bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
Reactions: stefaca

Dekill93

Sep 29, 2013
Madiun
Help

in my Urushi each after a reboot always appear "Android is upgrading" and running around 10-15 minutes, how to fix? look at the picture below

Attachments

• DSC_7674.jpg
    DSC_7674.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 402

stefaca

Dec 21, 2011
Belgrade

L3RAT

Dec 6, 2012
For those how want to buy new sd card:

The problem with sd cards is caused by low random read/write speed. Most of class 10 cards are extraordinary fast (up to 48mb/s or more) when moving big files, but when you try to randomly read/write e.g. 4kb in different part of the partition the speed lowers to 0.04 mb/s, which is responsible for lags and lower performance.

Firstly I used SanDisk Ultra UHS-1 32gb and it was a bit laggy... Recently i have changed it for Samsung Evo class 10 32gb (best random rw speed / low cost ratio) and its working great :D

Last edited:

devtry

Sep 16, 2012

The problem with sd cards is caused by low random read/write speed. Most of class 10 cards are extraordinary fast (up to 48mb/s or more) when moving big files, but when you try to randomly read/write e.g. 4kb in different part of the partition the speed lowers to 0.04 mb/s, which is responsible for lags and lower performance.

Firstly I used SanDisk Ultra UHS-1 32gb and it was a bit laggy... Recently i have changed it for Samsung Evo class 10 32gb (best random rw speed / low cost ratio) and its working great :D

Still I think there are big problems in this first public release of CM12.0... I have a SanDisk and I know they are not the best (many times I have now seen people reporting Samsung ones performing better), but I was already using /data on sdcard with KitKat and I could only see a few lags with games... most of the experience was smooth... CM12.0 on my urushi is super laggy and reboots itself too often, I don't think it can be explained by slow sdcard... it's weird that some are reporting it to run smooth on their phones...

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

We need to create a ext4 partition or CM recovery will do the job?
Thanks

You have to do it... for the size they recommend at least 2 GB

Reactions: dragongreen

L3RAT

Dec 6, 2012
i got problem with install facebook app from play store even from sd card apk. installation goes around 15 min and app is not installed, tried few times and the same. btw i try to install it on lx cm12 test builds before release and now on cm12 released and AOSP and still the same problem.. another apps are installed without any problem, just fb...
any sollution?

Face it: Facebook app is crap ;) I managed to install it (after like 20 min) and got through optimisation stage (another 30 min), but app was unusable... If you really need official app, you can always use Facebook Lite (I saw it available to download in one of xda threads)

We need to create a ext4 partition or CM recovery will do the job?
Thanks

Until recovery will be updated with additional functionality, you have to do it manually. Personally I recommend MiniTool Partition Wizard for Windows and GParted for Linux ;)

Still I think there are big problems in this first public release of CM12.0... I have a SanDisk and I know they are not the best (many times I have now seen people reporting Samsung ones performing better), but I was already using /data on sdcard with KitKat and I could only see a few lags with games... most of the experience was smooth... CM12.0 on my urushi is super laggy and reboots itself too often, I don't think it can be explained by slow sdcard... it's weird that some are reporting it to run smooth on their phones...

This is what i thought in the first place. I was using Mardon's CM12 builds since december on that SanDisk sd card and I can't say CM12 itself is perfect. It was pretty usable and snappier with every build, but after I read more about random rw and changed sd for EVO, I discovered true power of Android 5.0 ;) You have to remember that in CM11 dalvic & data used by system apps is in internal storage and you installed only 3rd party apps on sd. Now we have ART and everything is stored on sd.

From my own experience, if you don't want to change sd card, just wait up to 2 days for rom to "stabilise" itself. There are certain operations that have to be done by system after update and when they would be done, performance should be enough good to use the phone normally.

Reactions: dragongreen

amishxda

Dec 31, 2011
I have strontium class 10 UHS-1 SD card and its working preety fast.

I have now installed everything I had in Kitkat CM11 version and it is probably faster than Kitkat.

Boots withing 2-3 minutes.

For me its already a stable ROM!! No reboots yet.

Reactions: surajak

dwijender

Jan 4, 2012
kurnool
How to Revert back to CM11

hi,
I flashed CM12 as your steps but phone got stuck on boot animation it's not moving from that boot animation n now i am not able to install CM11 also. what i have to do to go back CM11 ?? Thanks.

Zerathul

Aug 14, 2013

"MB-MP32DA/EU" this one?

vipinrahul

May 9, 2012
Mike, Any lags at all?? Just wanted to be sure before flashing.

Nd what happened to the upload? Only Anzu's been uploaded.

------Update------
Ok its on again.
i have also installed in in my ARC.. I notice that app installation takes a long time and getting errors when trying to update app via google play. should i adjust the I/O settings?

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

hi,
I flashed CM12 as your steps but phone got stuck on boot animation it's not moving from that boot animation n now i am not able to install CM11 also. what i have to do to go back CM11 ?? Thanks.
for me also it was stuck at the legacy xperia logo during first boot. i simply restarted and went into recovery. see if it works for you.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

in my Urushi each after a reboot always appear "Android is upgrading" and running around 10-15 minutes, how to fix? look at the picture below
i also have the same problem. android is upgrading stays on for a long time.

L3RAT

Dec 6, 2012
"MB-MP32DA/EU" this one?

Yeap, thats it.

