68 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By Error_Rebel, Member on 15th March 2014, 02:49 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd March 2014, 11:58 AM |#21  
Flag Pianoro, Italy
Thanks Meter: 152

More
I'm trying SlimKat and I have to tell that is impressive! Really really smooth!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mons1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mons1990 Ad-Free

23rd March 2014, 08:58 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons1990

Interesting. Did you tried also the one mentioned before by Rodger Rulez? Now I use eXperience v2 by 6 month, but I want to switch to CM again (I used FXP's CM9 before) and I'd like to see CM11 working on my phone flawlessly. The problem (or the value, depending on pov) is that we've lots of ROMs like Rodjer's, Munjeni's, XperiaMT27'S, ecc. and it's not easy to find the best for me that i'm an abroad student and I've not much time to try as i did before.

Not yet. Will do next week. Will post impressions.

If you need your phone to be reliable, stay away from CM11 for a bit more, but be faithful that it will run well.
There are still issues with "internal SD" and "external SD", apps moved to SD vanish on reboot, and quite a few apps like say Dolphin browser get confused and can't even see the "external SD".

The devs are joining to make a good CM11 kernel that even has FM support though.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobafetthotmail For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobafetthotmail Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 01:32 PM |#23  
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 14

More
CM11 4.4.2 Battery drain
Hi guys, last Friday I installed the CM11 ROM from Rodger_Rulez
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...-11-0-t2627210

I came from stock ICS, with ICS I had battery for 3 days with few use, with this CM11, in standby my phone drops battery as hell, I charged battery to 100% last night, in this morning I checked and was with 71% (29% in 8hours in standby), actually is only 55% and I'm not using it, I do not have Wifi, data or GPS connected, also I've Freen Ram always around 100MB, so why so battery drain? as I see in standby with this rom the smartphone not handle 24hours......

Anyone else have the same problem, if this rom is with this battery......I'll return for ICS without any doubt
The Following User Says Thank You to pj.gomes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pj.gomes Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 05:50 PM |#24  
Flag Pianoro, Italy
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.gomes

Anyone else have the same problem, if this rom is with this battery......I'll return for ICS without any doubt

TY for your report.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mons1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mons1990 Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 06:46 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Now I have slimmed CM9.1 and this is best rom for games. Asphalt 8 working on full detals.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bakusiovskyyyy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bakusiovskyyyy Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 09:54 PM |#26  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Well well well i had tried a huge number of roms through the year i had owned my sola
Regarding stock roms, really all of them sucks ...
As for ics custom roms "stock based" i tired several ones i believe SXDXPEpper was the best, combining esthetics and performance, and good battery life

Jb stock based roms, all of them are a bit laggy and kindda bad ram managment :/ but great looks and battery life, among the available stable roms i found wolf rom to be the best among them

MIUI: well all i can say it is a great and AWESOME rom but our device cant handle it

Now to CM based roms and KK roms

Cm9 - AWESOME, really awesome performance, used it for a long time, but it's kinda old right now and i needed an update
Cm10 by fxp, i didnt use it a lot, it was somehow to damn buggy
Slimbean "cm10 based" i cant find its link now :/ but it was amazing ! Great performance, good battery life no major bugs

KK roms
Carbon rom : except for the back button bug IT IS FREAKING great !! I love every part of it the custom-ability, overall performance is great, decent battery life, it survives around 16hrs of mild to heavy usage i used this rom for more than a month or 2 i just switched to slimkat yesterday to try it ...
Slimkat: well some might say it is much better than carbon or hellkat, but i really dont think so! I flashed it yesterday (weekly-1) keyboard crashes a lot, and back button bug is still there and even worse while using facebook so i guess am going to get back to the mighty carbon rom
Hellkat: as someone mentioned before, it is a great rom, but am not a fan of its UI
Omni: well lets say i prefere carbon rom more

Yeah i know i write too much
Conclusion: there is no rom that can satisfy 100% our needs but carbon rom, Cm9 by fxp, and SXDXPEpper would be my choice for a daily stable rom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to majed19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift majed19 Ad-Free
27th March 2014, 12:01 AM |#27  
OP Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by majed19

Well well well i had tried a huge number of roms through the year i had owned my sola
Regarding stock roms, really all of them sucks ...
As for ics custom roms "stock based" i tired several ones i believe SXDXPEpper was the best, combining esthetics and performance, and good battery life

Jb stock based roms, all of them are a bit laggy and kindda bad ram managment :/ but great looks and battery life, among the available stable roms i found wolf rom to be the best among them

MIUI: well all i can say it is a great and AWESOME rom but our device cant handle it

Now to CM based roms and KK roms

Cm9 - AWESOME, really awesome performance, used it for a long time, but it's kinda old right now and i needed an update
Cm10 by fxp, i didnt use it a lot, it was somehow to damn buggy
Slimbean "cm10 based" i cant find its link now :/ but it was amazing ! Great performance, good battery life no major bugs

KK roms
Carbon rom : except for the back button bug IT IS FREAKING great !! I love every part of it the custom-ability, overall performance is great, decent battery life, it survives around 16hrs of mild to heavy usage i used this rom for more than a month or 2 i just switched to slimkat yesterday to try it ...
Slimkat: well some might say it is much better than carbon or hellkat, but i really dont think so! I flashed it yesterday (weekly-1) keyboard crashes a lot, and back button bug is still there and even worse while using facebook so i guess am going to get back to the mighty carbon rom
Hellkat: as someone mentioned before, it is a great rom, but am not a fan of its UI
Omni: well lets say i prefere carbon rom more

Yeah i know i write too much
Conclusion: there is no rom that can satisfy 100% our needs but carbon rom, Cm9 by fxp, and SXDXPEpper would be my choice for a daily stable rom

Many thanks Majed for your share.... especially that u seems to be professional hope that can help others....
I've the link for the CM10 if u need it...
27th March 2014, 02:46 AM |#28  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 18,721

More
4) No threads or posts asking for the best/most stable ROM/Kernel/Mod/whatever, or created for the purpose of comparing Phones/ROMs/Kernels/Mods/whatever:
These threads/posts will be deleted promptly and without warning. They have a history of causing problems due to trolls, and fanboys, along with various troublemakers, and therefore are no longer allowed. Regardless of that, there is really no way to judge whether or not a particular piece of work is better than another because it's all relative to begin with. If you want to know what piece of work is better for you, install something and try it out for a while. If you don't like it, try something else. Our Developers work hard to provide us their contributions, free of charge. Please show them the respect they deserve by trying something out and giving them your feedback.
This is posted in in ALL of the Sony / LG / Motorola General forums HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ApriliaM3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ApriliaM3 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm-10, experience v2.1, ics
Previous Thread Next Thread