Just bite the bullet for a refurbished unit

Search This thread

maxkhoon

Oct 13, 2012
I have gave up waiting for a modern replacement, no device are like xperia play AFAIK, I absolutely love the idea of sliding mechanism to hide the controller and an ACTUAL integrated controller, it might be a tad pricey but I think it is worth it. I love my psp go too, I really hope Sony revive the Xperia play series :crying:

inaroom

Feb 26, 2013
Moto Z2 Play
I have gave up waiting for a modern replacement, no device are like xperia play AFAIK, I absolutely love the idea of sliding mechanism to hide the controller and an ACTUAL integrated controller, it might be a tad pricey but I think it is worth it. I love my psp go too, I really hope Sony revive the Xperia play series :crying:

Very unlikely, they let PS vita die and the xplay basically didn't have support and went obsolete really fast cause of the specs and memory. That being said I love it , I had up to 4 xplay at one point, sold them all and kept 1 for emulation. Sad I can't use it as mainly driver

psxpetey

apparently a nintendo phone might come out, if they do maybe sony will compete.

MajoraJuno

Feb 25, 2019
Ordered one too

Ordered one today too for €70 from AliExpress probably have to pay another €20 import taxes. I got it especially for emulation and especially especially for Super Mario World hacks as the PSP won't emulate it. I think it's a nicer machine than the handhelds coming out today. Had an Xperia Play about 5 years ago and remember how much i loved it. .. will take about a month i guess before it arrives

SwisSwiss

Jan 14, 2017
HA! ......Got one too yesterday. Trying to find a good guide to free its maximum potential if you know what i mean ;)

EDIT: seems like there is a lot of very good information on this forum

Last edited:

Cleeq

Jun 18, 2020
Pulaski
I just recently picked up "refurb" as well. It honestly looks like it could be New old stock, it has no signs of use and came sealed in a Nokia branded shipping container. I can say it has already been an adventure to get everything working. I look forward to putting it through its paces, as I've already ordered a 64gb micro SD card to play around with.

Jason Nino

Dec 4, 2015
I purchase this phone a few months now back in 2011-2013 this phone is amazing a lot of developers are working and customizing this phone. I watch a lot of video how to root installing custom rom upgrading and tweaking. After installing customizing rom and some experiment I end it up go back to stock firmware. Reason why. Yes it will boost the performance of your phone but it’s not really stable sometimes the functionality of the phone will ruined and end up to boot. This is my personal opinion and experience only. However on stock firmware what you can do is root the device and install CWM it will work fine. I have a lot of hd android games install to my xperia mini pro and Im trying to do the same thing in xperia play.
Using this phone in 2020 is still fine at least for me im not in to online gaming. I use this phone for emulation such as Nes, Snes, Gba, GB Color, Sega genesis, PS1 (not all of the games run smoothly) some HD android HD games and for call and text sometimes Facebook.

I hope Sony the make another phone like Xperia play with controller like this added L.1.2.3 and R. 1.2.3 trigger 2 analog stick. Updated android version. Bigger internal storage 256gb to 1tb will be awesome!!! A card slot up to 1tb, 6gb to 8gb ram, 4000Mah. 20 mega pixel front and back 4” to 5” screen is fine. Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, CPU Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585) GPU Adreno 650. 3.5mm jack.

I’m kind a crazy after thinking of this spec XD. But hey it will be a perfect phone who love emulation and hd android gaming.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.