I searched a lot and was surprised to find, there exists no tutorial on how to root Xperia GO 6.1.1.B.1.54
I'm creating one now, hoping it would help someone. Please let me know if i'm doing anything wrong by posting this thread. ( I'll delete as soon as possible )
We cannot root this build directly , hence we need to flash 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel, run the rooting toolkit, and then flash 6.1.1.B.1.54 kernel.
Go to settings > Security > Mark "Unknown sources"
Settings > Developer options > Mark USB debugging
1) Download only this version of Flashtool 0.9.8.0 . Install it and restart your PC.
2) Download 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel
Place this kernel in C:/ Drive > flashtool > firmwares > Kernel file
3) Run Flashtool > click on the flashing icon ( left side below "file" option) > Select flashmode >
Setup should be like this
Flashtool Setup Screenshot
4)Follow the steps, connect your mobile and flash. Note: while connecting to PC, hold volume down key instead of back button.
Once flashing's finished, close flashtool, disconnect your phone and switch it on.
5) Download the rooting toolkit by Bin4ry Link Rooting Toolkit
and Extract it on your PC. Run it and select Normal mode. Follow the on-screen instructions it shows, carefully
6) Once rooting toolkit is done, download and flash the 6.1.1.B.1.54 Kernel
Bin4ry For his Rooting Toolkit
Bin4y and Androxyde for flashtool
Ofcourse, Sony for xperia go