You might have seen my last Guide about Flashing BPaul's 5.0 and 5.1.1 and Mickybart's nAOSP 6.0 for ACRO S
Here I present you Android nAOSP Nougat for Xperia ACRO S.
The purpose of this ROM is to provide a ROM not so far of the AOSP with some cool features (nAOSP means "near AOSP"). It is clean, smooth and Bloat-free
NOTE: Although there isn't any chances of
hard-bricking your phone, you MAY encounter soft-brick. If you don't know
what I'm talking about and what is 'hard-brick' and ''soft-brick' or how to
recover from it, please read about that before continuing.
Do AT your own risk!
- android-7.1.1_r22 (February security fixes)
- Settings: enable Gestures (into Device section after User) to manage pickup, double tap on power button to run camera and wakeup
- Sensors: Pickup: stable and enabled by default
- KernelManager Included to tweak kernel parameters. Don't use things you don't know about. (use at your own risk)
- All integrated Xperia Apps removed. (provided .zip packages link below)
- Minor touch-ups
Xperia Apps: JUST_CLICK_HERE
Patch for b03:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767141681
- USB OTG back to work
- Xperia Album added (replaced over Gallery) (Lockscren & Homescreen wallpapers can be set individually)
- Xperia HOME added (Experimental)(Launcher3 isn't removed yet, in case you experienced problem with HOME switch to Launcher3)
- Xperia Clock+Widget added (replaced over AOSP clock having snoozer bug)
- Xperia Weather widget added
- Xperia Keyboard added (replaced over AOSP)
- The Drill added (settings>Information)
- Minor bugs fixed...
Also Updater is experiencing some problems.
Submit Review/Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...1eqIQ/viewform
- android-7.1.1_r9 (January security fixes)
- Lightbar removed (from settings/nAOSProm options)
- FM/Radio crash fixed
- Bootanimation changed to Stock Xperia X style
- ROMUpdater fixed (next update can be installed directly)
- OTA: Support addon.d (Gapps and hosts file will be restored so you don't need to flash gapps anymore during a dirty flash)
- OTA: Support resize /system automatically for those with bigger /system (compatible with addon.d as the resize occurs before addon.d restore)
- QS: Number of columns configurable
- Status bar: bring back support of custom battery style
- Navbar: Pixel style + fix crash when enabled for some applications
- RIL: fixed manual network selection requests
- Launcher3 fixed
- Launcher3: Search bar not displayed anymore for those without search provider (not tested when a service provider is available). Dark icons on status bar if the top wallpaper is not dark.
- Eleven, Gallery, ...: Switch from CM to LineageOS repos
- Android-7.1.1_r4 (December security fixes)
- Themes: Pixel blue by default
- QS: Fast Charge tile removed. Fast Charge integrated with Battery tile. Properly handle the fact that a fast charge change require an unplug/plug to be effective.
- Tethering usb/wifi fixed @adriandC)
Procedure for b01:
Make a clean Flash.
Launcher 3 is not working so use given Launcher (download section below) and flash through recovery. (After bootup Force Stop Launcher 3)
(Flash ROM+GApps => Given Launcher => Wipe cache => Reboot!)
nAOSP 7.0 Nougat Changelog
Please remove your themes before flashing the ROM as Substratum is now fully supported (but not the legacy one)
- android-7.0.0_r19 (November security fixes)
- kernel: security updates
- OMS7 support
- SELinux: Enforced
- Fix camcorder
- Fix battery draining when screen off
- Audio: incall: port voice session and volume/mute control from nAOSP 5.1
- Navigation bar tuner (see System UI Tuner)
- Dialer: automatic proximity speaker
- New audio sounds from Google Nexus devices
- Tethering: Available for everyone (no provisionning, bypass tethering plan)
- Ui: QS USB Tethering
- Ui: QS Sync
- Ui: Press on Clock or Date from status bar will start Alarm or Calandar Apps (new alarm or new event on Long press)
- Time: Disable unneeded proprietary time_daemon which causing unexpected clock change
- Themes: full substratum themes support (base, dialer, contacts, settings...)
- Exchange: bring back support from Android 6.0
- Jack: add manual plug/unplug control for broken jack detection (see nAOSProm settings and Quick Settings) - thanks to @sne and @heavens dragon for the icon
- su: include supolicy (from SuperSU)
- Night mode: Automatic mode and rework for 7.0/Kcal support - see System UI Tuner/Color and Appearance
- SafetyNet: experimental workaround (working fine with SafetyNet Helper but not with Android Pay. don't know for PokemonGo)
- TWRP: not included (please use the one from nAOSP 6.0 b13)
- Bluetooth: fix that permit to toggle on the bluetooth after a clean flash @millosr)
- fix multiple soft reboot (eg: video playback on Gallery) @millosr)
- gapps-config.txt: do not install GooglePackageInstaller (needed for integrated Superuser)
- Kernel : multiple security fixes + sdcardfs support
- Busybox included
- Adaway, Susbtratum legacy apps supported (some time Adaway is not able to write and need a second try)
- diag: Fix permissions for /dev/diag and services that need it
- GPU: Enable tiled
- 2D: Support 60 fps + managed by the GPU to reduce CPU load (improve global responsivness).
- OMX: Hw encoder support
- Webview provider (Developer Settings)
- Bluetooth (thanks @millosr) - All incoming files supported
- Camera slow start issue fixed
- Camera2 : crash and portrait issue fixed
- DeskClock : crash on World button fixed
- Email: Fake security for Exchange
- Selinux : PERMISSIVE (temporary)
- telephony: opensource libril and rild (thanks @millosr)
- Memory: Malloc SVELTE mode (reduce memory space but slower allocation speed)
NOTE: While Flashing ROM through recovery if you seen an error like,
E: unknown command [log] just don't worry. It's perfectly normal.
All Release available (download appropriate):
(ARM => 7.X => any)
Overclocked kernel are tested on my own device BUT I won't be responsible for any damages on yours.
By default the ROM will use stock frequencies.
How to Flash
You need to merge partitions /data and /sdcard (already done if you come from nAOSP 6.0).
IF not, please read the 6.0 procedure to flash this ROM. (JUST Re-Partitioning & Changing file-system)
If you come from nAOSP 6.0 b12, you can simply flash the ROM as usual (a clean flash is preferable if you migrate from 6.0)
By default if the device is too hot it will reduce the screen brightness and CPU clock.
When the device will be cool enough it will restore brightness and CPU clock but at 1.5Ghz only.
If you want to force thermanager to restore the clock to a specific value defined by an external overclocking tool,
you can edit /system/etc/thermanager.xml.
Themes are supported with Substratum only (OMS).
This is not a CM Theme Engine and so you can just use Substratum OMS themes.
All credits go to ViPER520 and the amazing works.
You should read detail and go to thanks developers.
xda : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223
- ViPER4Android Team
- Cyanogenmod Team
- FXP Team
- TWRP Team
- All the community around Android
If you found above post easy and helpful, you could donate/buy me a cup of COFFEE or even a BEER! Just click HERE!