FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]How to install Fastboot xperia driver on Windows 8

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 116
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Here a little guide for install Fastboot drivers and adb drivers on Windows 8.
is diference between Windows 7. i had problem with windows 8 and found solution so i decided to share with you and hope you enjoi XD

Guide steps:
  • Download and install JDK tools form Java site (i think link is useful)
  • Download SDK android from site (chose install location during installation)
  • Open SDK manager and download Extras file "google usb drivers"

Now things get quite difficult.

in windows 8 -> "windows key" + c -> SETTINGS -> general -> Advanced rebooter -> troubleshooting -> custom reboot -> when list of option appears after reboot chose "disable driver verification"
  • now download files usb_driver.zip - 8.68 MB
  • extract files and copy content of "usb-driver" folder in: "...\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" (three dots is path that can be different from your pc)
  • power off phone
  • go to -> control panel -> system -> properties -> change settings -> advanced -> device managment
  • connect phone to fastboot (volume + while connecting USB You MUST use a USB 2.0 port )
  • now S1 fast boot device is appear
  • click fastly on it and update driver
  • now when phone turn in normal mode unplag phone (keep open update driver windows)
  • select driver from folder
  • then select "chose manualy from a list of driver in computer"
  • browse from disk and select "android_winusb.inf" from "...\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" and select "android bootloader interface
  • before click next plug again the phone in fastboot mode
  • click next and your done XD
MODERATOR IF YOU CAN PUT THIS GUIDE IN AN ALERT TOPIC, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, I'M ITALIAN, HOPE YOU ALL CAN FORGIVE ME. FORGIVE ME ALSO FOR GRAMMATICAL ERROR =(
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to Ivan93tm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ivan93tm Ad-Free
 
 
1st March 2013, 06:52 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan93tm

Here a little guide for install Fastboot drivers and adb drivers on Windows 8.
is diference between Windows 7. i had problem with windows 8 and found solution so i decided to share with you and hope you enjoi XD

Guide steps:

  • Download and install JDK tools form Java site (i think link is useful)
  • Download SDK android from site (chose install location during installation)
  • Open SDK manager and download Extras file "google usb drivers"

Now things get quite difficult.

in windows 8 -> "windows key" + c -> SETTINGS -> general -> Advanced rebooter -> troubleshooting -> custom reboot -> when list of option appears after reboot chose "disable driver verification"
  • now download files HERE
  • extract files and copy content of "usb-driver" folder in: "...\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" (three dots is path that can be different from your pc)
  • power off phone
  • go to -> control panel -> system -> properties -> change settings -> advanced -> device managment
  • connect phone to fastboot (volume + while connecting USB make sure is 2.0 )
  • now S1 fast boot device is appear
  • click fastly on it and update driver
  • now when phone turn in normal mode unplag phone (keep open update driver windows)
  • select driver from folder
  • then select "chose manualy from a list of driver in computer"
  • browse from disk and select "android_winusb.inf" from "...\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" and select "android bootloader interface
  • before click next plug again the phone in fastboot mode
  • click next and your done XD
MODERATOR IF YOU CAN PUT THIS GUIDE IN AN ALERT TOPIC, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, I'M ITALIAN, HOPE YOU ALL CAN FORGIVE ME. FORGIVE ME ALSO FOR GRAMMATICAL ERROR =(


When I installed fastboot driver on my W8, I followed a little less complicated procedure and I would share it. I reboot the OS the same way you explain in the first part of the guide. Then I installed Flashtool and installed the driver directly from the directory (usually c:\flashtool\drivers but it may differs according to where you decide to install it). Then reboot the OS and everything come to normality but with fastboot driver installed. I'm italian too so please tell me if something is unclear.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amoutie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amoutie Ad-Free
1st March 2013, 06:56 PM |#3  
Ivan93tm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lurano
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoutie

When I installed fastboot driver on my W8, I followed a little less complicated procedure and I would share it. I reboot the OS the same way you explain in the first part of the guide. Then I installed Flashtool and installed the driver directly from the directory (usually c:\flashtool\drivers but it may differs according to where you decide to install it). Then reboot the OS and everything come to normality but with fastboot driver installed. I'm italian too so please tell me if something is unclear.

