[COMMUNITY] Xperia SP PROJECT Illuminate

Do you want Illumination support for AOSP ROMs?

• Yes

Votes: 102 95.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread
Mar 27, 2014
Great idea

Having music beat on blisspop would be the greatest, discolight and u disco have always been buggy and unstable for me, loved it on official 4.3 roms.

Last edited:

Jadimo

Dec 31, 2014
Would it be possible to somehow reverse -engineer the sony illumination app from stock 4.3 and get it working with current 5.1.1 roms?

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnoSparks

Jadimo

Dec 31, 2014
Would it be possible to somehow reverse -engineer the sony illumination app from stock 4.3 and get it working with current 5.1.1 roms?
Nevermind my question, actually i've got them to work on android 5.1.1 but there is a problem with handling some resources and it don't want to light up the leds :crying:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-01-00-03-07.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-01-00-03-07.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot_2016-03-01-00-03-24.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-01-00-03-24.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot_2016-03-01-18-04-48.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-01-18-04-48.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: mms6430

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XPERIA SP: PROJECT ILLUMINATE

ay7s5u.jpg

In collaboration with Rockie Remastered

Introduction
    What is the Xperia SP? Why do we have it? Many users have ditched their old phones to get the Xperia SP because of it's unique illumination bar. Many people i know in person have got the SP instead of the Z3 or other Z phones because of it's unique feature that stands out among all the other Android phones on the market:good:. But something went wrong when Sony decided to abandon our beloved Xperia SP after updating it from JellyBean to JellyBean... :crying:

Lollipop... we have made it so far in the development chain for Android without Sony's official ROM, we have even achieved a stable KitKat source from Cyanogenmod, amazing! :). BUT most of us still dread in the inside when listening to music on our device, the illumination bar doesnt light up. I have tested many ROMs here on xda and only one or two AOSP ROMs could successfully support the illumination bar for music. I have met many people who have never left stock ROM because of this. It is a shame thinking that the works of many great developers such as MrSteve555, Furrydaus, Bagyusz (and much more!) are ignored because of this problem which has been ignored in many AOSP ROMs. Personally, the illumination issue does annoy me because that is the main reason i got the SP, but i also want to contribute to helping AOSP developers.

What We Can Do
    We will need every developer to try and get the illumination API to support their ROM and maybe even support their stock music player (regardless if its Walkman or not). OR we could make a music player with the API which can support Lollipop 5.x and Kitkat 4.4.x :highfive:

Official Sony Illumination API: http://developer.sonymobile.com/knowledge-base/experimental-apis/illumination-bar-api/

DOWNLOADS!
    Walkman (for JB AOSP) [TEST]: https://mega.co.nz/#!IQgzib7Q!oFcJeDrlsP0rNA8BXKbelAiOm767Mk4LCRtyDwxBsHU

ILLUMINATION STATUS
    Cyanogenmod 11 LBL by @bagyusz: No
    Cyanogenmod 12 LBL by @bagyusz: No
    Cyanogenmod 11 Weeklies LBL by @MrSteve555: Yes
    Cyanogenmod 11S by @Furrydaus: Yes
    Resurrection Remix 5.0.2 LBL by @Furrydaus: No
    Resurrection Remix 5.3.7 UBL by @Furrydaus: No
    Xperia Performance Max Ultra by @Marília de Oliveira: Yes (With Walkman)
    ArchXperia 1.0.5 by @MT27i: Yes (With Walkman)
    Z3 ExperienceSP 3.1 by @vwadam: No
    Archxperia 1.1.0 by @MT27i: Yes (With Walkman)
    XperianZe 3.0.5 by @Omessy7: No
    Resurrection Remix 5.4.0 UBL by @Furrydaus: Yes
    Cyanogenmod 12.1 (Unofficial UBL) by @Mrcl1450: Yes
    Boot2Gecko (Firefox OS) by @boylush: No

Coming Soon:
    NSX ROM by @demonio98: UNDER INVESTIGATION
    Contribute to the list above by replying on this thread. DO NOT PM me.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [COMMUNITY] Project Illuminate, Device Specific App for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
    TheAvengingTITAN
    Source Code: http://developer.sonymobile.com/knowledge-base/experimental-apis/illumination-bar-api/

Version Information

Created 2015-03-14
    Last Updated 2015-03-15
    Will think about adding it to the next iteration of my ROMs if possible. Will be more inclined if more people actually vote haha
    Does it not work with Lollipop? I could've sworn it worked with ART on KitKat. Anyway, good luck with the app. It'll be nice to see a native light effect for music on KitKat.

It did work on ART with CM11 when I tried but sadly it doesn't work with Lollipop. The app does start up and all the other things like rainbow and flash strobe work... But the colour beat doesn't work :( . I've managed to get a modified Walkman apk to work on JB based AOSP ROMs with illumination support. After further testing, I'll release it for you guys to try :D
    The next test upload will take a while because I'll be testing it on Apollo. But first I'll need a person experienced with Java to.implement the API. Might take a while.

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app
    In the op you mentioned that illumination works in MrSteves CM11/LBL right? So does this apply to the built in apollo music player? :confused:

Apollo using Discolight or U-Disco. :)
    It also works on YouTube and every other player, even the radio! :)

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app