FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root Lollipop for Xperia tablet Z & add SuperSU without downgrading to Kitkat + ftf

663 posts
Thanks Meter: 890
 
By najoor, Senior Member on 22nd May 2015, 12:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I DO THIS AS A HOBBY AND SHARE MY FINDINGS IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE FINDS THEM USEFUL. **
** THIS WORKED ON MY DEVICE BUT IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **


You don't need to have root to apply this procedure. Your bootloader doesn't have to be unlocked.

This has been tested with SGP311, 10.6.A.0.454, Lollipop 5.0.2, Customized TW version, but it should work fine on any other customization of 10.6.A.0.454.

This procedure installs superSU root binaries and busybox on your system.

Requirements

1- Upgrade to Lollipop 5.0.2. Either flash an ftf using flashtool or if you are in a region where the update is available take the OTA. You can get the unmodified Customized TW version from here.

2- Make sure your PC can communicate with your tablet via adb.

The success of this method depends on following the procedure very carefully. So read the instructions and make sure you understand every step before you try it.

Procedure

1- Install and run Kingroot 4.0. You can google and download it or you can use the one in the attached zip file. When Kingroot runs it is all in Chinese, but basically you need to be connected to the internet for it to work. It will do its thing and show progress up to 100% after which you can exit the program. Now your phone is rooted. The following steps replaces the Kinguser with SuperSU.

2- Unzip the attached file in your adb directory and then open an adb terminal and make sure the PC can see your phone (you can check that by typing adb devices). Then type the following:

Code:
adb push su /data/local/tmp
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp
adb shell
3- In the shell that you get type the following and make sure you give the access permission when the tablet prompts you:

Code:
su
4- Continue by typing the following commands:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
cat /data/local/tmp/su >/system/xbin/daemonsu && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/daemonsu
cat /data/local/tmp/busybox >/system/xbin/busybox && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/busybox
daemonsu -d &
The key is to keep this session running while you continue with the rest, so be careful with typos and monitor this window for any errors.

5- At this point, leave the adb terminal window running and go to your tablet, open the Kinguser app, open settings (the wheel at the top right corner of the screen), Root authorization setting, and Remove Root permission. The app may self-uninstall.

6- In any case, after this is done, uninstall the two or three remaining Kingroot apps that are still on your tablet (Kinguser, KingRoot, and the other one with the blue icon and Chinese text under it).

7- Back to the adb terminal, and type the following:

Code:
cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/su 

busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/ku.sud 
busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/supolicy 
busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/pidof
rm /system/xbin/ku.sud 
rm /system/xbin/supolicy
rm /system/xbin/pidof

rm /system/bin/debuggerd
mv /system/bin/debuggerd_real  /system/bin/debuggerd
rm /system/bin/debuggerd64

busybox chattr -ia /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
busybox chattr -ia /system/bin/rt.sh
rm /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
rm /system/bin/rt.sh

busybox chattr -ia /system/bin/.usr/.ku
rm -rf /system/bin/.usr

rm /system/usr/icu/icusuflag.conf 
busybox chattr -ia /system/usr/iku/isu 
rm -rf /system/usr/iku

rm /system/kroot_* 
rm /sdcard/kr-stock-conf 
rm -rf /sdcard/Kingroot

rm -rf /data/data-lib/com.kingroot.RushRoot
rm -rf /data/data-lib/com.kingroot.kinguser
rm -rf /data/data-lib/king
Again, leave the adb terminal window running and go to your tablet.

8- Install superSU (from the attached file) on your phone, run it, and let it update the SU binary.

9- Reboot the tablet. After about 5 minutes your root is ready.

Troubleshooting

If you get this error: "can't stat /system/bin/debuggerd no such file or directory" the solution is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=31

Download link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1431343293
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to najoor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift najoor Ad-Free
 
 
22nd May 2015, 04:05 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by najoor

When Kingroot runs it is all in Chinese, but basically you need to be connected to the internet for it to work.

KingRoot is China's most popular one-click Android root tool, now translated in English and ready to serve you.


XDA Forum: KINGROOT: The One-Click Root Tool for Almost All Devices
22nd May 2015, 04:30 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Thumbs up
Upgraded last night & was waiting for someone to post a guide. Thanks for the hard work! So happy to uninstall all of the built-in sony bloatware!
22nd May 2015, 05:22 PM |#4  
botsaris's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
If I remember correctly after rooting the device all you have to do is install supersu and open it. It will prompt you to remove the Chinese root app and everything will be done automatically. Please correct me if this is not the case.
22nd May 2015, 08:06 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thanks so much! Very easy to follow
23rd May 2015, 02:49 AM |#6  
donedos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bacolod
Thanks Meter: 87
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by botsaris

If I remember correctly after rooting the device all you have to do is install supersu and open it. It will prompt you to remove the Chinese root app and everything will be done automatically. Please correct me if this is not the case.

Yes, I guess this method will work. I'd used kingroot before and SuperSU get rid of it. I haven't tried it in lollipop but i guess it will work.
23rd May 2015, 03:06 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 890
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by botsaris

If I remember correctly after rooting the device all you have to do is install supersu and open it. It will prompt you to remove the Chinese root app and everything will be done automatically. Please correct me if this is not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donedos

Yes, I guess this method will work. I'd used kingroot before and SuperSU get rid of it. I haven't tried it in lollipop but i guess it will work.

King root 4 does not let you or supersu or anyone else remove or touch it unless you relinquish root privilege. Otherwise what would be the point of such a long post like this?!
23rd May 2015, 03:27 AM |#8  
Junior Member
China
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by najoor

** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I DO THIS AS A HOBBY AND SHARE MY FINDINGS IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE FINDS THEM USEFUL. **
** THIS WORKED ON MY DEVICE BUT IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **


You don't need to have root to apply this procedure. Your bootloader doesn't have to be unlocked.

This has been tested with SGP311, 10.6.A.0.454, Lollipop 5.0.2, Customized TW version, but it should work fine on any other customization of 10.6.A.0.454.

This procedure installs superSU root binaries and busybox on your system.

Requirements

1- Upgrade to Lollipop 5.0.2. Either flash an ftf using flashtool or if you are in a region where the update is available take the OTA. You can get the unmodified Customized TW version from here.

2- Make sure your PC can communicate with your tablet via adb.

The success of this method depends on following the procedure very carefully. So read the instructions and make sure you understand every step before you try it.

Procedure

1- Install and run Kingroot 4.0. You can google and download it or you can use the one in the attached zip file. When Kingroot runs it is all in Chinese, but basically you need to be connected to the internet for it to work. It will do its thing and show progress up to 100% after which you can exit the program. Now your phone is rooted. The following steps replaces the Kinguser with SuperSU.

2- Unzip the attached file in your adb directory and then open an adb terminal and make sure the PC can see your phone (you can check that by typing adb devices). Then type the following:

Code:
adb push su /data/local/tmp
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp
adb shell
3- In the shell that you get type the following and make sure you give the access permission when the tablet prompts you:

Code:
su
4- Continue by typing the following commands:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
cat /data/local/tmp/su >/system/xbin/daemonsu && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/daemonsu
cat /data/local/tmp/busybox >/system/xbin/busybox && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/busybox
daemonsu -d &
The key is to keep this session running while you continue with the rest, so be careful with typos and monitor this window for any errors.

5- At this point, leave the adb terminal window running and go to your tablet, open the Kinguser app, open settings (the wheel at the top right corner of the screen), Root authorization setting, and Remove Root permission. The app may self-uninstall.

6- In any case, after this is done, uninstall the two or three remaining Kingroot apps hat are still on your tablet (Kinguser, KingRoot, and the other one with the blue icon and Chinese text under it).

7- Back to the adb terminal, and type the following:

Code:
cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/su 

busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/ku.sud 
busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/supolicy 
busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/pidof
rm /system/xbin/ku.sud 
rm /system/xbin/supolicy
rm /system/xbin/pidof

rm /system/bin/debuggerd
rm /system/bin/debuggerd_real 
rm /system/bin/debuggerd64

busybox chattr -ia /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
busybox chattr -ia /system/bin/rt.sh
rm /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
rm /system/bin/rt.sh

busybox chattr -ia /system/bin/.usr/.ku
rm -rf /system/bin/.usr

rm /system/usr/icu/icusuflag.conf 
busybox chattr -ia /system/usr/iku/isu 
rm -rf /system/usr/iku

rm /system/kroot_* 
rm /sdcard/kr-stock-conf 
rm -rf /sdcard/Kingroot
Again, leave the adb terminal window running and go to your tablet.

8- Install superSU (from the attached file) on your phone, run it, and let it update the SU binary.

9- Reboot the tablet. After about 5 minutes your root is ready.

Download link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1431343293

thank you for your hard work .
but it has a problem .
at first type "adb push su /data/local/tmp" ,the KingRoot was allow "root", and then conlose was promot "error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device."
need retype "adb push su /data/local/tmp" .
and goon.

中文看这里:
http://bbs.gfan.com/android-7970307-1-1.html
24th May 2015, 02:32 PM |#9  
GretaLewd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crowthorne
Thanks Meter: 234
 
More
@najoor :
Thanks - worked fine for me
24th May 2015, 05:02 PM |#10  
chilllkroete's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Basel
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Thank you very much, works perfectly
25th May 2015, 06:49 PM |#11  
ssanjay19's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Thanks a million bro.. works like a charm on Xperia Z 5.0.2!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes