CyanogenMod 11 Xperia TX Custom ROM. [Very Stable Rom]

Search This thread

Virus2o50

Jul 15, 2014
Salalah
:) Well, I Have Installed This On My Xperia TX and Its Working Great :) So i Just thought i'd share it with you guys :)
Your Device Must be Rooted and Must have CWM or TWRP Installed​

First Of All :3 Lets Get The Downloading Started :)

Bugs In Rom

1. No Bugs that i came across :D

2. Till now everything works fine Including Wifi , Bluetooth , the speakers, the camera and everything :)

3. IF YOU FIND ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW, So ill fix it asap :D

Now Lets Get To Flashing :),

Step 1. Connect Your Xperia TX to your PC and Copy Both the Files into your SD CARD

Step 2. Disconnect Your Phone and Load your custom Recovery (For me its CWM)
PS : DONT FORGET TO BACKUP EVERYTHING , Incase you do something STUPID! :D

Step 3. Wipe Data , Wipe cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache (All 3 are important)

xcufdj.jpg

ROM_Install_CWM_Recovery_2_600x450.jpg

ROM_Install_CWM_Recovery_3_600x450.jpg

Step 4.Now go Back and Choose Install Zip From SD Card, and Flash The rom First Then Gapps

ROM_Install_CWM_Recovery_5_600x450.jpg

Step 5. REBOOT SYSTEM AND ENJOY :D

IF anything wrong occurs , Feel Free to Leave a post and I'll Do my best to help
If You still somehow manage to screw things over -.- here is a Link to stock rom for Xperia TX running android 4.3

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Bugs In Rom

2. Till now everything works fine Including Wifi , Bluetooth , the speakers, the camera and everything :)

I hate to be the bad news but all those old FXP builds have a high battery drain while on WiFi due to certain wakelocks (mmc1_detect and suspend_backoff), and AFAIK, they have not been fixed.

On the other hand, if you really want a custom ROM, if I were you I'd go for Omnirom or Carbon. Sure they are ROMs based on other developers' work, but I'd stick with ROMs built by developers actually active here on XDA instead of using "official" ROMs, which generally don't get device specific fixes. While ROMs here get bug fixes, "official" builds remain having the same bugs.

I haven't tried the latest FXP builds, but considering the fact that AFAIK, none of those developers actually own a TX, it's hard for them to fix bugs. Besides, why use CM when you can use Omni or Carbon which are packed with WAY more features. ;)

Regarding the fixes, as an example:

Prima module in Sony stock kernel source doesn't even compile...even if we fix the errors, the module won't load. tital6991 used Prima WLAN driver revision 3.2.7.47 in his source, and I replaced my drivers/staging/prima folder with his. Now WiFi works and the battery drain seems nothing wrong. Here's the screenshot:
27x1lyg.png

@tilal6991 and @updateing have fixed this bug faster than the "official" developers. ;)

Reactions: Leo

Virus2o50

Jul 15, 2014
Salalah
That's wierd :eek: I haven't had any battery life problem, infact I actually think the battery got better with the custom rom :')

amr1406

Aug 14, 2012
jaddah
is this rom work for Locked Bootloader ? of course rooted and PhilZ Touch CWM Recovery installed

thanks for share :eek:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
is this rom work for Locked Bootloader ? of course rooted and PhilZ Touch CWM Recovery installed

Its For Both Locked and Unlocked Bootloaders :)

Once again.... no, you cannot install custom ROMs on locked bootloaders. If your bootloader is locked, your phone will not boot up with a custom kernel due to unmatching signatures. @amr1406: This applies to any custom ROM; if it's not Stock Based, it will not work. You will be able to flash it, and then get a black screen on boot.
@Virus2o50: It's irresponsible to give instructions that are known will cause problems to users, whether out of malice or because you don't know what you're talking about; especially without providing first a disclaimer.

Reactions: adize and 0kambiz0

Virus2o50

Jul 15, 2014
Salalah
Once again.... no, you cannot install custom ROMs on locked bootloaders. If your bootloader is locked, your phone will not boot up with a custom kernel due to unmatching signatures. @amr1406: This applies to any custom ROM; if it's not Stock Based, it will not work. You will be able to flash it, and then get a black screen on boot.

@Virus2o50: It's irresponsible to give instructions that are known will cause problems to users, whether out of malice or because you don't know what you're talking about; especially without providing first a disclaimer.
Oh Damn Sorry, I thought we were talking about another Rom , :( Sowwie . Ill take care next text

leo9806

Nov 28, 2012
Currently , I'm Working on One . but in the mean time just head up to the official CM Site and Get yourself Cm 10.1.2 Stable (If you hate Nightlies ofcourse) LINK

I am currently using omnirom (nightly). If have any experiance with omni and cyanogen nightlies can you tell me if they have about the same stability?
Thanks.

Virus2o50

Jul 15, 2014
Salalah
I am currently using omnirom (nightly). If have any experiance with omni and cyanogen nightlies can you tell me if they have about the same stability?
Thanks.

