[FIX] Xperia U Touchscreen not working on JB & KitKaT ROM

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 92

By pollob666, Senior Member on 5th March 2014, 09:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Some guys have problem using a JB or KitKat because though their Boot-loader is Unlocked, they can not Use the ROM after flashing. Because the Touchscreen will not respond after the new ROM Boots up. So, they are stuck with the ICS Stock that Sony gave. There is a Thread [U]Touch does not work
I was one of these guys.

Well Guess what I got a solution.

So, I am going to write the procedure directly. But first, go and thank these two people...

1. erw1n for this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=81
2. bangladeshi for this thread. [TUT] Fix broken touchscreen problem of xperia mini pro (SK17i,SK17a)

I Got the Idea from them.

Special Note: I'm not responsible if you brick or damage your phone.

The procedure goes as follows. I'm giving the detailed Instructions later.
  1. Download the desired ROM
  2. Extract Touch Screen Firmware and related files from Stock Official Sony FTF or any other source
  3. Open ROM with 7-Zip or any other Zip Software and replace the Firmware Files with Stock ones.
  4. Modify the hw_config.sh file in the ROM if necessary.
  5. Close the ZIP
  6. Flash the ZIP with CWM

Now Goes the Details-

Step One: I Did it with only [ROM] [UB] [Kitkat] [4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 NIGHTLIES. So it's not tested on any other ROM. Theoretically It should work on any ROM. So, Cheers Download your ROM.

Step Two: If you dont want to do all these, then just download the zip file in the attachment and unzip it. for the official Sony firmware files
Else,
You will need FlashTool and Stock Official Sony ICS FTF and Notepad++ or any similar code/text editor and 7-zip for this. You will also need ext2explore (If you know what you are doing then you can also download the CWM flashable one ROM.)
First Open the FTF in 7-zip. Extract the System.sin file and put it in a folder lets say, "ICS_Stock". Now open FlashTool. Go to Sin editor.Browse for the sin file and click on Extract Data. Now after it finish, you will see four extra files in the ICS_Stock folder. with different extensions. one will be ext4. (something like "system_S1-SW-LIVE-3065-PID1-0002-S1-PARTITION.ext4")
Close FlashTool, Open ext2explore (as administrator). Go to file, Open Image, and select the ext4 you just extracted.
browse through the files,
  • Go to system/etc/firmware, right click on ttsp_fw.hex, save it.
  • Go to system/bin, right click on cyttsp_fwloader, save it.
  • Go to system/usr, right click on the folder idc, save it.
  • Close the ext2explore

Step Three: Now open the downloaded ROM with 7-Zip. Now Pay very careful attention
  • Go to system/etc/firmware, and delete ttsp_fw.hex if exists.
  • Go to system/bin, and delete cyttsp_fwloader if exists.
  • Go to system/usr, and delete folder named idc if exists.
  • Go to system/etc, and extract file named hw_config.sh after extract and save it in the same folder as other files, delete the file from the zip.
Now again
  • Go to system/etc/firmware, and drag and drop the ttsp_fw.hex file you just saved. (There will be a warning "Are you sure, you want to copy files into archive.... bla.. bla.. bla..." just say Yes)
  • Go to system/bin, and drag and drop the cyttsp_fwloader file you just saved.
  • Go to system/usr, and drag and drop the idc file you just saved.

Now comes the vital Part,
Open the hw_config.sh file with Notepad++ you will find some lines like this one,

Code:
# Touch FW loader
cyttsp_fwloader -dev /sys/bus/spi/devices/spi9.0 -fw /etc/firmware/ttsp_fw.hex

# Audio jack configuration
if it is just like my example then, change the lines to
Code:
# Touch FW loader
cyttsp_fwloader -dev /sys/bus/spi/devices/spi9.0 -fw /etc/firmware/ttsp_fw.hex -force

(Just add a -force)
If its not like the example and you don't have a clue what to do, Ask in this thread, If I'm there, I'll reply what to change.
it could be something like below, (taken from the Chienise Guy ROM 6.2.A.1.100 Xiangxin X3
Code:
# Touch FW loader
dev=/sys/bus/spi/devices/spi9.0
fw=ttsp_fw.hex
app_id=`cat  $dev/appid`
case `cat /data/ttsp_fw_update` in
        "in_progress") flags=-force ;;
        *) flags="" ;;
esac
case "$app_id" in
	"0x3030") flags=-force ;;
	*) echo $app_id > /data/ttsp_appid ;;
esac

echo "in_progress" > /data/ttsp_fw_update
cyttsp_fwloader -dev $dev -fw /system/etc/firmware/$fw $flags
echo "done" > /data/ttsp_fw_update

Here you may or may not change. but if you really want to change, change it to,

Code:
# Touch FW loader
cyttsp_fwloader -dev /sys/bus/spi/devices/spi9.0 -fw /etc/firmware/ttsp_fw.hex -force

Then save and close the hw_confif.sh file.

Now again go to your ROM opened with 7-zip, and Go to system/etc, and drag and drop the hw_confif.sh file you just saved.
Close the ROM Zip.

Step Four: your Fixed ROM is ready. Take all the Backups you need and don't need . Go to CWM, and also take all the NANDROID backup.
Now keep your fingers crossed and flash the Modified ROM as the instructions say in the Main Thread from where you downloaded the ROM.

If this solution works, Thank the ROM Builder first and then me.

