FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OFFICIAL ICS DISCUSSION THREAD - ONLY HERE

905 posts
Thanks Meter: 157

By ssj_jaypee, Senior Member on 10th March 2012, 07:38 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Any word yet on a solid release date for ICS on the Xperia S?

10th March 2012, 07:43 PM |#2  
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 915

More
UPDATED ICS FAQ!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=998

(updated 22 may)
11th March 2012, 05:10 AM |#3  
OFFICIAL ICS DISCUSSION THREAD - ONLY HERE
To avoid 1500 threads being created around this same thing I have created this thread as the official ICS discussion thread for the Xperia S.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerdog Ad-Free
11th March 2012, 10:52 AM |#4  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I dont really understand Sony's policy about software , you're creating a new phone which relaesed in feb 2012 and the most current software is ice cream sandwich and the phone comes with gingerbread , it sounds like you creating a high end notebook and it comes with vista ,

you sucks Sony , believe me I'm telling this just buying Xperia S a few hours ago .

even though u sucks , u dont destroy my feelings about sony
The Following User Says Thank You to Therollingstone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Therollingstone Ad-Free
11th March 2012, 11:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therollingstone

I dont really understand Sony's policy about software , you're creating a new phone which relaesed in feb 2012 and the most current software is ice cream sandwich and the phone comes with gingerbread , it sounds like you creating a high end notebook and it comes with vista ,

you sucks Sony , believe me I'm telling this just buying Xperia S a few hours ago .

even though u sucks , u dont destroy my feelings about sony

We'll just have to hope that they work hard optimising it.. I prefer a delayed optimised ICS than a crappy worthless update

Sent from my X10 using XDA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MasterLinuxer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MasterLinuxer Ad-Free
11th March 2012, 03:13 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
They don't say that ICS release will be end March early April ?
11th March 2012, 03:15 PM |#7  
Flag Zuid-Holland
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arc_u

They don't say that ICS release will be end March early April ?

Yea, I read that as well. In fact, I read it on that Playstation news app last night :P
11th March 2012, 07:02 PM |#8  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterLinuxer

We'll just have to hope that they work hard optimising it.. I prefer a delayed optimised ICS than a crappy worthless update

i 2nd that.
12th March 2012, 07:08 AM |#9  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 305

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterLinuxer

I totally get what you say, but you don't want to wait for ages to put an outdated but optimized OS on your phone? I hope for some BETA tester ROM release from Sony on Xperia S forum as well.
12th March 2012, 07:35 AM |#10  
Flag Zuid-Holland
Thanks Meter: 83

More
I'm not sure we have to wait all that much longer...

They said it can be end of March/early April, I would assume they would try and release it around then, or at least that beta you speak of. I don't think Sony wants to adopt SE's update reputation, so I would hope they would release it around when they said they will release it.

Jelly Bean is in the works, sure, but it's all down to rumors at the moment to when it will be actually released. If we are one update behind for awhile, I don't really care as long as it's optimized for the phone, and not some half-baked, rushed OS port.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1306952.html
12th March 2012, 10:03 AM |#11  
Flag Bedford
Thanks Meter: 393

More
I will say that coming from a Nexus S which was running CM9 (ICS), the interface Sony has put on top of Gingerbread does a great job. I thought I'd hate taking the step back but other than a few little bits, it's not that big of a difference. Things like the themed progress bars and buttons really remove some of the ugliness that GB still had.

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY excited about ICS on this device but I don't miss ICS as much as I thought I would. I can certainly hold on for a few weeks.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread