Android Open Source Xperia (AOSX) is a team that ported stable AOSP with some CyanogenMod's /OmniROM's features on Sony Xperia Novathor devices.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
Download: AOSX-4.4.3_r1.1-lotus-V3.0.zip - 205.70 MB
How to install:
- Download the ROM
- Extract boot.img and flash it
- Copy the ROM to your SD Card
- Boot into recovery
- Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, system (Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
- Go to Mount and uncheck system
- Install the ROM
- If you can help us feel free to submit pull requests on our github.
- Bugs are expected on these builds. For submitting a bugreport use Bug Tracker and remember attaching a logcat otherwise your report will be ignored:
- FM Radio
- WiFi Direct
- Media A2DP
percy_g2, 95A31, DevSwift1: Developers
Abhinav2: Junior developer
Andrewasth: Mantainer & Code reviewer
AGONTUK: TWRP Developer & Code reviewer
XperiaMT27: Xperia Sola mantainer
wan5xp: Xperia Go mantainer
- Android Open Source Project for Android code.
- munjeni for developing, bugfixes and suggestions.
- CyanogenMod and OmniROM for providing bugfixes and features.
- All developers that helped us with their code.
What is the difference between AOSP and AOSX ?
We have integrated the follow features in AOSP :
- BlueZ bluetooth stack
- CyanogenMod's Superuser
- CyanogenMod's File Manager
- CyanogenMod's Torch
- CyanogenMod's BusyBox
- CyanogenMod's Browser
- OmniROM Recovery (TWRP)
- OmniROM music player (Apollo)
- OmniROM equalizer (DSP Manager)
- Google Play Store
Why don't you keep it pure AOSP ?
Because our goal is to provide a user friendly and clean ROM. We chose these applications because they are opensource and advertisement free.
I do not like some pre-installed applications, how I can delete them ?
If you do not like them, just uninstall them with a rooted uninstaller like Root Uninstaller.
Feature X is not working or applications Y is force closed, what can I do ?
Usually this kind of problem is due to dirty installation. Please wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
I found a bug. How do I report it ?
Create a bug report on Bug Tracker and remember to attach a logcat, otherwise your report will be ignored. Also try to attach the log of only the relevant part.