Please Note: Do not distribute the Modified ROM without the permission of the Original Developer.
and Don't Blame Me or the Developer if the solution don't work for you. It worked for me.

If it worked for you, then Please tell us, for which ROM the solution worked. We can make a list of Compatible ROMs for this Modifications.

Up to now, this trick is confirmed to work on Two ROMS.

[ROM] [UB] [Kitkat] [4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 NIGHTLIES
JB Thunder Strike
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pollob666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pollob666 Ad-Free
22nd March 2014, 03:12 AM |#2  
Flag INDONESIA (sidoarjo)
Thanks Meter: 5

More
im really2 thank you.. for your tips..
yeah ,, now my xu rom JB Thunder Strike..!!
touchscreen problem solved..
22nd March 2014, 03:14 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

Donate to Me
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by erw1n

im really2 thank you.. for your tips..
yeah ,, now my xu rom JB Thunder Strike..!!
touchscreen problem solved..

The KitKat Nightly Is very stable and fast for me. Sometimes the Touch hangs again. I just remove the battery and re-insert it again. And Viola. it Works.
Glad that it worked. Now what I am going to work on is, how to make, Recovery Mode Touch work. I know it's tough, but possible.
24th March 2014, 11:31 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

Donate to Me
More
Angry CWM Flashable ZIP for recovery touch
I had noticed that, though the ROM Touchscreen works, but in recovery, the touch don't work. So, have made a CWM Flashable ZIP file, if you flash it, hopefully the touch will start to work inside the Recovery. Please note, This is not a permanent solution. You have to flash this file each time you go in recovery.

Once again, I tasted it with only CM11 Nightlies.

If it works, I will try to modify this file to act like a patch for all ROMs. So that, you can flash any ROM and after that you can flash this patch to make touch usable.

@jatinrungta Can you test it for me?
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery_touch_fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (330.0 KB, 235 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to pollob666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pollob666 Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 10:30 AM |#5  
Mordor
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried to extract from system.sin but I only got system.partinfo and system.yaffs2 files. I am trying to fix my mini pro (mango) touch screen and I used the stock ROM SK17i_4.1.B.0.431_(1249-7380).ftf to get the system.sin. Any thoughts?

edit:
Can you also provide an updated CM11 that has a fix on it for sk17i (mango)? I will really appreciate it.
13th April 2014, 04:56 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by evilfox7

I tried to extract from system.sin but I only got system.partinfo and system.yaffs2 files. I am trying to fix my mini pro (mango) touch screen and I used the stock ROM SK17i_4.1.B.0.431_(1249-7380).ftf to get the system.sin. Any thoughts?

edit:
Can you also provide an updated CM11 that has a fix on it for sk17i (mango)? I will really appreciate it.

Sorry for the late answer.
But problem is, I don't have SK17i the set in my hand. So, I am not sure, the fix, I did, will work on your one.

Still, I'm going to download and make a cwm installable zip from the Sony stock ftf. I'm gonna download the FTF tomorrow, i have transfer cap and provide you a CWM file for CM11. Need to search the sk17i (mango) forums. But, you can try with a yaffs2 explorer, it'll work as ext2explorer.
The Following User Says Thank You to pollob666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pollob666 Ad-Free
15th April 2014, 06:06 AM |#7  
Mordor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollob666

Sorry for the late answer.
But problem is, I don't have SK17i the set in my hand. So, I am not sure, the fix, I did, will work on your one.

Still, I'm going to download and make a cwm installable zip from the Sony stock ftf. I'm gonna download the FTF tomorrow, i have transfer cap and provide you a CWM file for CM11. Need to search the sk17i (mango) forums. But, you can try with a yaffs2 explorer, it'll work as ext2explorer.

I will look forward for it. Anyway, I will try to use the yaffs2 and hopefully it has the same structure with your original post.
8th November 2014, 03:46 AM |#8  
Flag Culiacan, Sin
Thanks Meter: 6

More
i have this trouble but is was like this when i flash GB back (i was on ICS stock rom)
But i try to revert and back to ICS and dont work

Can anyone help me please!
23rd November 2014, 03:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Xperia sola unresponsive touchscreen
Hi,

I tried the steps that you have suggested, But in the final part(hw_config.sh) with the code, i had something different. I dont know how to alter it. Can you help me out??
The code is below.

# Touch FW loader
dev=/sys/bus/spi/devices/spi9.0
app_id=`cat $dev/appid`
case `cat /data/ttsp_fw_update` in
"in_progress") flags=-force ;;
*) flags=-no-downgrade ;;
esac
case "$app_id" in
"0x3030")
flags=-force
;;
esac
cyttsp_fwloader -dev $dev -fw /system/etc/firmware/ttsp_fw.hex $flags

24th November 2014, 11:43 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatadarsh

Hi,

I tried the steps that you have suggested, But in the final part(hw_config.sh) with the code, i had something different. I dont know how to alter it. Can you help me out??

Yes, Just replace the lines with these below,

Code:
Select Code
# Touch FW loader
#dev=/sys/bus/spi/devices/spi9.0

cyttsp_fwloader -dev /sys/bus/spi/devices/spi9.0 -fw /system/etc/firmware/ttsp_fw.hex -force

15th April 2015, 03:11 PM |#11  
Flag Srikalahasti

More
Go to system/usr, right click on the folder idc, save it.
Go to system/usr, right click on the folder idc, save it.

There is no IDC folder .....help me....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix, touchscreen, xperia u

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)