Hi to all of you, Pollux/Pollux_Windy owners.
Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since our device is not officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon
This is for all Tab Z variant, please take appropriate rom for your device
Tab Z LTE----> Pollux
Tab Z WiFi----> Pollux_Windy
The original thread is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2137013
Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities/...4-e200b9f78ee5
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.
Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.
As of today:
This is all very much a work in progress. All features will have to be verifed
Halo project have been abandonned by Carbon Team because its no more supported by PA Team due to bugs caused by this feature with others including Pie, Omni Switch/hover feature are here to replace it
Didn't have much time to test it...so
U tell me...
And please, report with logcat or no bugs!...
* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!
* If your Tablet breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!
* Do not ask for ETAs!!
1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup
2. Download the ROM.
3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.
4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD
5. Reboot to recovery.
6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache
7. Flash the ROM.
Optional- Flash GApps.
8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!
1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.
5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.
Here my AFH download folder for TabZ *all variants*
From now builds will be available for download from server here and or OTA
Pollux and Pollux_Windy builds here, take build according to your device
PA Gapps 4.4.2 thread
Banks Gapps 4.4.4 thread
OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG
Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...
other changes will be told when i post for a new update available Build 3: Fibers been fixed by krabappel2548 Carbon sources updated repos updated Build 1&2: not has been released due to Carbon fibers issues (fcs) and Carbon rom without fibers its like...woman without b**bs.. lolz =)
Here my github
(in no particular order)
As i already mentionned, indeed Team Carbon
you maybe can show some support to this team by donate'em
Special thanks to these guys who teached me everything =)
And also many many THANKS to @krabappel2548 ...he fixed overlay issue on carbon fibers
Obviously CyanogenMod team,Sony and Google for: sources, repos ...