[ROM][Play/Neo L]KitKat 4.4.4][CM11.0]

Search This thread

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
This is the kitkat rom for xperia play, with videos, tutorials and news about this rom..the original rom thread is here
thanks to mikeioannina

As the other thread is for development, this rom is for us, users, discuss about the rom, new builds,gaming and overall progress.

VIDEO REVIEW HD LAST BUILD

Last edited:

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
EASY Installation video HD:

FIRMWARE XPERIA PLAY ONLY

FIRMWARE XPERIA PLAY /NEOL

WHEN LX BOOTLOGO APPEARS CLICK ON BUTTON VOL- FOR A FEW SECONDS..IT WILL APPEAR RECOVERY AS IN VIDEO.

-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache
-mounts and storage-format system/format data/format cache
-install zip from sd card: last build for xperia play here:https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/LegacyXperia/zeus/cm-11.0/nightlies
-reboot
-reboot to recovery and install this mini gapps: http://d-h.st/AZnl

BETTER BATTERY LIFE/ INCALL BLACK ETC..--»flash this if you want:http://d-h.st/Cu5o

Last edited:
Reactions: rohan023

bLoodYHandZ04

Sep 28, 2013
Taguig
Nice to hear that you are still supporting this phone. Thumbs up to you smokerman.
Sadly I already moved out because my Play was stolen.
Currently I have the Oneplus One. Hope to see you there in the future. :D

big_smile

Jul 7, 2013
Is there a list of what works and doesn't work in this rom. Is it stable enough to be daily driver?
Thanks to Smokerman for producing it and mikeioannina for all his work.

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
its stable enough for daily rom..but better if you guys see the video..only thing not working for me is camera..but on video i say somethings to get a better experience and some advices when you run the rom..battery drains fast also, kernel is not optimized as can be..but try it if you want..to get back to another rom or kernel is just fastboot the desired kernel and follow the installation steps that you use here for this rom..easy as that...;)

saqibkhan

Bro, help with development of lollipop cuz its better and quicker than kitkat i believe.. and camera works.. everything does actually.. except data and outgoing calls atm.. do u want the latest build ?

Btw, cant u build MIUI v6 for KitKat ??

Sent from my R800i using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

fliperpl

Apr 1, 2012
Cracow
Bro, help with development of lollipop cuz its better and quicker than kitkat i believe.. and camera works.. everything does actually.. except data and outgoing calls atm.. do u want the latest build ?

Btw, cant u build MIUI v6 for KitKat ??

Sent from my R800i using XDA Free mobile app

indeed. Lolipop is even more powerfull than kitkat.

erwinstyd

Sep 5, 2013
which one should i choose for rom and kernel
is this ? " cm-11-20141224-UNOFFICIAL-LegacyXperia-zeus.zip " and "cm-11-20141224-UNOFFICIAL-LegacyXperia-zeus.zip.md5sum"??

thanks

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
@saqibkhan send me the files by pm please.

MIUI 6 its almost impossible(doesnt mean it cant be done, Lets see)..its heavier than MIUI 5 and 512 ram is low..with my MI 3 running MIUI 6 kitkat 4.4.4 and 2GB ram i have usually 500mb free..even MIUI 5 latest versions we have less than 100 free ram..and believe me , i ve tested a lot..thats why i recommend version 3-7-12 full to have a great experience and play games in xperia play, latest versions (3.9.27 is the last i ve updated) its super heavy and buggy..:(

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I'm getting myself an Xperia Play in the coming days, but heard that ROMs based on the 3.4 kernel (including CM11) doesn't support the slide-out gamepad... Is that true?

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM12
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13+ lacks Signature function - do not update]

david7380

Dec 2, 2008
Columbia
I'm getting myself an Xperia Play in the coming days, but heard that ROMs based on the 3.4 kernel (including CM11) doesn't support the slide-out gamepad... Is that true?

Game-pad works but touchpads do not, only d-pad and buttons. Full gamepad compatibility is only possible on Gingerbread. On ICS touchpads work for most games. Since CM10 there have been efforts to have touchpads fully working but it has not been possible due to a lack of official Sony drivers for it.

Reactions: AndyYan

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
Let me add something..touchpads and gamepads working on GB,ICS and JB..problem is many games for optimized for xperia play only support 100% GB..anyway we can play many games in JB and its still my favourite roms for xperia play..but for hard gamers than want the full experience is better GB..even so if you see my video review of kitkat on xperia play, i ve played super fast and smooth with gamepads..touchpads doesnt work at all.:(

Reactions: david7380

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Game-pad works but touchpads do not, only d-pad and buttons. Full gamepad compatibility is only possible on Gingerbread. On ICS touchpads work for most games. Since CM10 there have been efforts to have touchpads fully working but it has not been possible due to a lack of official Sony drivers for it.

Oh, that's okay then. Games I play don't require these touchpads anyway. Gotta see how this goes.

Motawa88

Oct 9, 2011
Hamburg
does it work with android wear? it should right? Android wear requiers 4.3. Does bluetooth work?
Any chance that data will work in the near future? What about oc?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts