FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[guide]To install Xperia fastboot driver on windows 8

167 posts
Thanks Meter: 93
 
By garvitdelhi, Senior Member on 16th September 2013, 09:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hey guys this is the new thread as the previous thread can not be monitored now as the owner of that thread @Ivan93tm don't have xperia go anymore


so here i start

requirements
  1. Download and install JDK tools form Java here.
  2. Download SDK android from this site.
  3. usb_driver.zip - 8.68 MB

for installing the new sdk in windows 8
  • extract the sdk to a convenient place
  • run sdk manager and download Extras file "google usb drivers".

if sdk manager don't run then follow these steps
  1. open sdk/tools/android.bat with your favorite editor.
  2. find this code
  3. set java_exe=
    call lib\find_java.bat
    if not defined java_exe goto :EOF
  4. then replace this with
  5. set java_exe="D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_07\bin\java.exe" (make sure you give your java.exe file path)
  6. save android.bat then run android.bat as administrator and you are done your sdk will run.

now follow the steps
  1. go to settings in windows 8 then go to general then in advanced setup click restart now.
  2. then go to troubleshoot --> Advanced option --> Startup settings --> Restart.
  3. then you will get a window with some options choose number 7. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
    • or you can do it through cmd lines.
    • open cmd as administrative.
    • type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and restart PC
    • and when bellow steps are done then at the end type this type "bcdedit /set testsigning off" in cmd and restart PC
  4. power off you phone.
  5. go to control panel --> system and Security --> System --> Device manager.
  6. now connect your phone in fastboot mode i.e connecting to usb while holding the volume + button
  7. USE USB 2.0 ONLY.
  8. now S1 fast boot device is appear click fastly on it and update driver.
  9. now when phone turn in normal mode unplag phone (keep open update driver windows).
  10. select driver from folder
  11. then select "chose manualy from a list of driver in computer".
  12. browse from disk and select "android_winusb.inf" from "...\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" and select "android bootloader interface.
  13. before click next plug again the phone in fastboot mode.
  14. click next and your done.

EDIT :

For WINDOWS 8.1

just update your windows from store
or download from here



credits to @Ivan93tm
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to garvitdelhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garvitdelhi Ad-Free
 
 
16th September 2013, 09:25 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 470
 
More
One had success with different method:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post45550695
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChikeD Ad-Free
16th September 2013, 09:29 PM |#3  
garvitdelhi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

One had success with different method:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post45550695

he used flashtool but flashtool doesn't work for all including me i tried installing driver using flashtool in bot win7 and win8 but failed and finally i choose this method
16th September 2013, 09:31 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 470
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvitdelhi

he used flashtool but flashtool doesn't work for all including me i tried installing driver using flashtool in bot win7 and win8 but failed and finally i choose this method

Didn't work for him either before he followed the procedure.
16th September 2013, 09:35 PM |#5  
garvitdelhi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

Didn't work for him either before he followed the procedure.

ok cool but i have the driver right now i am going to try that method on another pc if it gives success then i am going to add that method also using his permission
16th September 2013, 09:41 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 470
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvitdelhi

ok cool but i have the driver right now i am going to try that method on another pc if it gives success then i am going to add that method also using his permission

I don't think he is the one posted if first, ask him where he found it.
26th September 2013, 08:50 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question
I can't install because "S1 fast boot device" doesn't show up. The only thing that show up in Device Manager for me is "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration). Does anyone know what this means?
26th September 2013, 02:04 PM |#8  
garvitdelhi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by registradus

I can't install because "S1 fast boot device" doesn't show up. The only thing that show up in Device Manager for me is "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration). Does anyone know what this means?

Are you connecting your phone in fastboot mode .. ? and are you using usb 2.0 port
26th September 2013, 02:26 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvitdelhi

Are you connecting your phone in fastboot mode .. ? and are you using usb 2.0 port

Yeah I've tried everything. Connects fine normally.

tried

different USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0
enabling USB debugging mode
uninstalling drivers

Light on phone turns green, but then just goes into charging mode.

I'm on Windows 8 64
26th September 2013, 05:29 PM |#10  
garvitdelhi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by registradus

Yeah I've tried everything. Connects fine normally.

tried

different USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0
enabling USB debugging mode
uninstalling drivers

Light on phone turns green, but then just goes into charging mode.

I'm on Windows 8 64

green...??? it must be voilet or blue while pluging in your phone your phone must be switched off and then connect to usb whole pressing the volume up key not down
27th September 2013, 06:45 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvitdelhi

green...??? it must be voilet or blue while pluging in your phone your phone must be switched off and then connect to usb whole pressing the volume up key not down

Really? I've got Xperia U, PC Companion tells me to press volume down...

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvitdelhi

green...??? it must be voilet or blue while pluging in your phone your phone must be switched off and then connect to usb whole pressing the volume up key not down

Tried holdin volume up instead, light goes blue, but still get "USB device not recognised"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes