FORUMS

[IncendiumMod] Boot2Gecko for Xperia SP

233 posts
Thanks Meter: 694

By boylush, Senior Member on 3rd September 2014, 01:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
We've Moved!
IncendiumMod has moved! Come join us in the new thread!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-sp/development/firefox-os-xsp-t2890904/

XDA:DevDB Information
[IncendiumMod] Boot2Gecko for Xperia SP , ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
boylush, feherneoh, Furrydaus, adfad666 TakuyaZ
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked BL
Based On: Firefox OS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 20140712-OTA-ffos-hu
Stable Release Date: 2014-07-12

Created 2014-09-03
Last Updated 2014-10-05
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to boylush For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boylush Ad-Free
3rd September 2014, 01:15 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

More
Reserved
3rd September 2014, 05:08 PM |#3  
Flag Surakarta
Thanks Meter: 23

More
anyone tested the rom ?
3rd September 2014, 05:16 PM |#4  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 662

More
I don't know what to say.... i've never tried firefox os before and... it just looks so beautiful! thank you for getting this running on the xsp! if firefox os somehow ends up running android apps i'm sold

EDIT: is it safe to say that the camera doesn't work at all? or i get stuck on a black screen or the app launches but there is no picture! i thought oh it's bugged so it should work 1/10 times lol
3rd September 2014, 05:55 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Waiting for reviews.
3rd September 2014, 06:14 PM |#6  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 662

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshadow2

Waiting for reviews.

small review:

UI: fast and responsive, problem: the ui images don't look to sharp they are low quality (is this a resolution issue or is it just firefox os?)

APPS: not many apps but apps like facebook, twitter, youtube do exist (youtube bug: can't change video to 720p, only 480p i think) even though the apps are just like web pages they work fine

Networking: WI-FI, 3g, bluetooth all work, LTE doesn't work but i don't have lte in my country (only on certain places)

Overall feel: the os is good and smooth and it has a lot of potential but it's not yet ready for consumers (i'm gonna use this os for about 2 days and then i'll decide if i wanna switch back) but if the os ends up being able to run android apps i'm definitely sold!

BUGS: camera and lte do not work but fm radio, video, audio, gps and most stuff actually works (good job devs) the camera is a little glitched right now (safe to say it doesn't work at all) it can crash you phone so i don't recommend using the camera app till a fix has been announced

I recommend people to give this a shot but not to use it as a daily driver (yet)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noahvt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noahvt Ad-Free
5th September 2014, 03:42 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt

small review:

UI: fast and responsive, problem: the ui images don't look to sharp they are low quality (is this a resolution issue or is it just firefox os?)

APPS: not many apps but apps like facebook, twitter, youtube do exist (youtube bug: can't change video to 720p, only 480p i think) even though the apps are just like web pages they work fine

Networking: WI-FI, 3g, bluetooth all work, LTE doesn't work but i don't have lte in my country (only on certain places)

Overall feel: the os is good and smooth and it has a lot of potential but it's not yet ready for consumers (i'm gonna use this os for about 2 days and then i'll decide if i wanna switch back) but if the os ends up being able to run android apps i'm definitely sold!

BUGS: camera and lte do not work but fm radio, video, audio, gps and most stuff actually works (good job devs) the camera is a little glitched right now (safe to say it doesn't work at all) it can crash you phone so i don't recommend using the camera app till a fix has been announced

I recommend people to give this a shot but not to use it as a daily driver (yet)

Yes the apps are supposed to be web-apps , about the Camera & LTE yes , i've indicated under bugs that it is currently not working
10th September 2014, 01:32 PM |#8  
Great to see another Singaporean here on XDA!

Anyways, don't you think this should be in the Android Development Section? :P

Here's what I think of this ROM (Or should I refer it to as an OS?)
  • Fast
  • Smooth
  • Quite Buggy at times
  • SINGTEL LTE DOESNT WORK RARRR
  • Overall great experience

Very Early to say if this will work out and it sadly isn't ok to use as a day-to-day type of OS so I decided to revert back to my own rom. BUT if the more game breaking bugs such as random lags and the weird battery drains, it should deserve to be in my favourite ROMs. Hope to be able to see this ROM bug-free and such. Do consult devs here because some of them may just be smart enough to be able to help with this development. See you around this little red dot!

Regards,
Furrydaus
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Furrydaus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Furrydaus Ad-Free
11th September 2014, 07:43 AM |#9  
Flag lucknow
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Awesome work will try soon
looks great
11th September 2014, 02:32 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,447

More
so many downloads and no one is seeding torrent..
I would like to try this webOS experience.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firefoxos, foxperiateam, huashan

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)