[ROM][V][LB,UB][JB 4.3] Xperia Poison *UPD 06/01/2016*

Would you stay on JB 4.3, if it has all the options and capabilities you need?

• Cyber-Shot has been ported to LP. I'll stay on it

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • I prefer KitKat

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • I like to have Bravia and X-Reality. JB 4ever

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • I use 4.1 and idk of new software

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I <3 MIUI

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • SlimROM/Mokee/AOSP/AOSB/Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
Hello everybody.
Some of us come from 4pda.ru. This is russian forum where we have talks on phones, fws, ROMs etc.
As a happy SXV user, I have tried most of the existing ROMs for my phone. And happily ended my searchings on this one, which my friend @lubik1 and I have done. Why?
But look! We took best of Jelly Bean. We fixed almost all the problems 4.3 had! Now 4.3 is FAST enough and nice at multitasking. Now 4.3 is HARD to make music app get thrown out of memory when you multitask. Now 4.3 is not just up-to-date... it provides you all you need! And... Now your launcher doesn't get SO MANY redraws. :D

So, we introduce you the...
Xperia V Poison!
The Absolutely best you can get
from 4.3 Jelly Bean!

Main features:

1. First of all, it is Fast!!!
  2. Deodexed
  3. Latest Sony Applications (email, conversations, etc)
  4. Phil'z Touch CWM recovery mod
  5. Full Z3 Sony Style
  6. Music tweaks & sound by Lovins/Ibanez7 (sound quality is really HIGH!)
  7. Full Cyber-Shot Lollipop UI (thanx Toxizen and everyone else)
  8. build.prop and init.d tweaks to improve multitasking (we did it ourselves)
  9. Bluetooth REALLY works normally (in Lovins it doesn't)
  10. REALLY working XLOUD, X-reality, X-brightness ON LOCKED/RELOCKED BOOTLOADERS (even 'relocked' with lost TA section!).
  11. Battery life - GOOD! it's stock... (still better than lollipop though i must admit that latest Neo 12.1 does a great job!!!)
  12. Changing Music Tracks by volume rocker (if you don't want it, just flash THIS: View attachment std-framework.zip)
  13. lollipop-like-UI
  14. that square spot in the right upper corner, which simulates the power button
  15. GAPPS included (sorry guys, if you don't want it, please consider removing it yourself)
  16. Performance Control (gain developer settings to access it)
  17. and other stuff

This link leads to original page of this ROM on 4pda.ru. And much more we just haven't mentioned!

Disclaimer:

By downloading and installing this ROM, you agree that I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your device while installing or using this ROM. Always remember that it's YOU who chose to do these modifications to your device!

Download:
Xperia Poison 3.0 STANDARD
Xperia Poison build 2.6 FULL (4pda.ru version)
Xperia Poison build 2.6 LIGHT
All of Poison is deodexed! You can odex your ROM yourself in Titanium Backup, for example.
Visit our forum for more info

Sooo...
Instructions!
I suppose that everyone of you have been flashing ZIPs so i won't be long:
  1. Just download one of these ZIPs above
  2. Wipe everything if you're not gonna do a "dirty" flash from another 4.3
  3. Root: towelroot; SuperSu.apk; reboot
  4. We suggest you flashing it in older versions of Philz Touch Recovery CWM mod or you'll have to reflash it again (here is the most suitable recovery installer View attachment XT-lockeddualrecovery2.7.94-BETA.installer.zip)
  5. reboot
  6. flash the ROM
  7. ??????
    [*]PROFIT!!!!

If you experience NO SIGNAL after first boot in this ROM, then just do all the wipes and reflash ROM again.
Other case, if you don't have Internet connection, either download settings or check APN yourself.

Screenshots

Screenshot_2015-07-24-02-32-57.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-18.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-24.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-34.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-44.pngScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-51.pngScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-07.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-15.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-34.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-43.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-49.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-35-23.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-41-24.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-38-32.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-37-02.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-43-11.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-59-08.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-03-01-34.jpg

Changelog

XPERIA Z3 HOME with rotation
Xperia smart social camera system for better photos
Timeshift Burst, Infoeye etc.
Xperia customized framework
Xperia media apps
Transparent widget
Vibration feedback
And more ...

=============== V2.02 ==================

- Fixed a all known bugs the original build;
- Updated some .apk;
- New Z3 HOME;
- Cut some applications;
- Added Performance Control in "feature for developers";
- Added Simple Home;
- Etc ...

