By mikeioannina, Recognized Developer on 13th March 2015, 09:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2017, 10:41 AM |#1351  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Trebouchet crashes when too many apps are installed
Hello,
meanwhile I tried CM13 and CM14 with LX kernel on my Ray/Urushi. But unfortunately both of them are VERY unstable (and also quite slow - you can notice very much that Lollipop was the last version that was made for 512 MB RAM).
They both crashed too often especially when you changed the orientation/rotation or used the camera.
This experience should have made everybody, I assume.
So I was forced to decrease the version.
Now CM12.1 is fine here! No (big) problem with stability.

But the following experience I made with any version (I wonder why nobody wrote about that):
The more apps I installed the longer I had to wait for the completion. The same with deinstallations! VERY strange.
I guess, also this experience should have made everybody cause it appeared very reliable at any CM version!
However, I thought I could live with that.

But now, after I installed about 15 own apps Trebouchet always crashed directly after I installed the 16th app. If I uninstall it Trebouchet is stable again.
Note: This happens with ANY additional app I install. So it is not caused by the app itself!
2nd note: I assume that this would have happened at CM13 and CM14 as well but I didn't install so many apps there caused by the mentioned unstability.

So please help me and let me know...
1) why the installation/deinstallation time systematically increases (up to 10 minutes and more) with the increasing number of installed apps?
2) why there is a limited number of apps I am allowed to install? (there is still enough space on my 6 GB ext3 F2FS partition left!)
3) how I can solve both problems but especially avoid the launcher crash?

Note: I tried another launcher but as soon as I call the app overview it crashes as well.

Thank you so much for your help!
11th December 2017, 02:32 PM |#1352  
Flag Karlsruhe

More
One more thing...
If there is anybody who can give me a tip which navigator app (offline or online) works fine with Lollipop and a Ray that would be perfect.
The current GoogleMaps version needs too much RAM and doesn't work properly, unfortunately.
Maybe I should take an older GM version?...

And other navigation apps? Like e.g. Navmii or OSMand?
I don't wanne try everything now and hope there is s.o. who is happy with one navigator whichever it is.

Thank you very much again!!
12th December 2017, 03:06 AM |#1353  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk2

One more thing...
If there is anybody who can give me a tip which navigator app (offline or online) works fine with Lollipop and a Ray that would be perfect.
The current GoogleMaps version needs too much RAM and doesn't work properly, unfortunately.
Maybe I should take an older GM version?...

And other navigation apps? Like e.g. Navmii or OSMand?
I don't wanne try everything now and hope there is s.o. who is happy with one navigator whichever it is.

Thank you very much again!!

To this day, I don't know a GPS app that would take less RAM than GMaps and be that good. You can try using the browser version maps.google.com tho
If not, well you're stuck with GMaps.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk2

Hello,
meanwhile I tried CM13 and CM14 with LX kernel on my Ray/Urushi. But unfortunately both of them are VERY unstable (and also quite slow - you can notice very much that Lollipop was the last version that was made for 512 MB RAM).
They both crashed too often especially when you changed the orientation/rotation or used the camera.
This experience should have made everybody, I assume.
So I was forced to decrease the version.
Now CM12.1 is fine here! No (big) problem with stability.

But the following experience I made with any version (I wonder why nobody wrote about that):
The more apps I installed the longer I had to wait for the completion. The same with deinstallations! VERY strange.
I guess, also this experience should have made everybody cause it appeared very reliable at any CM version!
However, I thought I could live with that.

But now, after I installed about 15 own apps Trebouchet always crashed directly after I installed the 16th app. If I uninstall it Trebouchet is stable again.
Note: This happens with ANY additional app I install. So it is not caused by the app itself!
2nd note: I assume that this would have happened at CM13 and CM14 as well but I didn't install so many apps there caused by the mentioned unstability.

So please help me and let me know...
1) why the installation/deinstallation time systematically increases (up to 10 minutes and more) with the increasing number of installed apps?
2) why there is a limited number of apps I am allowed to install? (there is still enough space on my 6 GB ext3 F2FS partition left!)
3) how I can solve both problems but especially avoid the launcher crash?

Note: I tried another launcher but as soon as I call the app overview it crashes as well.

Thank you so much for your help!

How healthy is your SD card, what type/brand is it? Are you sure its not the issue here or maybe smth between the phone and the card, like the driver? Some cards just don't play nice for whatever reason :/

Some slowdowns are to be expected since the system writes important data on the SD and also they don't have very good random read/write performance and that's important...

Try reformatting it with ext4 plus -noatime.
12th December 2017, 07:54 AM |#1354  
Flag Karlsruhe

More
Hello Trax7,
thank you VERY much for your feedback.

Please let me know about your experiences:
1) Is the stability experience I made with CM13 and CM14 equal to what is well known?
Cause I wonder more and more as I cannot read anything about those unstabilities in the community. Instead it is said: "LX 12 is stable, but it is made obsolete by LX 13 (which is more like LX 12 reloaded)."
So this is ABSOLUTELY NOT my experience !!!
2) Is the experience/problems I made with the installation time and app installation limitation of CM12 (to CM14) normal or am I for all three versions the only one again? (which I could hardly believe as there should be s.th. specific with my Ray hardware which again I couldn't believe)
3) How can those app installation limitations have s.th. to do with the type of the SD card? I cannot see any relation between those two. Cause what you analyse can only have s.th. to do with time/performance delays of max. 200% but NOT with time delays of 10 minutes and more AND also not with fixed limitations and launcher crashes!
So I assume that the crashes should be independent from the SD card (which is a fast one by the way (Lexar High-Performance microSDHC 633x 32GB UHS-I/U1 )), shouldn't it?
4) Can the ext format have s.th. to do with my problem? Cause the system CM12 is stable, as I said. Instead I suffer under the installation and deinstallation problems at CM12 and higher (so also with no ext partition) related to delays and limits. But as I said there is still 3,5 GB of free space left on it. So the same to the launcher crash.

I even would accept the tremendous delays at install/deinstall cause this happens only once.
But of course we should find out why Trebouchet is crashing! And why nobody else seems to have this problem (is this really so??) although it seems that there is not ANY mistake on my side.
But however, I made those experiences also at CM13 and CM14 and this should happen to everybody, not only me.
But why doesn't anybody complain it then?...

Maybe you can comment between my lines at points 1 to 4 to better understand your arguments.
Thank you very much.

Best wishes to you.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

By the way...
Is it normal that the storage management says the following for my internal memory:
* Complete space: 6,63 GB
* Available: 3,70 GB
* Apps: 1,66 GB
* Cache data: 174 MB

Where is the remaining space of 1,1 GB then?...
12th December 2017, 09:17 AM |#1355  
Flag Karlsruhe

More
This is the related CM12 bugreport file.
Will there be anybody experienced enough to read it?...
Attached Files
File Type: zip bugreport-2017-12-12-07-56-02.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.02 MB, 6 views)
15th December 2017, 09:48 AM |#1356  
Flag Karlsruhe

More
Hello to all of you,
I would be happy already if someone of you would report about your experiences (with comparable conditions) and inform me if my problem is usual/known or an exception!
MANY thanks for that!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm12.0, cm12.1, cyanogenmod 12.0, legacyxperia, lollipop 5.0, lollipop 5.1.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)