Nightly Build Dont mean it aint Stable , Some are stable some can be Hopeless . No, I Myself dont go through the risk of Nightlies But You can try :D I Myself Am Running Carbon Rom :) (Yeah its the Best) :D

hbrajhbh1

Mar 20, 2014
:) Well, I Have Installed This On My Xperia TX and Its Working Great :) So i Just thought i'd share it with you guys :)

Bugs In Rom

Step 1. Connect Your Xperia TX to your PC and Copy Both the Files into your SD CARD

xcufdj.jpg

Step 4.Now go Back and Choose Install Zip From SD Card, and Flash The rom First Then Gapps

IF anything wrong occurs , Feel Free to Leave a post and I'll Do my best to help
If You still somehow manage to screw things over -.- here is a Link to stock rom for Xperia TX running android 4.3
sir
please give additional link for download ROM file as ploded.net not giving any link and failed several times in several browsersthanks.

hbrajhbh1

Mar 20, 2014
download link other than uploaded.net

Bugs In Rom

xcufdj.jpg

sir
i once again request you to give another or alternative download link for your cm 11 rom file as uploaded.net is not opening its web page itself awaiting link sir

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
sir
i once again request you to give another or alternative download link for your cm 11 rom file as uploaded.net is not opening its web page itself awaiting link sir

Stop quoting the entire OP!! It's also rude to request something twice when you don't get an immediate answer. Also, a link was already posted above where ALL the builds can be found, which, if you had opened, would have found that there is also a mirror; instead of waiting for someone to tell you, just get it yourself from the link above. :rolleyes:

hbrajhbh1

Mar 20, 2014
download link

Stop quoting the entire OP!! It's also rude to request something twice when you don't get an immediate answer. Also, a link was already posted above where ALL the builds can be found, which, if you had opened, would have found that there is also a mirror; instead of waiting for someone to tell you, just get it yourself from the link above. :rolleyes:

sir
i am very sorry for disturbing you unknowingly.
i only asked you to give link for your present cm 11 for TX refereed above. f.not for cm 10.1.2 in your second link.
i have already opened that link and saw for TX to cm11 but no file was there of cm11.
any how leave it out sorry

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
sir
i am very sorry for disturbing you unknowingly.
i only asked you to give link for your present cm 11 for TX refereed above. f.not for cm 10.1.2 in your second link.
i have already opened that link and saw for TX to cm11 but no file was there of cm11.
any how leave it out sorry

All I'm saying is that it's unnecessary to quote the entire op, which is quite long. Also, you're looking at the wrong link. Another link was posted where you can find all the FXP ROMs. Just select the phone you have from their list of supported phones and download the version you want, whether it's CM10.1 or CM11.

hbrajhbh1

Mar 20, 2014
download link for your sharing cm 11

All I'm saying is that it's unnecessary to quote the entire op, which is quite long. Also, you're looking at the wrong link. Another link was posted where you can find all the FXP ROMs. Just select the phone you have from their list of supported phones and download the version you want, whether it's CM10.1 or CM11.

sirthanks
happy to note your clarification?but i opened all links given in the thread none have opened for download?
finally i request you why not share the download link from which you installed in tx directly here? thanks

Shobr

Jan 20, 2013
Screen shot please

and pleas can you upload the files to another web site like google drive etc

it is impossible to download from uploade.com

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bugs In Rom

xcufdj.jpg

Its For Both Locked and Unlocked Bootloaders :)

Bugs In Rom

I hate to be the bad news but all those old FXP builds have a high battery drain while on WiFi due to certain wakelocks (mmc1_detect and suspend_backoff), and AFAIK, they have not been fixed.

On the other hand, if you really want a custom ROM, if I were you I'd go for Omnirom or Carbon. Sure they are ROMs based on other developers' work, but I'd stick with ROMs built by developers actually active here on XDA instead of using "official" ROMs, which generally don't get device specific fixes. While ROMs here get bug fixes, "official" builds remain having the same bugs.

I haven't tried the latest FXP builds, but considering the fact that AFAIK, none of those developers actually own a TX, it's hard for them to fix bugs. Besides, why use CM when you can use Omni or Carbon which are packed with WAY more features. ;)

Regarding the fixes, as an example:

Prima module in Sony stock kernel source doesn't even compile...even if we fix the errors, the module won't load. tital6991 used Prima WLAN driver revision 3.2.7.47 in his source, and I replaced my drivers/staging/prima folder with his. Now WiFi works and the battery drain seems nothing wrong. Here's the screenshot:
    27x1lyg.png

@tilal6991 and @updateing have fixed this bug faster than the "official" developers. ;)
    :)

Its For ONLY UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS , Sorry For Inconvenience
    sirthanks
    happy to note your clarification?but i opened all links given in the thread none have opened for download?
    finally i request you why not share the download link from which you installed in tx directly here? thanks

Screen shot please

and pleas can you upload the files to another web site like google drive etc

it is impossible to download from uploade.com

There are plenty of screenshots for Cyanogenmod ROMs, they all look the same, google it. Also, one of the links above is to the FXP's website where all the links to ALL THE ROMS can be found (along with mirrors), you just need to browse the site.

Why using FXP303 instead of the latest version which is FXP323? Please explain, thanks.

Maybe that's the ROM that worked best for him, but I know for a fact those old builds, specifically that build on the TX has problems, as do most old custom ROM builds, ranging from Liquid to CM11; basically anything that is based on FXP and uses their kernel. I'd imagine the newer builds have been fixed, but don't take my word for it.