[MOD]BeastAudio™ XTZ v1 (09/08/14)

Search This thread

monivan

Apr 3, 2010
Berlin
Have you ever hate the fact that the volume of your tablet is comparably lower than other Tablet? Have you ever tried to brag about your tablet but your sound is not as loud as their Ipad?
Then worry no more! I'm here to save you xD

BeastAudio™
This mod will turn your Xperia Tablet Z into a beast. The volume is much higher than Stock. It is estimated to deliver around 100dB from both speaker with clarity and bassboost.

Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage caused by this mod. Eg, you go deaf, your phone is broken, you miss any important call, alarm didn't go off and you were late for work, or your earpiece is busted. It's your own risk. Proceed with caution, you have been warn.

Requirement:
  • Xperia Tablet Z
  • Stock, or Stock Base 4.3-4.4.2 or possibly all custom roms, you tell me it!
  • Rooted
  • Recovery Installed

Installation:
  1. Backup the whole system or just the original file in case you wanna revert back
  2. Download the file BeastAudio™ XTZ.zip
  3. Flash it through recovery and reboot

Manual Installation:
  1. Unzip the package
  2. Copy snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 from the package
  3. Replace this file in to /system/etc/snd_soc_msm folder
  4. Set permission -rw-r--r--(644).
  5. And Reboot!

Uninstallation
  1. Restore your backup or restore the original file you have kept

Download Link:
  1. BeastAudio™ XTZ v1.zip - http://www.mediafire.com/?5jjpmgmb677a9xl

Changelog:
v1:
  • initial release
  • volume boost
  • bassboost

Bugs:
  • let me know

Credit:
-Sony

Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Colors Diary

May 21, 2014
Why is this thread dead.. ?

I'll be testing this in my device " SO-03E " running spg312 official 4.1.2 software..

Colors Diary

May 21, 2014
Alright, sorry for being late ..
I wanted to check almost all the sound mods possible and get my hands dirty once and for all haha :)
Thanks for your hardwork , thanks for sharing ..

Now if I understand.. What this mod does is .. Changing the system files in charge of speakers control .
Say .. Speakers are set to work at 80% power by manufacturer , and this mod allows it to squeeze the 100% ... Am I right ?

I found it to be doing almost the exact same thing other apps do .. Except ..
It feels much cleaner and no bloatware or further libraries modifications which is great IMO . also I find it to not effect the quality as much and feels a bit louder than other speaker increasing apps " maybe my feelings tho "

I suppose it will work with any stock based ROM , it is working properly on 4.1.2 , yet .. I'll still advice making a NAND back up =)

I tried to do somewhat reasonable test running a video file , using a sound meter app on my mobile to test " not super accurate but tried to be as frank as possible , same situations, same video , same everything "

I got like 52-ish dB before , and a wooping 63-ish dB after .. Which is super good IMO
Difference is worth using and I'll keep using this mod until my tablet gives up on me ..

Thanks again .. You sir are a scholar and an artist .

Last edited:
Reactions: monivan

monivan

Apr 3, 2010
Berlin
I wanted to check almost all the sound mods possible and get my hands dirty once and for all haha :)

Now if I understand.. What this mod does is .. Changing the system files in charge of speakers control .
Say .. Speakers are set to work at 80% power by manufacturer , and this mod allows it to squeeze the 100% ... Am I right ?

It feels much cleaner and no bloatware or further libraries modifications which is great IMO . also I find it to not effect the quality as much and feels a bit louder than other speaker increasing apps " maybe my feelings tho "

I suppose it will work with any stock based ROM , it is working properly on 4.1.2 , yet .. I'll still advice making a NAND back up =)

I tried to do somewhat reasonable test running a video file , using a sound meter app on my mobile to test " not super accurate but tried to be as frank as possible , same situations, same video , same everything "

I got like 52-ish dB before , and a wooping 63-ish dB after .. Which is super good IMO
Difference is worth using and I'll keep using this mod until my tablet gives up on me ..

Thanks for being the first review and for this encouraging post. I place another device with noise meter 2cm close to the speaker and got this 100ish dB result.
My mod only modified speaker volume but it's not to 100% also.
Originally, it 68% on stock rom. Right now, it is 73%. You still can increase it more, but the output will be distorted and the quality will decrease noticeably. I prefer quality over loudness :)

Reactions: Colors Diary

Colors Diary

May 21, 2014
Thanks for being the first review and for this encouraging post. I place another device with noise meter 2cm close to the speaker and got this 100ish dB result.
Originally, it 68% on stock rom. Right now, it is 73%. You still can increase it more, but the output will be distorted and the quality will decrease noticeably. I prefer quality over loudness :)

My pleasure :)

Well in that case.. could you kindly guide me sir on how to do it myself,
or providing a file with an even more volume.. ?

I agree that quality is over loudness.. But.. the speakers are really low..
And... we can always lower the volume, but we can't increase it.. =)

There are some tight situations when you desperately need some more volume ^^'

Thanks =)

Reactions: monivan

monivan

Apr 3, 2010
Berlin

Thanks =)

OK! In that case, i'll update a new version xD

Reactions: Colors Diary

sia2009

Mar 7, 2009
Thank you Sir very much for this. I tested it just for 5 minutes ago with my xtz sgp321 (4.4.4) with a Timwin Recovery-System and it works fine. I had to have louder volume because I use my Navigation-System very extensiv and now I must say it's optimal. But I'll follow this thread everyday from now. Thank you again.

Last edited:

monivan

Apr 3, 2010
Berlin
I'd love to test it ! :victory:

Thank you Sir very much for this. I tested it just for 5 minutes ago with my xtz sgp321 (4.4.4) with a Timwin Recovery-System and it works fine. I had to have louder volume because I use my Navigation-System very extensiv and now I must say it's optimal. But I'll follow this thread everyday from now. Thank you again.

Sorry guys for the wait. I was pretty busy perfecting my StereoMOD for xperia Z. Btw, v2 will be aroma installer and it will be ready in hopefully this weekend or else next week. You have choices like various volumes for speakers, x-loud volume, and headphone boost. And let me know if u have any suggestions, i'll see if it is possible.

Alok Bajaj

Jan 7, 2015
Bangalore
EvoMix kernel does my job for all the speaker and stuff! Just install kernel adiutor with it and increase the speaker gain. Maybe you can do some improvements with EvoMix kernel and BeastAudio giving away optimal performance for audio and battery usage :) Just a suggestion :)

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Sorry guys i forgot that i made this mod. Let me rebased it to lollipop when i have time!
I think it's easier to open the file snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 with file editor and set sound settings for a limit you like, for example 68 or 71 or 75.

Also in 5.0.2/5.1.1 fimwares sony deleted xLOUD from sound settings that made sound less loud.

I have mod that restores it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you ever hate the fact that the volume of your tablet is comparably lower than other Tablet? Have you ever tried to brag about your tablet but your sound is not as loud as their Ipad?
    Then worry no more! I'm here to save you xD

BeastAudio™
    This mod will turn your Xperia Tablet Z into a beast. The volume is much higher than Stock. It is estimated to deliver around 100dB from both speaker with clarity and bassboost.

Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage caused by this mod. Eg, you go deaf, your phone is broken, you miss any important call, alarm didn't go off and you were late for work, or your earpiece is busted. It's your own risk. Proceed with caution, you have been warn.

Requirement:
    • Xperia Tablet Z
    • Stock, or Stock Base 4.3-4.4.2 or possibly all custom roms, you tell me it!
    • Rooted
    • Recovery Installed

Installation:
    1. Backup the whole system or just the original file in case you wanna revert back
    2. Download the file BeastAudio™ XTZ.zip
    3. Flash it through recovery and reboot

Manual Installation:
    1. Unzip the package
    2. Copy snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 from the package
    3. Replace this file in to /system/etc/snd_soc_msm folder
    4. Set permission -rw-r--r--(644).
    5. And Reboot!

Uninstallation
    1. Restore your backup or restore the original file you have kept

Download Link:
    1. BeastAudio™ XTZ v1.zip - http://www.mediafire.com/?5jjpmgmb677a9xl

Changelog:
    v1:
    • initial release
    • volume boost
    • bassboost

Bugs:
    • let me know

Credit:
    -Sony

Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'd love to test it ! :victory:

Sorry guys for the wait. I was pretty busy perfecting my StereoMOD for xperia Z. Btw, v2 will be aroma installer and it will be ready in hopefully this weekend or else next week. You have choices like various volumes for speakers, x-loud volume, and headphone boost. And let me know if u have any suggestions, i'll see if it is possible.

Thanks =)