=============== V2.1 stable ==============

- Fixed Chrome ANRs;
- Updated some .apk to the latest versions.

=============== V2.1.1 =================

- Added a Cyber-Shot UI instead of Camera;
- Added another browser ios-like;
- Added live wallpaper beats audio;
- Added standard recovery utility;
- Updated some .apk;
- Added mini app - touch block, to lock the screen (for example, to shoot underwater xD);
- Xperia Home with a transparent search.

- X-reality (need test); upd. Works (Proof). For full functionality of the chips (be2, x-reality, vivid) need to lock the bootloader or restore the TA section (if there is a pre-made backup). For assistance in health say thank saved.

=============== V2.1.2 Stable ==============

- Fixed minor bugs;
- New Xperia Home - now with large icons like in the Xperia Z3c;
- New System UI with adjustable brightness curtain;
- Added widget top contacts;
- Updated some .apk;
- And much more ... maybe i forgot something ...

=============== V2.2 test build ==============

- New Radio - works without a headset;
- New audio engine from Z3 (increased volume and sound quality, including during the call);
- New "Customization Guide";
- New patched services.jar (should have a positive impact on multitasking and smooth interface);
- Some changes in build.prop;
- Updated some .apk;
- Added a "black list";
- New Topics;
- New Xperia keyboard with emoji-smiles;
- And something else ...

=============== V2.3 ============

- Fixed a minor bugs;
- Fully Working cyber-shot lollipop ui (the patch is no longer needed);
- Changed some .apk to a more stable version;
- Reduce the volume of the speaker (no more wheezing);
- Updated some of the widgets;
- Fully optimized RAM;
- Etc ...

=============== V2.4 ====================

- fixed sony photo editor - now it's the user application;
- Perhaps fixed AR effect (need test);
- Set some pieces of menu. Thanks * smokok ,;
- Advanced Startup menu (now the system). Thanks * smokok ,;
- Tweak build.prop for cycling ringtones. Thanks * smokok ,;
- Service menu "feature for developers." Thanks * smokok,
- Added "Room Manager" in the Preferences. Thanks * smokok,
- Removed the "Black List"
- Changing tracks by volume keys! Thanks for the tip * smokok ,, Thanks for manuals * DodgeWooW, and * FreeFlax ,;
- Lollipop Themed SystemUI;
- LowMemoryKiller - fixed;
- Removed unnecessary / non-option in the "Settings";
- That's all!

=============== V2.4.1 ===============

- Tweaks build.prop;
- Tweaks init.d.
- Updated to the latest versions of the applications;
- tweaks to increase the widgets on the lock screen. Thanks * ivan-68
- Home.apk now with Auto-rotate.

V2.5
UPDATED EVERYTHING.
FIXED GAPPS ISSUE.
RAISED VOLUME.
MUCH MORE STUFF INSIDE.
TRY.

We have used lots of stuff from different ROMs. Too much to mention! Many stuff has come from Lovins, some went from Toxizen, little from whatsoever. We can't even remember now what comes from where! That's why we thank ALL of those who took part in developing ROMs based on the final stock 9.2.5.​
Credits
I hope to keep this list updated..

Last edited:

Aria.A97

Nov 23, 2013
I'm here to say something about that poll.

One of main reasons that I don't use JB is that I can't have system wide color emoji.

For me, KK was best version of Android in almost all aspects.

And for KK, I would go for MIUI + Neo Kernel.

But we don't have active MIUI support.
And also WhiteNeo is not going to release his CM 12 kernel for KK, So I'll stay on Resurrection Remix :)

Reactions: saved-j

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
Little updates: added screenshots, added some info. Come on and try :)

In our (russian users of this phone) opinion, this is the most rich experience of 4.3 you can ever get on SXV!

Reactions: bob32

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
go get one on ebay! i got mine for less than $130. can't think of something better... perhaps, if waterproofness isn't an requirement, xiaomi mi2s would give sxv a challenge... but mi2s's camera is worse than sxv, though both have sony exmors. and xiaomi mi2s got 2gb of ram, which is better than 1gb...

i'm not even mentioning nice and sleek miui... you should look@xiaomi! or, lemme repeat - go get yaself an xperia v on ebay!

klincharov

Nov 29, 2013
Wien/Sofia
Installing on my wife's phone, hope this brings it back to life :)

Pretty nice, but the 3g doesn't work ?
edit:
If you experience NO SIGNAL after first boot in this ROM, then just do all the wipes and reflash ROM again.

