TWRP lost following offical buid Lineage flash

Search This thread

spotter300

Oct 24, 2017
Hi guys,

I was running twrp 3.0.1-0 with the unofficial linage build, however once I flashed the office build I seem to have gone to what looks like a stock recovery (when you try to flash anything you get a white circle with various colours sliding in and out of phase). Whilst the OS seems fine, I can't seem to flash anything anymore, gapps, supersu etc even via ADB sideload. It will appear to flash successfully, but nothing will have worked. I can boot into fastboot still but that won't let me flash TWRP either.
I read that revoking that the USB privileges would help but when I do that I don't get any pop-up asking for privileges, even after I wiped it and flashed it again, via the stock recovery.

To be honest I could live without TWRP but without gapps (play store) I can't do much.

Any advise or help would be most welcomed.

Thanks!

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Hi guys,

I was running twrp 3.0.1-0 with the unofficial linage build, however once I flashed the office build I seem to have gone to what looks like a stock recovery (when you try to flash anything you get a white circle with various colours sliding in and out of phase). Whilst the OS seems fine, I can't seem to flash anything anymore, gapps, supersu etc even via ADB sideload. It will appear to flash successfully, but nothing will have worked. I can boot into fastboot still but that won't let me flash TWRP either.
I read that revoking that the USB privileges would help but when I do that I don't get any pop-up asking for privileges, even after I wiped it and flashed it again, via the stock recovery.

To be honest I could live without TWRP but without gapps (play store) I can't do much.

Any advise or help would be most welcomed.

Thanks!
Official LOS doesn't have TWRP built-in, and never had, as i remember.
Use opengapps app to install gapps. For root use SuperSU.

If you still need twrp, use kernel (boot.img) from unofficial one.