I can't actually find that article I read then, but here are some benchmarks of it:

forums.storagereview.com/index.php/topic/36678-samsung-evo-sd-memory-card-review-discussion/

As I'm a bit of Sony's fanboy, so it was hard to me to buy something from rival company, but Samsung have the best random 4kb write speed in class 10 cards. However as you can read in link above, some class 6 cards have better rw speed. Higher class means sacrifice of random rw speed for higher speed in big files transfer.

Choice is yours, just remember to google for benchmarks before buying anything ;)

Last edited:

blueman24

Apr 28, 2013
Just performed clean flash on my smultron and I spent for over 30mins on setup wizard lol. The animations are very smooth but the device freezes itself when switching apps like there's always a blank black screen appearing between apps when I switch/tap them. So far, no random reboots and I actually rebooted after the initial boot, still runs like that. I understand that this is an initial beta build of CM12 on our devices, thankful that I still have this device functioning over the past years.
Will test more to see if anything will improve the following days of using it, thumbs up @mikeioannina :)

UPDATE
It seems that the blank black screen appears if the systemui stops responding or crashes, no dialogs if ever it will happen, it will just appear like that.

UPDATE
I'm not sure if it's me or the ROM itself but I've been experiencing very slow internet connection while updating/downloading apps on playstore, anyone can confirm?

EDIT
Installing apps takes 15mins :/
I am on AOSP 5.0.2 and no black screens at all.
Also, slow internet maybe due to the phone downloading/ updating play services/play store. My phone downloaded play services which was over 100 mb and play store also updated itself, all in background.
The high time for installing apps is all dependent on your SD card. The class 4 and below sh*t is not gonna help here. I would recommended a MINIMUM of class 6 SD card from a good brand.

Sent from my Xperia Mini using XDA App.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Can anyone here perhaps help me with installing the usb drivers for my Xperia Arc please?.. The flashtool drivers aren't installing right, they keep giving back failed responses!.. Plus, I don't wanna go through that signature malarky crap!.. Is there any other way I can get the drivers installed on Windows 8.1 so that I can flash this ROM, PLEASE!!!

Thanks...

Just install flashtool by disabling signature check. Its easy-
Search for "Advanced startup options" in Win 8.1. After it reboots, select "advanced options" and then press F7 to select "disable signature" check and reboot.
Then install flashtool drivers and reboot again.

Sent from my Xperia Mini using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: trueno2k

devtry

Sep 16, 2012
This is what i thought in the first place. I was using Mardon's CM12 builds since december on that SanDisk sd card and I can't say CM12 itself is perfect. It was pretty usable and snappier with every build, but after I read more about random rw and changed sd for EVO, I discovered true power of Android 5.0 ;) You have to remember that in CM11 dalvic & data used by system apps is in internal storage and you installed only 3rd party apps on sd. Now we have ART and everything is stored on sd.

From my own experience, if you don't want to change sd card, just wait up to 2 days for rom to "stabilise" itself. There are certain operations that have to be done by system after update and when they would be done, performance should be enough good to use the phone normally.

Well, since EVO cards are pretty cheap I might consider buying one, it's just that I bought the SanDisk only a few months ago and it wasn't really cheap... That said, I can understand if it is not as smooth as CM11, but it was just impossible to use... this morning after a couple of reboots it began working properly (no spontaneous reboots and just a few lags)... now it started again with lags and reboots: is it because I have installed a couple of apps? Will it behave like this every time I install or update something? Because this means it's pretty unusable for me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 12.1[/SIZE]

Not developed actively anymore. You can update to cm-13.0.

Links to development thread:
    {All 2011}[DEV][Lollipop 5.1.1][LegacyXperia] unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 builds

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png

VvlZ9FP.jpg
    New builds

Hi guys, after long time some new builds are coming.
    I have included some improvements for LPA, you should be able to use it now to get rid of music stuttering.
    You can test it by adding lpa.decode=true in build.prop. It is known that LPA breaks a2dp streaming, we are trying to fix it.
    You might also notice that the headset volume is louder than usual and audio effects might distort the sound.

## Nightly build 20150723 - cm-12.1
    * Latest cm12.1 changes
    * Use upstream gp2a proximity sensor kernel driver (zeus)
    * Fixed CVE-2015-5366
    * Decreased zRAM size to 128MB
    * Added support for DM9601 based USB ethernet
    * Fixed mounting of non-FAT formatted SD cards
    * Set FIOPS as default IO scheduler instead of ROW
    * Updates & fixes for LPA
    * Testing lowmemorykiller changes to improve zRAM OOM issues

Builds will roll for all devices tomorrow, after the cm-11.0 builds are up.
    Honestly wondering: Is this release dead or still being maintained?

New build coming soon. Just waited for Google's November security updates.
    FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

Check this wiki page
    Are the below features removed due to some kind of right issues, or related to android L or just missing for now?

-By pressing volume down, i cant put phone into silent mode (Just vibration mode is there)

-cpu Freq setting is not available. I can't set it also with init.d script

-Some tiles are missing in quick pulldown (network mode for example)

-Light levels in automatic backlight are not adjustable

I am not asking for these features, no offense. I just wonder if theyre missing on purpose.

1. Silent mode is one of the most wanted missing features on L. Blame google
    2. Cpu settings are hidden now in CM for devices that have performance profiles.
    3,4. Lots of stuff haven't been ported yet to cm12 since they need to be reimplemented (most times from scratch)

I will stop supporting cm12 due to 5.0.x being so buggy and move to cm-12.1 once the issues in telephony are resolved.