In Philz Recovery, there is wipe for a new rom and wipe for factory reset, which one should I do ?

Last edited:

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
Pretty nice, but the 3g doesn't work ?
In Philz Recovery, there is wipe for a new rom and wipe for factory reset, which one should I do ?

1G, 2G, 3G, 4G - everything works! If there was 5G or anything better, it would also work!:D
It only touches those who don't have any signal after first boot! You need just to reflash the Poison from its recovery.

Do wipe "for a new rom" and flash the zip again.

Last edited:
Reactions: bob32

klincharov

Nov 29, 2013
Wien/Sofia
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G - everything works! If there was 5G or anything better, it would also work!:D
Do wipe "for a new rom."

Thanks for the quick reply. I originally did the "new rom" wipe, but 3g doesn't connect. Should I try again with it, or the other wipe ? Or the two combined :D ?

And a question: do you happen to have the SystemUI without the power off button ?

Other than that, the rom is A W E S O M E ! Really brought the device back to life :)

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
Thanks for the quick reply. I originally did the "new rom" wipe, but 3g doesn't connect. Should I try again with it, or the other wipe ? Or the two combined :D ?

And a question: do you happen to have the SystemUI without the power off button ?

Hello again. I see you already downloaded settings for internet. So here you go with your 2/3/4G.

What about systemUI without poweroff button... You may try whatever 4.3 systemUI you want, you may even try stock one. But don't forget to put it together with .odex file if there is one. I can't tell if I have "clean" systemUI.apk without that power button spot :(

other than that, thank you for liking the ROM :)

Eldegal

Jun 10, 2014
The navigation bar quite small :( . How can i resize back to normal ?
P/S : Compare the Lovin's Rom , your seems to run smoother . Can u add the transparent notification bar :)

Last edited:

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
The navigation bar quite small :( . How can i resize back to normal ?
P/S : Compare the Lovin's Rom , your seems to run smoother . Can u add the transparent notification bar :)

And we have working bluetooth and no lags in playing music :) and music driver does output of better quality, also. Whole list of benefits. I only reboot my phone once a week! I heavily use it and anyway spend over 120 hrs of uptime before the phone starts to really slow down.

I recommend you installing Xperia Xposed (by serajr) and tweak navigation bar and all of the UI the way you wish.

klincharov

Nov 29, 2013
Wien/Sofia
Hello again. I see you already downloaded settings for internet. So here you go with your 2/3/4G.

What about systemUI without poweroff button... You may try whatever 4.3 systemUI you want, you may even try stock one. But don't forget to put it together with .odex file if there is one. I can't tell if I have "clean" systemUI.apk without that power button spot :(

other than that, thank you for liking the ROM :)

Hi again! It turns out my wife got used to the power button :D
Just wanted to consult with you, there seems to some small freezes with her phone. She can't describe it to me really, but It seems it's always with combination of facebook messenger + keyboard, like the keyboard refuses to open or lags with the animation and/or lags while typing after that.

Any setting I should check ? I don't think I've changed anything in the performance menu, but there might be something.

Other than that the ROM is simply amazing! I couldn't believe the battery life after the first setup - I thought the battery percentage was stuck!

Cultureforu

Nov 22, 2014
Lviv
Hi again! It turns out my wife got used to the power button :D
Just wanted to consult with you, there seems to some small freezes with her phone. She can't describe it to me really, but It seems it's always with combination of facebook messenger + keyboard, like the keyboard refuses to open or lags with the animation and/or lags while typing after that.

Any setting I should check ? I don't think I've changed anything in the performance menu, but there might be something.

Other than that the ROM is simply amazing! I couldn't believe the battery life after the first setup - I thought the battery percentage was stuck!

Well, to be honest, I think it`s something with facebook app. I`ve had lags with it on my V and,what was a surprise, on my gf`s mi3,which runs SD800.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody.
    Some of us come from 4pda.ru. This is russian forum where we have talks on phones, fws, ROMs etc.
    As a happy SXV user, I have tried most of the existing ROMs for my phone. And happily ended my searchings on this one, which my friend @lubik1 and I have done. Why?
    But look! We took best of Jelly Bean. We fixed almost all the problems 4.3 had! Now 4.3 is FAST enough and nice at multitasking. Now 4.3 is HARD to make music app get thrown out of memory when you multitask. Now 4.3 is not just up-to-date... it provides you all you need! And... Now your launcher doesn't get SO MANY redraws. :D

So, we introduce you the...
    Xperia V Poison!
    The Absolutely best you can get
    from 4.3 Jelly Bean!

