Xperia Play HDMI TP engineering display model All in one(info)

Search This thread

psxpetey

Just bought a Xperia Play HDMI TP engineering build So i decided to make an all in one thread. This thread is for those buying one of these plays for information on how it works how to use it ETC. Also for all those curious about this build of play. There is a lot of misinformation around on these plays and zero videos as far as I have ever seen. Some people show it being connected to a Tv and played but they never explained anything in the video.
Model AT&T with edream 2.3.2
verizon-edream3.0-verizon-zues-110426-1812
baseband: 7x30a-aaabqmazm-1290_10-01
r800x

build.prop is especially interesting and custom maybe thats something for another video lol.

One bug I had an especially good time with was sdcard would not mount basically I would press sdcard mount and it would immediately unmount when mounted. This went on for about two days until it finally mounted and stayed mounted one day.
As I say in the video this play is a little more buggy than the released play but it is as smooth as butter and works great other than that. There is zero lag in the UI or when playing games. When you first turn it on or turn it on after the battery has been removed, diesel dumper will say (aww snap kernel has crashed trying to fix). Which makes your pants turn brown for a second because you probably payed over 200$ for your awesome HDMI play. The service menu is also a bit different and quite interesting.

This video showcases the motherboard, info on getting it going etc. Here is the Video:

http://youtu.be/-7toBShIuas

Basically all info you could want to know is explained in it about this particular play. I wish one of these videos had come out when the play first launched so we could have avoided all the HDMI trolls. Also some pictures of the motherboard will be shown below as I have never seen any anywhere and I have looked quite extensively. Anyways enjoy the video and pictures hopefully they are informative.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:

bonapartist

Jun 20, 2013
I had one of these briefly, sold it for a profit due to hard times. Good to see them ending up in the hands of those who appreciate the history and significance of these special units. :)

psxpetey

I had one of these briefly, sold it for a profit due to hard times. Good to see them ending up in the hands of those who appreciate the history and significance of these special units. :)

Ya they are so cool im having a blast with mine loved my old play. only reason I sold my original was because the flex went out when I was away and needed another phone until I could fix the flex. Otherwise id still have it lol. Its to bad sony crapped the bed on games. Great device but I think there was alot more in store if it became popular as a system.

Sent from my LT28i using XDA Free mobile app

kiriki-kun

Nov 7, 2009
I wonder how hard is to get the Xperia Play HDMI and how much it costs? I looked on ebay and found nothing.

psxpetey

I wonder how hard is to get the Xperia Play HDMI and how much it costs? I looked on ebay and found nothing.
Mine was about 200$ they very rarely pop up. Also so far I have not found a way to unlock the bootloader. I looked into frost but that seemed to do something slightly different

Sent from my LT28i using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just bought a Xperia Play HDMI TP engineering build So i decided to make an all in one thread. This thread is for those buying one of these plays for information on how it works how to use it ETC. Also for all those curious about this build of play. There is a lot of misinformation around on these plays and zero videos as far as I have ever seen. Some people show it being connected to a Tv and played but they never explained anything in the video.
    Model AT&T with edream 2.3.2
    verizon-edream3.0-verizon-zues-110426-1812
    baseband: 7x30a-aaabqmazm-1290_10-01
    r800x

build.prop is especially interesting and custom maybe thats something for another video lol.

One bug I had an especially good time with was sdcard would not mount basically I would press sdcard mount and it would immediately unmount when mounted. This went on for about two days until it finally mounted and stayed mounted one day.
    As I say in the video this play is a little more buggy than the released play but it is as smooth as butter and works great other than that. There is zero lag in the UI or when playing games. When you first turn it on or turn it on after the battery has been removed, diesel dumper will say (aww snap kernel has crashed trying to fix). Which makes your pants turn brown for a second because you probably payed over 200$ for your awesome HDMI play. The service menu is also a bit different and quite interesting.

This video showcases the motherboard, info on getting it going etc. Here is the Video:

http://youtu.be/-7toBShIuas

Basically all info you could want to know is explained in it about this particular play. I wish one of these videos had come out when the play first launched so we could have avoided all the HDMI trolls. Also some pictures of the motherboard will be shown below as I have never seen any anywhere and I have looked quite extensively. Anyways enjoy the video and pictures hopefully they are informative.