Are you experiencing slow down on your phone 'cause too many apps out of internal memory?
That's the solution!
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead pets, thermonuclear * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, We will * laugh at you. Loud and hard. */
- Linux computer with Android SDK installed or a mind in order to use these instructions in a different way (different OS, partial SDK installation, ecc...)
- Backup of your apps, data and your internal memory, you have to re-flash your rom. If needed backup your "sdcard" partition (you are going to loose everything in, so also apps on sd card), maybe you could consider a nandroid backup for a disaster recovery and/or titanium backup (or equivalent) to restore your apps and settings.
- Install and boot TWRP
- Get a shell:
(PC) adb shell
- Umount sdcard
(ADB SHELL) umount /sdcard
- Open fdisk
(ADB SHELL) fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0
- Print current partition table (and save the output somewhere)
(ADB SHELL/fdisk) p
- Remove sdcard and data partition:
(ADB SHELL/fdisk) d (ADB SHELL/fdisk) 15 (ADB SHELL/fdisk) d (ADB SHELL/fdisk) 14
- Create new data partition
(ADB SHELL/fdisk) n (First cylinder) -> you have to indicate the same start cylinder of partition 14 read in step 6 (Last cylinder) -> +8192M (this will create a 8gB partition)
- Check new partition table
(ADB SHELL/fdisk) p
- Create new sd partition
(ADB SHELL/fdisk) n (First cylinder) -> you have to indicate the stop cylinder of partition 14 read in step 8 +1. If you read 292945 as stop cylinder you have to write 292946. (Last cylinder) -> just press enter (ADB SHELL/fdisk) t (ADB SHELL/fdisk) 15 (ADB SHELL/fdisk) c
- Write changes to partition table
(ADB SHELL/fdisk) w
- "wipe" data and sdcard to format your new partitions
- Push your ROM and gapps
(PC) adb push myrom.zip /sdcard/ (PC) adb push gapps.zip /sdcard/
- Flash ROM and gapps
...if everything was going successfully...
- Eventually restore sdcard data
Enjoy your new big data partiton