[Kernel][Xperia P] ICX kernel RC-1 [Governess, I/O, Fast]

2,389 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,462

Post Reply Email Thread
[ Info ]
RC-1 Released

[ WARNING ]

Use this at your own risk!!
I am not responsible for any damange to your phone, pc, that you will get fired because alarm doesn't work

[ Features ]

- Overclock up to 1,15GHZ DON'T OVERCLOCK, JUST SELECT THE 1GHZ OPTION IN OVERCLOCK APP

- Cpu governess

- I/O Schedulers

- Recovery

- lots of new drivers

- Smooth

[ How to install ]

1. Download the boot.img
2. Flash it with fastboot (Fastboot flash boot boot.img)
3. Go to recovery, advanced and wipe dalvik cache!
4. reboot
5. ENJOY!!

READ THE FULL THREAD BEFORE ASKING ANY QUERIES OR REPORTING ANY BUGS/ISSUES

Credits:

Krabappel2548
Doomlord
KeiranFTW
Kamarush
ThJap!
Deepunknown
Shaan (S Advance)
Munjeni

my sources: https://github.com/nickholtus

Nick

If you want to user abt of thuis files, pm me first
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to nickholtus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickholtus Ad-Free

18th June 2012, 02:00 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Downloads:

Kernel: RC-1 Boot.img

just realised: this is my 1000ste post here on xda
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nickholtus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickholtus Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 02:00 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
RC-1

-Totally rebased the kernel

-Mainstream update 3.0.69

-Updated st-ericsson drivers

-Added lots of fixes (more then 80!)

-Added governers

-Added I/O schedulers

-A lot of other things!!!

-DONT USE OC, JUST USE THE 1 GHZ OPTION, otherwise system will lag. Will be removed in next version, this oc option was for test purposes)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nickholtus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickholtus Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 02:01 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
last one
The Following User Says Thank You to nickholtus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickholtus Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 03:21 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 39,780

Donate to Me
More
reserved..

just in case
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 03:56 PM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai / Kerala
Thanks Meter: 1,419

More
Are the sources for Xperia P and U out?
18th June 2012, 04:12 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
yes they are
19th June 2012, 08:41 AM |#8  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thanks!

Flashed kernel a few minutes ago, looking good so far. I'm using smartassv2 governor and deadline scheduler, no overclock.
Hopefully there won't be any bugs to report

Just one thing: it would probably be a good idea to post stock WiFi modules, for those folks that may want to go back from your kernel to the stock one.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Aaargh... scratch that, there are some issues with the new governors:
Scrolling in LauncherPro (between screens, in the app drawer) is jerky. Also in Pulse News and Pocket (ReadItLater), although not as bad as with the launcher.

It's the same for smartassv2, minmax, interactive.
Ondemand and performance are fine, smartass (not v2) is a bit better but still laggy.

Also, the device is slow to wake up, with any governor: takes about 2-3sec for the screen to turn on, after pressing the power button.

EDIT- forgot to mention, I'm running KA02 ROM... there may be conflicts with one of the init.d scripts that come with the ROM.
Would appreciate it if anyone running stock firmware would test the kernel and report back.
19th June 2012, 09:00 AM |#9  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lommel
Thanks Meter: 16,263

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezarL

Thanks!

Flashed kernel a few minutes ago, looking good so far. I'm using smartassv2 governor and deadline scheduler, no overclock.
Hopefully there won't be any bugs to report

Just one thing: it would probably be a good idea to post stock WiFi modules, for those folks that may want to go back from your kernel to the stock one.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Aaargh... scratch that, there are some issues with the new governors:
Scrolling in LauncherPro (between screens, in the app drawer) is jerky. Also in Pulse News and Pocket (ReadItLater), although not as bad as with the launcher.

It's the same for smartassv2, minmax, interactive.
Ondemand and performance are fine, smartass (not v2) is a bit better but still laggy.

Also, the device is slow to wake up, with any governor: takes about 2-3sec for the screen to turn on, after pressing the power button.

EDIT- forgot to mention, I'm running KA02 ROM... there may be conflicts with one of the init.d scripts that come with the ROM.
Would appreciate it if anyone running stock firmware would test the kernel and report back.

The new governors just aren't optimized yet for new Xperia devices

It has nothing to do with the tweaks, but I can try to add some specific tweaks for the new governors, it might help

Sent from my MT15i using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krabappel2548 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2012, 12:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabappel2548

The new governors just aren't optimized yet for new Xperia devices

It has nothing to do with the tweaks, but I can try to add some specific tweaks for the new governors, it might help

Sent from my MT15i using XDA

Choice is good, but so many governors? I am no expert on this matter, which is exactly my point. Someone with a good understanding on how governors work should add options for, say, three scenario's:
- Performance. When needed, throttle to max. overclocked speed and switch to faster speeds sooner
- Medium, scenario between energy saving and performance.
- Energysaving. Do not overclock, set the clock the lowest setting possible when screen off, sleep mode and use moderate throttling just enough to ensure the device doesn't feel laggy but isn't as snappy as Performance.

Or.. post the settings for these scenario's here
The Following User Says Thank You to woutur For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift woutur Ad-Free
19th June 2012, 01:07 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
hi,

i just added 4 governes
most of them are stock
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kernel, xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)