FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sony wouldn't repair their yellow tints, even this is FACTORY DEFECT

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By shvyue, Member on 16th July 2012, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Send my Xperia S in at the end of June for the yellow tints problem. Waited two weeks and Sony replied that they wouldn't repair the phone because of "illegal unlock"?? The phone is factory unlocked. Tried to discuss this issue on http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34135, and 1 day later my account with sonymobile was suspended. Just feel so disappointed with Sony's customer service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1201771  

16th July 2012, 02:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Wow.

What was your user name over there?
16th July 2012, 02:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Have you unlocked your bootloader or sent it in rooted or something like that?

If that's the case, it's normal that they didn't touch it as you lost your warranty if you unlocked your bootloader. If you rooted it, you should have restored it before sending, because technically, rooting voids your warrantytoo.

Maybe you bought it used and the previous owner unlocked the bootloader and didn't tell you?
16th July 2012, 02:46 PM |#4  
Flag hard shoulders of reality
Thanks Meter: 260

More
ditto (well i unlocked the bootloader, with a code provided by SONY, which is hardly illegal, but I guess they're really playing the voided warranty issue on this)
16th July 2012, 02:51 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0pot2mus

Wow.

What was your user name over there?

evppp see the last two-three pages
16th July 2012, 03:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shvyue

Send my Xperia S in at the end of June for the yellow tints problem. Waited two weeks and Sony replied that they wouldn't repair the phone because of "illegal unlock"?? The phone is factory unlocked. Tried to discuss this issue on talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34135, and 1 day later my account with sonymobile was suspended. Just feel so disappointed with Sony's customer service.

Had got the same problem with yellow tints, but my phone wasn't unlocked and has been repaired by Sony in two weeks.
If you had unlocked your phone even with the Sony method it's indicate that warranty is avoid in this case.
16th July 2012, 03:14 PM |#7  
Flag Zuid-Holland
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Interesting...with an unlocked bootloader it still shouldn't have been an issue. Your warranty is in theory still intact, just with CPU modifications and such afterwords that can void it (overclocking and such with custom kernels). In the terms it just says "may" so they avoid liability if you break it yourself. It appears in this case (and the other one posted above) they decided to throw that out the window and just say "meh, sorry, today, because it's cold and didn't sleep well, its your fault."

You didn't by any chance have Doom's kernel on when you sent it in?

It's almost like every center changes their interpretation of a voided warranty depending on the weather or if they just feel like it :P.

I wouldn't associate your account being blocked as Sony's fault though, as you picked a username that appears to be picked by bashing your head on the keyboard :P. It was probably what they thought was a spam account?
16th July 2012, 03:16 PM |#8  

More
If you formatted the device then reflashed it with a stock GB firmware would anyone be able to tell that it had been unlocked ever?
16th July 2012, 03:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensama

Had got the same problem with yellow tints, but my phone wasn't unlocked and has been repaired by Sony in two weeks.
If you had unlocked your phone even with the Sony method it's indicate that warranty is avoid in this case.

Sony really need to sort themselves out, been going backwards and forwards for weeks. Latest issue is they are now claiming I purchased my phone in another country, it was supplied by my carrier.

Been a Sony fan since x10, but they are getting worse with cs. The phones are better, but they really need to train their staff.

My phone is not foreign, how the hell would they know in the first place? They've never seen the phone and I have never been asked for an imei number.

This is a joke now.

Sent from my XperiaS via transwarp conduit.
16th July 2012, 03:22 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoejoe

I wouldn't associate your account being blocked as Sony's fault though, as you picked a username that appears to be picked by bashing your head on the keyboard :P. It was probably what they thought was a spam account?

This guy:

"nolramlb" hasn't been banned, his name is terrible, and he's made over 1200 posts in ONE MONTH, now that's some spam!
16th July 2012, 03:22 PM |#11  
Flag Exeter
Thanks Meter: 33

More
We over in the HTC forums have the same prob, unlock the bootloader then you lose all warranty on your phone. We have faulty WiFi antenna on the One X, the contacts don't connect the antenna correctly, HTC say that if you unlocked your bootloader you can't get the antenna fixed, no one can say how unlocking a bootloader and WiFi antenna can be connected in any way, but HTC are being dogs about it. As for the yellow tints, they are a common problem across the bord, it's only the glue sticking the screen and the glass, play some games, give your phone a good use to heat it up and you will find that,the yellow tints go after a week or so

It's odd to see that it seems all/most mobile manufactures some what lack customer service.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)