Main features:

1. First of all, it is Fast!!!
    2. Deodexed
    3. Latest Sony Applications (email, conversations, etc)
    4. Phil'z Touch CWM recovery mod
    5. Full Z3 Sony Style
    6. Music tweaks & sound by Lovins/Ibanez7 (sound quality is really HIGH!)
    7. Full Cyber-Shot Lollipop UI (thanx Toxizen and everyone else)
    8. build.prop and init.d tweaks to improve multitasking (we did it ourselves)
    9. Bluetooth REALLY works normally (in Lovins it doesn't)
    10. REALLY working XLOUD, X-reality, X-brightness ON LOCKED/RELOCKED BOOTLOADERS (even 'relocked' with lost TA section!).
    11. Battery life - GOOD! it's stock... (still better than lollipop though i must admit that latest Neo 12.1 does a great job!!!)
    12. Changing Music Tracks by volume rocker (if you don't want it, just flash THIS: View attachment std-framework.zip)
    13. lollipop-like-UI
    14. that square spot in the right upper corner, which simulates the power button
    15. GAPPS included (sorry guys, if you don't want it, please consider removing it yourself)
    16. Performance Control (gain developer settings to access it)
    17. and other stuff

This link leads to original page of this ROM on 4pda.ru. And much more we just haven't mentioned!

Disclaimer:

By downloading and installing this ROM, you agree that I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your device while installing or using this ROM. Always remember that it's YOU who chose to do these modifications to your device!

Download:
    Xperia Poison 3.0 STANDARD
    Xperia Poison build 2.6 FULL (4pda.ru version)
    Xperia Poison build 2.6 LIGHT
    All of Poison is deodexed! You can odex your ROM yourself in Titanium Backup, for example.
    Visit our forum for more info

Sooo...
    Instructions!
    I suppose that everyone of you have been flashing ZIPs so i won't be long:
    1. Just download one of these ZIPs above
    2. Wipe everything if you're not gonna do a "dirty" flash from another 4.3
    3. Root: towelroot; SuperSu.apk; reboot
    4. We suggest you flashing it in older versions of Philz Touch Recovery CWM mod or you'll have to reflash it again (here is the most suitable recovery installer View attachment XT-lockeddualrecovery2.7.94-BETA.installer.zip)
    5. reboot
    6. flash the ROM
    7. ??????
      [*]PROFIT!!!!

Other case, if you don't have Internet connection, either download settings or check APN yourself.

Screenshots

Screenshot_2015-07-24-02-32-57.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-18.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-24.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-34.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-44.pngScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-33-51.pngScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-07.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-15.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-34.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-43.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-34-49.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-35-23.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-41-24.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-38-32.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-37-02.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-43-11.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-02-59-08.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-24-03-01-34.jpg

Changelog

XPERIA Z3 HOME with rotation
    Xperia smart social camera system for better photos
    Timeshift Burst, Infoeye etc.
    Xperia customized framework
    Xperia media apps
    Transparent widget
    Vibration feedback
    And more ...

=============== V2.02 ==================

- Fixed a all known bugs the original build;
    - Updated some .apk;
    - New Z3 HOME;
    - Cut some applications;
    - Added Performance Control in "feature for developers";
    - Added Simple Home;
    - Etc ...

=============== V2.1 stable ==============

- Fixed Chrome ANRs;
    - Updated some .apk to the latest versions.

=============== V2.1.1 =================

- Added a Cyber-Shot UI instead of Camera;
    - Added another browser ios-like;
    - Added live wallpaper beats audio;
    - Added standard recovery utility;
    - Updated some .apk;
    - Added mini app - touch block, to lock the screen (for example, to shoot underwater xD);
    - Xperia Home with a transparent search.

- X-reality (need test); upd. Works (Proof). For full functionality of the chips (be2, x-reality, vivid) need to lock the bootloader or restore the TA section (if there is a pre-made backup). For assistance in health say thank saved.

=============== V2.1.2 Stable ==============

- Fixed minor bugs;
    - New Xperia Home - now with large icons like in the Xperia Z3c;
    - New System UI with adjustable brightness curtain;
    - Added widget top contacts;
    - Updated some .apk;
    - And much more ... maybe i forgot something ...

=============== V2.2 test build ==============

- New Radio - works without a headset;
    - New audio engine from Z3 (increased volume and sound quality, including during the call);
    - New "Customization Guide";
    - New patched services.jar (should have a positive impact on multitasking and smooth interface);
    - Some changes in build.prop;
    - Updated some .apk;
    - Added a "black list";
    - New Topics;
    - New Xperia keyboard with emoji-smiles;
    - And something else ...

=============== V2.3 ============

- Fixed a minor bugs;
    - Fully Working cyber-shot lollipop ui (the patch is no longer needed);
    - Changed some .apk to a more stable version;
    - Reduce the volume of the speaker (no more wheezing);
    - Updated some of the widgets;
    - Fully optimized RAM;
    - Etc ...

=============== V2.4 ====================

- fixed sony photo editor - now it's the user application;
    - Perhaps fixed AR effect (need test);
    - Set some pieces of menu. Thanks * smokok ,;
    - Advanced Startup menu (now the system). Thanks * smokok ,;
    - Tweak build.prop for cycling ringtones. Thanks * smokok ,;
    - Service menu "feature for developers." Thanks * smokok,
    - Added "Room Manager" in the Preferences. Thanks * smokok,
    - Removed the "Black List"
    - Changing tracks by volume keys! Thanks for the tip * smokok ,, Thanks for manuals * DodgeWooW, and * FreeFlax ,;
    - Lollipop Themed SystemUI;
    - LowMemoryKiller - fixed;
    - Removed unnecessary / non-option in the "Settings";
    - That's all!

=============== V2.4.1 ===============

- Tweaks build.prop;
    - Tweaks init.d.
    - Updated to the latest versions of the applications;
    - tweaks to increase the widgets on the lock screen. Thanks * ivan-68
    - Home.apk now with Auto-rotate.

V2.5
    UPDATED EVERYTHING.
    FIXED GAPPS ISSUE.
    RAISED VOLUME.
    MUCH MORE STUFF INSIDE.
    TRY.

We have used lots of stuff from different ROMs. Too much to mention! Many stuff has come from Lovins, some went from Toxizen, little from whatsoever. We can't even remember now what comes from where! That's why we thank ALL of those who took part in developing ROMs based on the final stock 9.2.5.​
    Credits
    I hope to keep this list updated..
    I run Poison since 4 days. My first impression: It's not poisonous at all! Compared, Lovins transitions and animations look a bit more slick, but it can be quite laggy, Poison seldom is.

Poison might not be the first choice for those loving slick animations a la Lollypoop. But it's little laggy only, much lesser so than CM 12 (the official version).

Fuel consumption is on of the best I ever had seen with JB 4.3, only Doenen's Simple ROM can compete. As an example, Lovins 7 h over-night (Airplane mode) is 3 - 4 %, Poison is less than 1 % for me. Therefore it is absolutely on par with JB until 4.2. CM 12 had about 1 % ... per h!!

I face only two minor glitch so far
    - setup guide poping up every time I reboot
    - Cyanogenmod File Manager does not recognize Poison is rooted, may be related to CGM File Manager.

It seems Poison might be a bit overlooked by users here, since LP Roms are available. I recommend to everyone trying it out. JB belongs natively to the Xperia V and runs best with it, in my personal opinion.

I should add I am using my XV not as main device, only for travelling and navigation. It's a great device in terms of form factor and handling. I would not mind the same updated with a slightly bigger screen and newer hardware.
    Ok, but what about the performance of the phone? Doesn't affect the ram memory, CPU, battery...? this is my biggest fear. I have stopped using facebook app for example (when I was running CM12), it got a lot of resources.

If I will decide to use it, should I upgrade the framework as the app asks for, and then just activate the modules?
    To be honest for me the stock(pure stock) rom is faster than poison or any custom jb(4.3) rom that I have tried. Facebook in CM12 was a heavy app but on JB(stock) it works pretty fast and without any problem. On Poison rom facebook app is like i am on CM12, very slow in moments and freezing. I guess its from the framework mods of the rom or something else. idk
    About xposed - i dont thing xposed itself affects the speed and battery of phone. Maybe some module which is unoptimized or something might but if you see a thing like that you can easily disable the module. :)
    Hello. I am using Poison v3.0 and its running good so far. :) I just want to remove the invisible power button from the status bar(clock to be precise) but i have no luck in decompiling the apk. I am talking about this - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2685606 If anyone can help? :) I want this systemui because it has the sony lollipop navigation and status bar icons. :)

SystemUI without invisible button
    Stock rom+ cwm recovery installed and you will flash it. I think it will not work with TWRP recovery :)