{All 2011}[FAQ][Q&A][CM12.1] LegacyXperia discussion

Search This thread

Bart11666

Jan 31, 2013
Zamość
hi, i got issue with my battery on last few builds, they go down from 24% (sometimes 16%) to 0% and phone turning off. i got 3 batteries , on every is the same problem. two of them is brand new (1. orginal, 2. no 1800 mAh).
anyone got this ? (haida of course;)

plb-dev

hi, i got issue with my battery on last few builds, they go down from 24% (sometimes 16%) to 0% and phone turning off. i got 3 batteries , on every is the same problem. two of them is brand new (1. orginal, 2. no 1800 mAh).
anyone got this ? (haida of course;)

Issue is with batterystats . You have to calibrate your battery. Can be done using Playstore apps. Try googleing for more info.

Reactions: Bart11666
I am thinking about buying this . How many of you guys are sure that it will make lollipop and Marshmallow smoother than cm11 ?

It's really good,It was very fast for a week,then I was stupid and used CCleaner and since then it's pretty slow,but I'm waiting for a new build to do a fresh install.
So if you don't do anything stupid like I did,It'll be way faster than CM11.

Reactions: plb-dev

bauerbauer

May 10, 2013
The phone was very slow. I decided to flash again original firm, but now it bricked. Red light flasshing. I've tried to repair it with flash tool but no success. Maybe because of the partion I made to install CM12.1. Please any idea to fix it?

yurasik_687

The phone was very slow. I decided to flash again original firm, but now it bricked. Red light flasshing. I've tried to repair it with flash tool but no success. Maybe because of the partion I made to install CM12.1. Please any idea to fix it?

If during flashing cable has been disconnected from the phone and now it's not turn on (red LED flashes and / or there is an exclamation mark instead of loading), do the following:
1. Remove the battery from the device.
2. Connect the unit to charge (without battery!).
3. Wait for the green LED, wait for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the device from the charging and insert the battery.
5. Start the flashing firmware through flashtool again, because now you have "empty" phone.

Use flashtool ver. 0.9.18.5 or 6.

L3RAT

Dec 6, 2012
Is it possible to overclock Hexagon DPS? According to data sheet of Snapdragon S2 line our devices use 256MHz, while QDSP5 is said to run within 256–350 MHz range.

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Is it possible to overclock Hexagon DPS? According to data sheet of Snapdragon S2 line our devices use 256MHz, while QDSP5 is said to run within 256–350 MHz range.

No, see table
Availability in Snapdragon products

Both Hexagon (QDSP6) and pre-Hexagon (QDSP5) cores are used in modern Qualcomm SoCs, QDSP5 mostly in low-end products. Modem QDSPs (often pre-Hexagon) are not shown in the table.

QDSP5 usage:
Snapdragon generation, Chipset (SoC) ID, DSP Generation, DSP Frequency, MHz Process node, nm
S1 MSM7627, MSM7227, MSM7625, MSM7225 QDSP5 320 65
S1 MSM7627A, MSM7227A, MSM7625A, MSM7225A QDSP5 350 45
S2
MSM8655, MSM8255, APQ8055, MSM7630, MSM7230 QDSP5 256 45
S4 Play MSM8625, MSM8225 QDSP5 350 45
S200 8110, 8210, 8610, 8112, 8212, 8612, 8225Q, 8625Q QDSP5 384 45 LP

source

Last edited:
Reactions: L3RAT

Sandeep#123

Oct 25, 2015
I dont know what i missed, bu i followed all steps , but still latest ROM not working on my phone, (urushi). It keeps on spinning on cyanogenmod screen after reboot. Reverting back to my prev version. :(

In the requirement it says, "Have the stock ICS 4.1.B.0.587 full ftf flashed" , but i had other version (KK) and totally different ROM as well. So the new ROM (Lollipop) wont work ?

esemef

Aug 3, 2013
I am thinking about buying this . How many of you guys are sure that it will make lollipop and Marshmallow smoother than cm11 ?

I bought the faster red evo+ (32gb) and cm12 isn't as smooth as cm11. Most of the time it's good enough, but occasionally it really isn't. I don't know if this is down to the sd card or cm12 using more ram, or something different in cm12. I may also have not partitioned it correctly, if how you partition it is important then the instructions on the wiki are essentially useless (the recommended software for windows is buggy and doesn't let you use the values from the wiki and the values on the wiki appear wrong).

plb-dev

I bought the faster red evo+ (32gb) and cm12 isn't as smooth as cm11. Most of the time it's good enough, but occasionally it really isn't. I don't know if this is down to the sd card or cm12 using more ram, or something different in cm12. I may also have not partitioned it correctly, if how you partition it is important then the instructions on the wiki are essentially useless (the recommended software for windows is buggy and doesn't let you use the values from the wiki and the values on the wiki appear wrong).

People say that EVO+ is "less" faster. That is the only reason i thought about EVO. And I am planning to give 8 gigs for internal. IMO, more internal space = faster performance. I know the whole original internal storage is dedicated to the ROM, still, judging by the working of android, i think more int space increases performance.

esemef

Aug 3, 2013
IMO, more internal space = faster performance. I know the whole original internal storage is dedicated to the ROM, still, judging by the working of android, i think more int space increases performance.

I've never heard of a file system that gets faster as the media increases in size, I've heard of some that get slower or use more ram. Opinion is irrelevant, you need to test it.

Reactions: plb-dev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 12.1[/SIZE]

Not developed actively anymore. You can update to cm-13.0.

Links to development thread:
    {All 2011}[DEV][Lollipop 5.1.1][LegacyXperia] unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 builds

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png

VvlZ9FP.jpg
    New builds

Hi guys, after long time some new builds are coming.
    I have included some improvements for LPA, you should be able to use it now to get rid of music stuttering.
    You can test it by adding lpa.decode=true in build.prop. It is known that LPA breaks a2dp streaming, we are trying to fix it.
    You might also notice that the headset volume is louder than usual and audio effects might distort the sound.

## Nightly build 20150723 - cm-12.1
    * Latest cm12.1 changes
    * Use upstream gp2a proximity sensor kernel driver (zeus)
    * Fixed CVE-2015-5366
    * Decreased zRAM size to 128MB
    * Added support for DM9601 based USB ethernet
    * Fixed mounting of non-FAT formatted SD cards
    * Set FIOPS as default IO scheduler instead of ROW
    * Updates & fixes for LPA
    * Testing lowmemorykiller changes to improve zRAM OOM issues

Builds will roll for all devices tomorrow, after the cm-11.0 builds are up.
    Honestly wondering: Is this release dead or still being maintained?

New build coming soon. Just waited for Google's November security updates.
    FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

Check this wiki page
    Are the below features removed due to some kind of right issues, or related to android L or just missing for now?

-By pressing volume down, i cant put phone into silent mode (Just vibration mode is there)

-cpu Freq setting is not available. I can't set it also with init.d script

-Some tiles are missing in quick pulldown (network mode for example)

-Light levels in automatic backlight are not adjustable

I am not asking for these features, no offense. I just wonder if theyre missing on purpose.

1. Silent mode is one of the most wanted missing features on L. Blame google
    2. Cpu settings are hidden now in CM for devices that have performance profiles.
    3,4. Lots of stuff haven't been ported yet to cm12 since they need to be reimplemented (most times from scratch)

I will stop supporting cm12 due to 5.0.x being so buggy and move to cm-12.1 once the issues in telephony are resolved.