Thanks Meter: 76

More
Is this enough?
I have a class 4 Sandisk 16GB micro sd.
Will i feel sluggishness with cm12?

14th March 2015, 12:31 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I tried AOSP build and anything that loads from sd-ext (like everything) was uncomfortably slow. When application was loaded in memory animations were very smooth. I tested on my Xperia Mini (smultron) with a very old 8GB class 4 card.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rikn00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rikn00 Ad-Free
14th March 2015, 01:37 PM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Ioannina
Thanks Meter: 24,181

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harakhti

I have a Coconut, and what I've noticed so far was the Boot Animation, however, more notable the fact was that some Gapps packages had MDPI resources in KK but lack it in LP. Speaking of which, any way to flash unsigned updates through recovery?

No way to install unzigned zips, but you can sign them with test-keys so they can be flashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqibkhan

this has cyanogen recovery or CWM ??

Cyanogen/CM recovery. CWM is dead and no longer maintained
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeioannina For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2015, 01:38 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great to read that cm12 is available now.

Are there any installation instructions? I didn't find cm12 sections in the wiki articles.
14th March 2015, 01:42 PM |#15  
Flag Zamość
Thanks Meter: 30

More
can't install recommended gapps on haida with cm12 and AOSP, got this error on mini and normal package:

Install failed
E:Cannot load volume /misc!
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted
E:Cannot load volume /misc!
14th March 2015, 01:57 PM |#16  
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 76

More
CM12 Impressions
Hey guys,

I just installed cm12 on my smultron. There was no problem during the flashing and installation process. 'Android is upgrading' took a lot of time to complete. Later on, the introduction process ( wifi, sign in etc.) was very very laggy. I somehow managed to finish it. After that too there was lag. Then i played around a little bit , trying out the features , and now , its smooth . This ROM is incredible now . Thanks to all DEVS who made these 4-year old devices running the latest version of android.........

P.S. Sorry for my bad English
14th March 2015, 02:27 PM |#17  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 8

More
installation proccess?

1. install kernel from ROM
2. format /System /Data /Cache
3. install ROM
4. install gapps

before all we must have >2gb partition on SD card (what format: fat, ext4, ...)? what is recommended partition size? I don't want to use Link2SD (I'm using small apps)
14th March 2015, 02:34 PM |#18  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeioannina

No way to install unzigned zips, but you can sign them with test-keys so they can be flashed.

Tried using a prepacked signapk with keys, I've got some "E: footer error". PA Gapps refuses to install for the same reason by default. Not entirely sure what I messed up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefaca

before all we must have >2gb partition on SD card (what format: fat, ext4, ...)? what is recommended partition size? I don't want to use Link2SD (I'm using small apps)

SD-EXT is mandatory for 5.0+ on these devices, your /data is by default the second partition of SD card, which is what needs to be 2GB or larger for optimum. CM Recovery formats it as ext4, F2FS support is hanging somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harakhti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Harakhti Ad-Free
14th March 2015, 03:14 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Does the second ext4 partition really need to be set as secondary, or primary will also be OK? I'm asking because with Link2SD on CM11 it needs to be primary, so switching between CM11 and CM12 will mean also reformatting the SD card.
14th March 2015, 03:15 PM |#20  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harakhti

your /data is by default the second partition of SD card, which is what needs to be 2GB or larger for optimum. CM Recovery formats it as ext4, F2FS support is hanging somewhere.

does this partition must be primary? and also partition layout on SD card: does this "/data" partition must be before partition which phone is going to use as actually SD card
14th March 2015, 03:15 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool
Where can I find the differences between Gapps and Mini Gapps packages? As well 160 DPI with a fast google search is considered as a MDPI device, correct me if I'm wrong. And something last..
Quote:

Steps 2, 4, 6 are not needed when you install new LX build on top of an older one in the future

I'm currently using the cm11-20150309, so is this required or not?
Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm12.0, cm12.1, cyanogenmod 12.0, legacyxperia, lollipop 5.0, lollipop 5.1.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)