[ROM][SNAPSHOT][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia T

Search This thread

symish

Mar 13, 2015
Hi

I own a smultron with lineage Os and usb host crashes everytime I try to link my pendrive through OTG. Same with my Nintendo switch. Is OTG SUPPORTED ON THIS ROM? I think i have lineage14 but The old version. Thanks

abiliojr

Sep 15, 2011
Sleep of death

After installing this image in a LT30p, everything goes fine, until the moment I decide to use my SD card as internal storage (adoptable). Just after setting it up, the phone will stop waking up from sleep when disconnected from the charger. Connected to a charger, I will keep on waking up.

Any ideas?

AlpCaPard

Nov 2, 2018
Help with unify userdata

Hi, I get an "ERROR: 7" message when I try to install the unify_userdata zip. Probably I'm doing this wrong, so can somebody tell what exactly I have to do?

On stock Xperia T, I've unlocked the bootloader and flashed TWRP. I first tried to adb push the zip to /sdcard and then install the zip the TWRP, but this failed. I then read a message on here saying to mount the legacy SD card (already mounted) and copy the file to there. I did this and then tried to install this file (on /sdcard_legacy) but still the same error. So, what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Klaus N.

Oct 14, 2012
Nuremberg
Hi, I get an "ERROR: 7" message when I try to install the unify_userdata zip. Probably I'm doing this wrong, so can somebody tell what exactly I have to do?

On stock Xperia T, I've unlocked the bootloader and flashed TWRP. I first tried to adb push the zip to /sdcard and then install the zip the TWRP, but this failed. I then read a message on here saying to mount the legacy SD card (already mounted) and copy the file to there. I did this and then tried to install this file (on /sdcard_legacy) but still the same error. So, what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

There's no need to use the unify zip anymore. Simply follow Adrian's instructions in the op in the Flashing and updating section. Then take that for a "Lineage clean install" - step by step ;)

AlpCaPard

Nov 2, 2018
There's no need to use the unify zip anymore. Simply follow Adrian's instructions in the op in the Flashing and updating section. Then take that for a "Lineage clean install" - step by step ;)

Thanks for the reply. I thought the installation would fail if there was not enough space available without unifying the storage? In any case, I just ignored the whole situation and got an external MicroSD instead. For anyone else in this situation: just copy the files to the external storage instead of the internal storage and flash as normal. The messed up mount points will be overwritten by the LineageOS install anyway.

AlpCaPard

Nov 2, 2018
On the Xperia T at least, I can confirm that if you don't unify user data (get the zip from the lineageOS mint wiki), then the storage space indicated in the settings menu will be erroneous (on a fresh install it listed 13 Gb used out of a total of 14 Gb). Everything will install fine, but you will get this bug. If you adb shell into the phone and run "df -h /data", then the /data partition displays something like this:

Code:
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 1.9G  534M  1.4G  27% /data

If you unify user data first and then install LineageOS it should look something like this:

Code:
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/block/mmcblk0p14  13G  940M   12G   8% /data

Note the size the /data partition is ~13 Gb and not ~2 Gb.

So, absolutely unify user data in TWRP before you install LineageOS if you've never done it before (if you're coming from a stock ROM). My advice would be to put it on an external microSD and flash it from there. I can confirm this works (I have 2 Xperia T's). On the first Xperia T I placed it on the internal SD partition and ran it from there. When I did this the script obviously failed, but it did actually create a unified partition by the looks of it. What happened was that the partition size was not being reported correctly (for whatever reason). But if you just carry on with the LineageOS install it will work fine. But I recommend not going through this. Just do it "properly" and buy a microSD if you don't have one and flash it from there.

Also I'd like to add something that was difficult for me to find out: once you install TWRP you can usually boot into recovery and fix your phone if anything goes wrong. If you get to the Xperia logo screen then press the up and down volume buttons repeatedly (you prob only need to keep pressing one of them or the other, but this works regardless) and you will boot into recovery. From there you can adb push zips or mount a microSD with a zip and flash a ROM or anything else you need to do.

Last edited:

xperanto

Jan 22, 2017
I can confirm that you still have to unify userdata with the zip first, when you install LOS for the first time.
You can try to flash it from internal sdcard multiple time, but this doesn`t work always.
To be save, just flash it from an external sdcard as said or from an usb-stick & otg-cable (make sure the otg-cable is short enough, model T is pretty prone to otg-cables compared to model V. You can check it with dmesg).

