Rooting will NOT work!... (e.g. no rights to write in system folder)

Search This thread

Falk2

Jun 11, 2011
Karlsruhe
My Xperia Neo had Android 4.0.4 (kernel 4.1.B.0.587), has a locked bootloader and is rumored to be rooted. With the Xperia Flashtool I had the Kernel MT11i_4.1.A.0.562_Kernel.ftf (4.651 kB) flashed (then also MT15I_4.1.A.0.562_Kernel.ftf), Logs s. Appendix !! (There must be something wrong here, although no error is shown!), Then to routed with DooMLoRD and start the script runme.bat.
Several things do not run as described:
1.) After the flashing and start-up are now missing lots of app icons on the desktop. (I did not give any Wipe !!)
2.) The phone app and contacts now plunge consistently. Mobile phone currently not usable.
3.) Although the Flash seemed to succeed, changed under Telefoninfos nothing: same Android and Kernel version, as well as build number. Why not? (The attackable Kernel 4.0.3 is nevertheless still on it?)
4.) I start runme.bat, has changed purely GARNICHTS. Just as before, no write access is allowed and, among other things, Reported: "can not open for write: read-only file system". What a crap !!
5.) Under Settings is missing now menu point 'Xperia' !! For example, No longer change between MTP and MSC !! ...

After 6 hours of trial I give it up now frustrated and turn to you. On the net I find NOTHING about my case.
Who can tell me what I am doing wrong here?
Who would be able to look at the attached Flashtool-Log?
Many many thanks.

PS: After flashing again the previous kernel is at least everything again okay, just how do I roote now only? ...

Attachments

• flashtool_2016-11-12_11-28-33.log
    81.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Falk2

Jun 11, 2011
Karlsruhe
Hello again,
Hmmh, many is now obviously too late and the mobile phone too 'outdated', to report here yet !? No more interested !?
I would however be very grateful, especially since the Neo and the Ray, in addition to the unfortunately unfortunately (not cheaply) available, for Japan-made SX model of Sony the only, really small mobile phones with good display resolution AND a lot of good camera.
I hold little of the in my opinion now much too big mobile phones! Does not anyone have good eyes here or do not surf on the road all the time? ...
And with CM11 (up to CM13 if necessary) you have a much up-to-date and fast Custom Rome, which also takes the small memory into account. So it's worth it! ...
Although I've got a little bit of help now, thanks to the Chinese root program Eroot, but I've reached a partial rooting after all the methods you've described (Xperia-Flashtool, Tweak-Installer, Eroot, ...) With this tool with me not possible, among other things In the system directory.
Please, why is there such a big discrepancy between what you write here in XDA and what works with me?
It has changed in the 4 years here but not at all!? ...

Now, e.g. Link2SD and I now have a CWM recovery on it, but I can still flash a custom rom, because for example. When playing the LX kernel ( 'fastboot flash boot boot.img') I still get the write permission denied.
Please, please help me!
This can not be that everyone thinks, that is very simplistic and here is simply nothing of it!? ...
I am currently not really aware of any error.
Thank you very much.

Last edited: