FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [8.1] LineageOS 15.1 [POLLUX/POLLUX_WINDY][UNOFFICIAL]

151 posts
Thanks Meter: 596

By CaHbKaUp, Senior Member on 15th January 2018, 06:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS logo
This is an Unofficial builds for Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi.
About ROM
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.x (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation
  • Download the latest build
  • Place ROM in your SD card or Internal Storage
  • Reboot into recovery mode
  • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended)
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot
Downloads
Pollux: AFH
Pollux_windy: AFH
Recommended Recovery (optional)
TWRP 3.2.x
Gapps (optional)
OpenGapps (ARM/Android-8.x): http://opengapps.org
Sources
LineageOS on Github
Kernel: apq8064
XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1 for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
CaHbKaUp, CyberWalkMaN, Daedroza, Chippa_a, AdrianDC
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-06-17

Created 2018-01-15
Last Updated 2019-06-17
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to CaHbKaUp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CaHbKaUp Ad-Free

15th January 2018, 06:21 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaHbKaUp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CaHbKaUp Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 09:09 PM |#3  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,070

More
reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
16th January 2018, 01:42 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thanks for this ROM, amazing that I now have android 8.1 on this device. Only issue I can see is that OpenGapps doesn't yet support 8.1 so flashing older versions (at least when I tried 8.0) results in an error
Quote:

This GApps pkg is for Android 8.0.x only, Please download the correct version for your ROM 8.1.0 (SDK 27)

16th January 2018, 06:56 AM |#5  
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojanglez

Thanks for this ROM, amazing that I now have android 8.1 on this device. Only issue I can see is that OpenGapps doesn't yet support 8.1 so flashing older versions (at least when I tried 8.0) results in an error

I have found this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...gapps-t3720449
Have not yet tried updating. Perhaps you could give it a try and let us know...
The Following User Says Thank You to botsaris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift botsaris Ad-Free
16th January 2018, 08:24 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by botsaris

I have found this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...gapps-t3720449
Have not yet tried updating. Perhaps you could give it a try and let us know...

Yes, this will successfully be installed, but will work after you flash this https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617958577
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CaHbKaUp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CaHbKaUp Ad-Free
16th January 2018, 02:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Yeah it is all working nicely now. Once again thanks for getting it out there, can't believe my 5 year old Tablet Z has Oreo before my Galaxy S8 .
The Following User Says Thank You to Bojanglez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bojanglez Ad-Free
17th January 2018, 11:34 AM |#8  
home :)
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Damn, my root is gone and i cant boot into recovery. Vol Down and Power Button doenst work, it directly boots the lineage 8.1. Any Help? Thanks alot !

Edit: got recovery by Terminal. When i get my root back, then i will be happy
Edit 2: Have Root again, SuperSU, everything works, will test now. Thanks all for your amazing Work!
17th January 2018, 03:54 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
cannot boot to recovery --power +volume down didn't work anymore ..i need to boot to recovery to install supersu... pleaae help
17th January 2018, 05:34 PM |#10  
home :)
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by risant

cannot boot to recovery --power +volume down didn't work anymore ..i need to boot to recovery to install supersu... pleaae help

Activate and open the Developer Settings, tick on the Terminal. Then type into the Terminal "reboot recovery", maybe you need before to type in "su". Then you hopefully can boot into your Recovery and get SuperSU.

I also cannot boot to Recovery by pressing Vol down and Power. After i flashed SU, i installed a Root App for booting to Recovery. This Solution is actually the best.
18th January 2018, 12:21 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I typed reboot recovery at terminal the command cannot be found
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)