Also I'd like to add something that was difficult for me to find out: once you install TWRP you can usually boot into recovery and fix your phone if anything goes wrong. If you get to the Xperia logo screen then press the up and down volume buttons repeatedly (you prob only need to keep pressing one of them or the other, but this works regardless) and you will boot into recovery. From there you can adb push zips or mount a microSD with a zip and flash a ROM or anything else you need to do.
"i invite you to read the wiki" ;)

There are three special boot modes:

1. Recovery: On boot, press Volume Down when the LEDs start lighting up.(That is the "normal recovery", not TWRP)
  2. Second Recovery: To boot the FOTA Recovery, press Volume Up instead [when the LEDs start lighting up!].(This is your TWRP, if you flashed the twrp-FOTA.zip)
  3. Download: With the device powered off, hold Volume Up and connect the USB cable. The notification light should turn blue. (aka fastboot mode)

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/mint#special-boot-modes-1

So there is no reason in fiddling arround with Vol+ or Vol- or even powerbutton like an italian scooter-mechanic at boot as you have to do with other devices. I love Sony for that...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 14.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
    Xperia T (Mint) - 14.1 : https://mega.nz/#F!Wgk2wQ7b!ZWcuEtYNMd8t3U1wAbfqCQ

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 7.x, Micro or Pico)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional) :
    TWRP 3.x : http://xdaforums.com/xperia-t-v/orig-development/-t3319588

Informations and references :
    Kernel CVEs : Security patches status https://cve.lineageos.org/android_kernel_sony_msm8x60
    About LineageOS updates : ChangeLog available on https://download.lineageos.org/mint/changes/
    About LineageOS device side : See my GitHub trees linked below

Unification of the user partitions into UserData
    Read more about the UserData unification :
    - https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/mint/

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install :
    - (Optional) Flash the boot.img kernel from the ROM zip with Fastboot or Flashtool
    - (Optional) Install TWRP Recovery to the FOTA partition (Read the TWRP thread)
    - (Optional) Wipe the data & cache (Backup to make sure not to lose data)
    - Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
    - (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
    - (CM / UNOFFICIAL) Nothing to wipe when switching
    - (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS official upgrade from older builds :
    - (Information) Read the following post : Update & Build Prep
    - (Optional) Backup your applications and / or ROM
    - (CM / UNOFFICIAL) Flash the EXPERIMENTAL migration build and reboot to Android
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM and reboot to Android

LineageOS addonsu for root access :
    - (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread
    - (Download) Download the addonsu for arm : LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    - (Optional) Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    - (Information) Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    - Reboot

About the builds

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Q&A - FAQ
    LineageOS 14.1 Mint Regular Questions and Answers : Q&A Thread

About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved
    in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

LineageOS available for Mint also thanks to :
    - The LineageOS Team
    - The CyanogenMod Team
    - Everyone involved in working and testing​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia T

Contributors
    Adrian DC
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-12-31
    Last Updated 2020-08-15
    Reserved

IMPORTANT FEATURES TO KNOW
    • Boot sequence : Once the LEDs light up :
      - Press Volume - to open the ROM recovery,
      - Press Volume + to open the FOTA recovery (TWRP usually) if available
    • Powered-off alarm : When you have set an alarm
      - If you power down the device, it will wake automatically 5 minutes before
      - If you let the device charge offline, it will automatically reboot 5 minutes before
    • Gestures : Events like hand-wave and pocket removal can be enabled in the Settings
    • Force reboot : You can reset the device by holding Power and Volume+ 5 seconds
    Reserved

FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro Ok
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - ROM Recovery : Broken for signed official (see below)
    - FOTA Recovery : Ok (see below)
    - WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - AOSP sensors : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & external audio : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok, Updating frequently based on Huashan kernel
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok (RTC real hardware clock, in TWRP recovery too)
    - Powered-off alarm : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - Encryption : Works but system gets slower
    - UserData Unification : Ok
    - SEPolicies : Fully enforced
    - UserData Unification no longer included inside the ROM release.
    - New unify_userdata package generated to handle the same purpose
    - restore_sdcard updated & both rehosted in a new folder
    - Reliable CyanogenRecovery from Snapshot 13.0 kept online as safe working recovery
    - Lineage Wiki informations updated and will be merged soon with the informations needed
    Hi Adrian,

but if someone, nay my device, has already done the UserData Unification, it's not neccessary to do that again?
    Thanks in advance!

It's a one-time event, if you redo it, my scripts will detect it and say you don't need to,
    just like it used to every time you would flash the older builds up to now.

Only difference is that both unification & revert are standalone isolated packages,
    and don't infer on the ROM building, hence less trouble regarding the signing process of official LineageOS.