you guys. You have done a really great job!

But I still have an open issue:
LegacyXperia custom recovery does not seem to support Nandroid at all: there is no 'backup and restore' option of the recovery included in the Kernel. Why not? (isn't this option available at CM11/13 kernel recovery?...)
And where can I get and flash a sys recovery WITH this feature then?

Thank you very much for your advices!

It should be part of every custom recovery.
Maybe extract the recovery out of another cm based ROM or try to flash a cwm.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA Labs
14th January 2017, 05:31 AM |#1344  
Flag Karlsruhe

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

It should be part of every custom recovery.
Maybe extract the recovery out of another cm based ROM or try to flash a cwm.

So you run LegacyXperia cm12.1 on a Ray and this recovery actually supports backup/restore??...
Sure?
Would be magic then that I have not. This one expresses itself to be a 'Cyanogen Recovery'. No word about cwm or version no.
It should have a reason why JUST this recovery was shipped with this kernel and cm version, shouldn't it?

Ähhh, and I don't think that I can take just any cwm recovery for my mobile Ray for reflashing!?
The one shipped with this kernel is a special one, for any reason!...

Would you please inform me which criteria I have to care for when choosing a recovery?
I suppose the mobile model, the distribution (here cm), the Android version, stock or custom and ??...
(maybe s.o. can even describe the REASONS WHY those criteria are important!?... E.g. I have read that the partitioning of system and data of this version (XperiaLegacy cm12.1) is different than usual...)

I couldn't find a separate recovery version from LegacyXperia for my Ray...
14th January 2017, 10:21 AM |#1345  

More
Quote:

So you run LegacyXperia cm12.1 on a Ray and this recovery actually supports backup/restore??...
Sure?
Would be magic then that I have not. This one expresses itself to be a 'Cyanogen Recovery'. No word about cwm or version no.
It should have a reason why JUST this recovery was shipped with this kernel and cm version, shouldn't it?

Ähhh, and I don't think that I can take just any cwm recovery for my mobile Ray for reflashing!?
The one shipped with this kernel is a special one, for any reason!...

Would you please inform me which criteria I have to care for when choosing a recovery?
I suppose the mobile model, the distribution (here cm), the Android version, stock or custom and ??...
(maybe s.o. can even describe the REASONS WHY those criteria are important!?... E.g. I have read that the partitioning of system and data of this version (XperiaLegacy cm12.1) is different than usual...)

I couldn't find a separate recovery version from LegacyXperia for my Ray...

Sry, messed a few things up, it's long ago that I used this device and any other custom recovery than twrp. It was not my intention to make things more unclear for you. I ran legacy Xperia on a smultron device (not Ray's) and I thought I was using the recovery it was shipped with.
That's not the case, I'm on a cwm recovery and surely you can't use any recovery for your device.
I extracted the cwm out of a ROM for my smultron. As I said it's a long time ago and I'm sry if I confused you by messing up things I wasn't sure about. Maybe you can find a cwm for your device by checking matching ROMs/kernels for your device.
See attached screenshots what combination of ROM/kernel/recovery I'm using atm.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170114_065652802_HDR.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	4002909   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170114_102926291.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	4002911  
14th January 2017, 05:49 PM |#1346  
Flag Karlsruhe

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

Sry, messed a few things up, it's long ago that I used this device and any other custom recovery than twrp. It was not my intention to make things more unclear for you. I ran legacy Xperia on a smultron device (not Ray's) and I thought I was using the recovery it was shipped with.
That's not the case, I'm on a cwm recovery and surely you can't use any recovery for your device.
I extracted the cwm out of a ROM for my smultron. As I said it's a long time ago and I'm sry if I confused you by messing up things I wasn't sure about. Maybe you can find a cwm for your device by checking matching ROMs/kernels for your device.
See attached screenshots what combination of ROM/kernel/recovery I'm using atm.

Okay, now I understand better...
Are you more happy with Carbon than with LegacyXperia?... Differences?...

May I also ask you why you preferred to use your Xperia Mini against your Ray? Cause camera (resolution and sensitivity), accu/endurance, display resolution, etc. of the Ray are just better!... Just the smaller size?...

Hope that there will be s.o. else answering my early question and how I can select an alternative recovery.
Thank you guys for this help.
18th January 2017, 12:30 PM |#1347  
Flag Karlsruhe

More
Hello Wolfcity,
I would appreciate it to hear again from you considering my response. Would you do me that favour please?...
Best wishes to you
18th January 2017, 01:49 PM |#1348  

More
Quote:

Hello Wolfcity,
I would appreciate it to hear again from you considering my response. Would you do me that favour please?...
Best wishes to you

I used both devices (ray and mini/smultron) as test devices, my main phone is a Moto G 2014 and I own a Nexus 7 too.
That´s why I was a bit confused in my first post about recoveries for Sony devices.
I like the Mini because it´s that small and handy ( I don´t own the Ray anymore) and I flashed a lot of ROM´s on it until KK like Legacy Xperia CM 11.0, Beanstalk Legacy,CrDroid and Carbon.
CrDroid and Carbon were the most stable ones for me also the features fit my needs, I don´t know if this ROM´s are available for the Ray too but I think Carbon and CrDroid should be.
I also flashed a different kernel as you can see on the screenshot in my previous post, found on XDA too.
If I remember things correctly I flashed the boot.img of some ROM with flashtool (I always used flashtool for ROM´s and kernels) to get CWM but I don´t know what ROM that was.
But you can do the whole thing with X-Parts easily too:
http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/09/2...a-x-parts-cwm/
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...0#post45068100
You should be able to do nandroid backups and restores then.
I hope I could help you a bit, as I said it´s been a long time ago that I did anything with these devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
29th January 2017, 03:43 PM |#1349  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Am all new to rooting, mods and all these.. Having coconut (Live With Walkman) and after reading all the pages am still confused as how and where to start.. want to know process step by step.. am rooting for the very first time that too on my beloved coconut. If anyone interested send me a text on 9975568896. I'll make a return call 😁
30th January 2017, 12:47 PM |#1350  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhiraj_9027

Am all new to rooting, mods and all these.. Having coconut (Live With Walkman) and after reading all the pages am still confused as how and where to start.. want to know process step by step.. am rooting for the very first time that too on my beloved coconut. If anyone interested send me a text on 9975568896. I'll make a return call

First of all, CM12 is not supported anymore. Pick either CM11 or CM13.
A step by step guide for dummies is available at https://github.com/LegacyXperia/Wiki/wiki
Also, you don't need to root your phone to install CM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm12.0, cm12.1, cyanogenmod 12.0, legacyxperia, lollipop 5.0, lollipop 5.1.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)