Search This thread

hrishikesh300

Oct 3, 2012
Hmm..its strange it should have been detected.I myself have flashed this a number of times.
May be you have changed the extension of the file by mistake while renaming.If its not the case,just uninstall your flashtool and reinstall it.then remove any other ftf placed inside the firmware folder,place the downloaded Xperia Sola Stock Ics 6.1.1.B.1.54 [Indian-Asia] FTF.ftf inside the firmware folder.Then start flashtool,remove the USB cable if connected,switch off your phone,press vol. up button and insert usb cable keeping the vol up pressed,once it is detected by flashtool,release vol up button.then press harry potter's forehead sign:p,i mean thunderflash sign,don't change anything in it(make sure its on falshmode) and press OK.Then select the firmware as Xperia Sola(MT27) and press ok,flashtool will take some time to unpack ftf in memory,then flashtool will popup some sort of banner saying remove your usb cable etc.etc...just remove the USB cable from the phone,then press vol. down button,while keeping it pressed insert USB cable,let it be detected by flashtool,then it will start flashing firmware to your phone.DO NOT REMOVE THE USB CABLE UNTIL IT FINISHES FLASHING.Congratulation you have installed the .54 firmware on your sola.

P.S After installing flashtool,install drivers for your phone,fastbootmode and flashmode.
and if you need to root your phone after flashing .54 firmware.Just flash .10 kernel in the same method,root via Bin4ry's method,then flash .54 kernel.

If you need any help,ask here or PM me.

Hope this helps.

yea dude, i tried all the things u mentioned above.......but then too its not showing up...those other small is size ftf files (used to go frm .54 to .10 to root your device) are getting detected....checkout the screenshot...

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 310
yea dude, i tried all the things u mentioned above.......but then too its not showing up...those other small is size ftf files (used to go frm .54 to .10 to root your device) are getting detected....checkout the screenshot...
Try manually selecting the file...
EDIT:There is some problem with your downloaded file,from pic i can see that the downloaded file is only about 50 MB when actually its about 380 MB.See the attachment...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Reactions: hrishikesh300
May 12, 2013
help :(

OMG please dont say that i have wasted my 5 hours to dwnload this stuff....

i dwnloaded it with so much of excitement but after my dwnld i found that it is a zip file...not ftf...

and the zip file doesnt contains any ftf instead one folder and some other files....how to use those files to install this rom....please help...

i have attached the screenshot of this zip

Attachments

• abc.jpg
    abc.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 142

SahilTech

Nov 19, 2012
Jabalpur
sahiltech.wap.sh
OMG please dont say that i have wasted my 5 hours to dwnload this stuff....

i dwnloaded it with so much of excitement but after my dwnld i found that it is a zip file...not ftf...

and the zip file doesnt contains any ftf instead one folder and some other files....how to use those files to install this rom....please help...

i have attached the screenshot of this zip

Buddy just change the extension from zip to ftf, it will work

Sent from my MT27i using xda premium

ommon4u

Mar 13, 2013
root again???????

nw I am in my custom rom. once I flash the stock ics shud I root my phone again??

tweaker6445

Jun 17, 2013
i bricked my xperia sola by formating the system etc in cwm :crying: will flashing this rom bring my phone back to life? :(

i bricked my xperia sola by formating the system etc in cwm :crying: will flashing this rom bring my phone back to life? :(
No.Your phone isn't bricked,you have only formatted the system files which are needed by the the phone to function :D....And yes you can bring it back to life:p after flashing this stock ftf.You can flash this with the help of flashtool.
PM me or ask here if you have any problem regarding this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [XPERIA SOLA STOCK ICS FTF Build 6.1.1.B.1.54 - India(ASIA)]

Well,it is said that before installing any custom rom,always look for the availability of your region's stock ROM.Many of us don't and end up installing old firmware and then updating to the new one.
    I had the same experience,there was no availability of .54 indian firmware for my Xperia Sola,searched XDA but to no avail.I only found one SEUS dump for .54 firmware,which i didn't knew how to use.So,i just made a FTF file using the files provided by Sony PC companion using Flashtool.

Here's the download link for the file:
    Dev-Host Link

Hit Thanks,if i helped.
    Seriously guys...130+ downloads and just 6 thanks :(
    At least press the Thanks button(on the left),thats the only donation i want from u guys..:D
    Thanks , but i want to ask you if that the Arabic Language is availble in the language list from settings?​

No,the arabic language is not available in the language settings list.Instead use locale select app from the market to get it.
    Hope it helps.

Hit Thanks,if i helped.

Sent from my MT27i using xda app-developers app
    ohh..thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

but dude, this .ftf file is not showing up in the flashtool.....its not just getting detected by flashtool..?!?
    you have to place the file in firmware folder where flashtool is installed..........
    yea its there in the firmwares folder in flashtool directory.. :/
    Hmm..its strange it should have been detected.I myself have flashed this a number of times.
    May be you have changed the extension of the file by mistake while renaming.If its not the case,just uninstall your flashtool and reinstall it.then remove any other ftf placed inside the firmware folder,place the downloaded Xperia Sola Stock Ics 6.1.1.B.1.54 [Indian-Asia] FTF.ftf inside the firmware folder.Then start flashtool,remove the USB cable if connected,switch off your phone,press vol. up button and insert usb cable keeping the vol up pressed,once it is detected by flashtool,release vol up button.then press harry potter's forehead sign:p,i mean thunderflash sign,don't change anything in it(make sure its on falshmode) and press OK.Then select the firmware as Xperia Sola(MT27) and press ok,flashtool will take some time to unpack ftf in memory,then flashtool will popup some sort of banner saying remove your usb cable etc.etc...just remove the USB cable from the phone,then press vol. down button,while keeping it pressed insert USB cable,let it be detected by flashtool,then it will start flashing firmware to your phone.DO NOT REMOVE THE USB CABLE UNTIL IT FINISHES FLASHING.Congratulation you have installed the .54 firmware on your sola.

P.S After installing flashtool,install drivers for your phone,fastbootmode and flashmode.
    and if you need to root your phone after flashing .54 firmware.Just flash .10 kernel in the same method,root via Bin4ry's method,then flash .54 kernel.

If you need any help,ask here or PM me.

Hope this helps.