FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FTF] Xperia Tablet Z 4.3/4.1.2 (US Lte) SGP351

1,023 posts
Thanks Meter: 352

By `SBR`, Senior Member on 26th December 2013, 06:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys,
I'm new to Sony Devices and bough the US Lte version recently and started exploring it.. These are my finding related to SGP351, if anything mistakenly added, please let me know i will correct it..

Here is the Android 4.3 Update for SGP351 (US Lte Variant)...

Mega Link

https://mega.co.nz/#!pJtlyJYI!CFDm_A...msmZFJoJrne_7I

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r2rfesqvc...9_US%20LTE.ftf

*Root available for 4.3 XTZ now..

Here is the Android 4.1.2 for SGP351

Mega Link
https://mega.co.nz/#!UU1gxDqC!Izr9Uy...iX6ljlXoFmSQQ8

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mt0oitanal...20US%20LTE.zip

*Root Possible

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

If you have flashed 4.3 and want to go back follow this
How to Flash

Use the Latest Flashtool (http://www.flashtool.net/index.php)
download and copy of the FTF file under Firware folder in Flashtool installed directory.
Click the Flash Icon in Flashtool, Select the Flash Mode and select the Firmware to flash it.

How to Root?
Currently Works only in SGP351, 4.1.2 version

1. Flash the 4.1.2 Version.
1a. Make sure USB Debugging and Unknown sources installation checked under Settings in XTZ
2. Install the Vroot from the site (DoomLord exploit will not work in SGP351 version)
3. It will identify your device, click the green icon on the bottom-left.
4. it will ask you for ADB authorizes in Tablet, select always tick mark and click ok.
5. Install the Root and reboot.. (additional Chinese market app will also be installed, you can uninstall later.)
6. Now you need to Install Reboot Fix from @[NUT] files(as the System R/W will not work properly) and follow the instructions
7. if no errors, your tablet is ready and rooted
8. if you want install the Super Su from market, get root access. and remove the Chinese Super User.

if you want to move to Custom Roms, from 4.3 or 4.1.2 version backup the TA partion
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Backup the TA[/COLOR]
Once rooted (follow the above steps), backup your TA partition which will have all the information related to Sony's Bravia Engine,,

Use the below TA Backup by @DevShaft

Now Unlock your Bootloader to Install the Custome CM/AOKP Roms if needed. and want to come back to Stock.. restore the TA backup to use your Bravia/Sony Sound Mods

Credits:
[NUT]
DooMLorD
DevShaft
All the Dev/Contributors & User of XDA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to `SBR` For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift `SBR` Ad-Free

27th December 2013, 12:39 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Thanks man. This worked a treat for me. Now, just need the kernel modified with a recovery, then I'll be golden.
27th December 2013, 01:01 AM |#4  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by `SBR`

Currently 4.3 Rooting is limited,

if your Bootloader is locked, you can follow the steps given by @[NUT] with our FTF files.. But you need to have your files ready (like the FTF, and Zip File)

i tried 2 times, it's failing in Flashing the 4.3 Zip (i gave created the Zip for XTZ), somewhere i have missed the files. Requested the help from [NUT], if we have an update from him we can have the Root also for 4.3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2572988

Thanks for doing this! I was trying to get a 4.1.2 FTF before updating to 4.3 but, instead of repairing the 4.1.2 build, it updated to 4.3; now I will be able to downgrade and get root back!

Thanks

Audio
27th December 2013, 08:40 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Hey mate, thanks a lot for the ftf files for sgp351 have been looking this files for a while, great to have this if you make a mistake instaling a rom
28th December 2013, 02:39 PM |#6  
Flag Fredericksburg Va
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Unlocked bootloader here so no worries with that -
But even the vroot method does not work with the 4.3 update ?

And when you said you had problems flashing with the 4.3 files should we just hold off on trying to flash the zip you posted ?

Thanks
28th December 2013, 03:56 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkmack

Unlocked bootloader here so no worries with that -
But even the vroot method does not work with the 4.3 update ?

And when you said you had problems flashing with the 4.3 files should we just hold off on trying to flash the zip you posted ?

Thanks

the files posted at first post are FTF files (not a flashable cwm files) of 4.1.2 and 4.3, that are working fine for me..

in order to get root in 4.3, i have tried the method posted by @[NUT] at Xperia Z forum. by using the CWM flashable method, that is not working...

currently, there is no direct method for rooting. all the methods will fail
we have to go back to 4.1.2, root it and then go with OTA (it's not available at the method), other approach is flash the files with root, currently i'm trying this approach with guidance from @[NUT]

EDIT: successfully rooted 4.3 will provide the details soon
28th December 2013, 06:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 474

More
No need to revert back to 4.1.2 cause 4.2.2 .67 can be easily rooted with vroot and then update to 4.3.
28th December 2013, 07:04 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootk1t

No need to revert back to 4.1.2 cause 4.2.2 .67 can be easily rooted with vroot and then update to 4.3.

SGP351 doesn't have 4.2.2 upgrade we have only 4.1.2 and 4.3
29th December 2013, 07:13 AM |#10  

More
Excuse me, can you reupload link for 4.1.2 or 4.3? Thank you very much...
29th December 2013, 04:16 PM |#11  
Flag Atlanta

More
Can you please upload again both FW? Apparently the links are not working.

Thanks,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sgp351, xtz lte

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)