All clear, i think you follow the procedure as Admin of pc (so not with hotmail account) and for the admin account your procedure is right but for people who want to keep sync with Hotmail this is the best way, not simple but it sure work 100% perfectly =) also share your guide, maybe with step to step like mine guide and we can make a double section for it =)
With and without Hotmail Microsoft account =)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivan93tm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ivan93tm Ad-Free
1st March 2013, 07:07 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan93tm

All clear, i think you follow the procedure as Admin of pc (so not with hotmail account) and for the admin account your procedure is right but for people who want to keep sync with Hotmail this is the best way, not simple but it sure work 100% perfectly =) also share your guide, maybe with step to step like mine guide and we can make a double section for it =)
With and without Hotmail Microsoft account =)

No, I used my Hotmail account, I'm sure of it, I did it just two days ago
Anyway, I've just checked what kind of account I have, and it's Administrator. So I use Hotmail account as Admin on my PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to amoutie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amoutie Ad-Free
1st March 2013, 07:16 PM |#5  
Ivan93tm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lurano
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoutie

No, I used my Hotmail account, I'm sure of it, I did it just two days ago
Anyway, I've just checked what kind of account I have, and it's Administrator. So I use Hotmail account as Admin on my PC.

Same as mine, you're so luky XD for me didn't work =(
1st March 2013, 07:27 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan93tm

Same as mine, you're so luky XD for me didn't work =(

I forgot to tell that I also have already installed Sony PC Companion which provided basic drivers for Xperia U. If you allow me I'll write a new guide copying partially your guide for the part regarding booting in advanced mode, and you could then implement your guide with mine. I'll send it to you via pvm.
The Following User Says Thank You to amoutie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amoutie Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 10:53 AM |#7  
aslike2's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
I did it like this:
1. download flashtool and install
2. type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" in cmd and restart PC
3. install driver in the flashtool "drivers" folder, check fastboot, agree when prompts
4. type "bcdedit /set testsigning off" in cmd and restart PC
5. go to "x10flasher_lib" folder flash whatever you want
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aslike2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aslike2 Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 05:18 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslike2

I did it like this:
1. download flashtool and install
2. type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" in cmd and restart PC
3. install driver in the flashtool "drivers" folder, check fastboot, agree when prompts
4. type "bcdedit /set testsigning off" in cmd and restart PC
5. go to "x10flasher_lib" folder flash whatever you want

That's the cmd way to do what I did Just the 5 is different. To flash files you should put ftf files on x:\Flashtool installation folder\firmware\, then open Flashtool and when you click on "Flash" you have the entire list of files ready to be flashed. Just be carefull to what you choose (meaning, flash the right one ).
6th March 2013, 01:39 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
fast boot xperia u
im having problems unlocking my boot loader xperia u ....im using flash tool but but it is saying there are no drivers installed for fast boot or adb ...but i have searched every site and downloaded lodes of these drivers ...im running adroid 4.0.4 ..and using windows xp ....i can do flash mode fine just not fast boot please help please message me at cocoimmy@googlemail.com many thanks
8th March 2013, 09:52 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoimmy

im having problems unlocking my boot loader xperia u ....im using flash tool but but it is saying there are no drivers installed for fast boot or adb ...but i have searched every site and downloaded lodes of these drivers ...im running adroid 4.0.4 ..and using windows xp ....i can do flash mode fine just not fast boot please help please message me at cocoimmy@googlemail.com many thanks

Ok, this guide is for Windows 8 users, so there are differences with Windows XP. Try to install Pc Companion or Sony Update Service to have basic drivers. Then install Flashtool normally, install drivers from "C:\flashtool installation directory\driver, and try again.
10th April 2013, 11:16 AM |#11  
Junior Member
cairo
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thanks , helped me lot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes