Xperia P - Accelerometer (Auto Rotate) Problem

Search This thread

culphy

Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys :D

My Xperia P is 3 days old and there's this weird problem that am unable to resolve.. please help me out..

Well.. Auto Rotate function is not working even after enabling it in the Settings Menu..

I am unable to play tilt/motion sensor games aswell.. so thought somethings wrong with the Accelerometer & performed the accelerometer service test .. and much to my surprise, I couldnt find any numbers/readings in the result even after placing my mobile on a flat surface.. It shows

x
y
z

no values :eek:

how can i fix it??

Last edited:

MadManMark

Nov 7, 2010
Repair using Sony pc companion, IF that doesnt work send it to Sony or retailer for a fix

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

armoghan

Apr 12, 2013
having the same problem

Repair using Sony pc companion, IF that doesnt work send it to Sony or retailer for a fix

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

Dear Brother, i having the same problem in my xperia p, its only 5 months used with extram care. but suddenly now i am facing this same error.
i need your help,
i guess its not an hardware issue, there is some wrong is software. i also update my phone but no luck.
please guide.

USAMA RIAZ

Sep 22, 2014
Hey guys :D

My Xperia P is 3 days old and there's this weird problem that am unable to resolve.. please help me out..

Well.. Auto Rotate function is not working even after enabling it in the Settings Menu..

I am unable to play tilt/motion sensor games aswell.. so thought somethings wrong with the Accelerometer & performed the accelerometer service test .. and much to my surprise, I couldnt find any numbers/readings in the result even after placing my mobile on a flat surface.. It shows

x
y
z

no values :eek:

how can i fix it??

AUTO ROTATION PROBLEM:
TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK OR ASK PROFESSIONAL !!!
I solved it by opening the phone and then tapping the gyro sensor IC a bit. It is the first ic on top of mother board after opening back. After that auto rotate started working and no problem uptill now.