[Q&A] [Root] [Recovery] [Wipe-optional] 4.4.4 KitKat SGP311 10.5.1.A.0.292 NCB

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [Root] [Recovery] [Wipe-optional] 4.4.4 KitKat SGP311 10.5.1.A.0.292 NCB

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [Root] [Recovery] [Wipe-optional] 4.4.4 KitKat SGP311 10.5.1.A.0.292 NCB. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

dandowftm88

Dec 9, 2014
flashed wrong kernel

Hi,
I have screwed up here - I flashed the kernel but not the image, now i am stuck either in a boot loop or getting a load of "unfortunately the process anroid....." has stopped.
Previously I had "psd_pollux_windy-4.5-remix-20140822" installed without any problems.
I suspect i may need to get a hold of the kernel used on that image to get me half working again but i dont really know what to do.
can somebody please help? ive had to try a number of different kernels to get the device to even boot up, initially I was just stuck in a boot loop.
thank you very much in advance!

SteelPicori

Dec 10, 2014
Hi,
I have screwed up here - I flashed the kernel but not the image, now i am stuck either in a boot loop or getting a load of "unfortunately the process anroid....." has stopped.
Previously I had "psd_pollux_windy-4.5-remix-20140822" installed without any problems.
I suspect i may need to get a hold of the kernel used on that image to get me half working again but i dont really know what to do.
can somebody please help? ive had to try a number of different kernels to get the device to even boot up, initially I was just stuck in a boot loop.
thank you very much in advance!

Hold Power and volume up, LED flashes once, keep holding, LED flashes 3 times this will hard power off the tablet
Attach USB to computer with fastboot access, hold volume up and plug USB into tablet, LED flashes orange then turns blue, you now are in fastboot mode

now run
fastboot flash boot <boot.img>
fastboot flash system <system.img>
fastboot reboot (if the boot.img had recovery baked in boot into recovery, press volume up when LED flashes blue/white depending upon recovery, wipe cache, dalvik and factory restore)

if all else fails use flashtool (search xda for xperia flashtool), download the stock firmware
Run flashtool
menue devices
check update
double click relevant device
select device tab
select branding [vmo_us/ca/pr for north american]
double click version column
right click and download: NOTE will fail on creating bundle (i think the '/' throws it off)
go to menu tools
bundle
create
source folder, navigate to where flashtool was installed, theres a folder called fimrware, downloads, sgp311_vmo_us
filled out fields
select everything and hit the > button, it will now create a firmware bundle that you can use to flash in flash mode

hard power down tablet (see above)
Attach USB to computer, hold volume down while plugging USB into tablet, you now are in flash mode
press flash button in flashtool (looks like lightning)
flashmode, should default to where your bundle is, if not, source folder navigate to where bundle is
select firmware (make sure nothing is excluded, if you want to just flash kernel then excluded everything but kernel, ditto for system)
flash: WARNING THIS WILL PROBABLY WIPE YOUR DEVICE BACK TO FACTORY

cphilip10

Dec 23, 2014
Would really appreciate if someone can tell me what is the difference between Customized_NCB and Customized_UK? Sorry for asking this but I am new to Xperia tablet Z and there appears to be too many pages to go through in order to get answers regarding this device

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Would really appreciate if someone can tell me what is the difference between Customized_NCB and Customized_UK? Sorry for asking this but I am new to Xperia tablet Z and there appears to be too many pages to go through in order to get answers regarding this device
actually 99% of the difference is in preinstalled apps (bloatware) included in firmware.