9th January 2013, 08:21 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 3,496

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olujnap316

thanks chew for the tip, il try this, but new kernel v6.1 has a bug, no deep sleep

Bro there is no such bug, this kernel is the same as version 6, I only added two lines of code so the compiler sees the new IO schedulers that I forgot to add for version 6.
I'm also confused, you mentioned it here, and on the original thread, so which rom are you using now

9th January 2013, 08:21 AM |#12  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason85

Did this (very painstakingly) in the phone terminal, rebooted- no change. I guess I wait for next update :/

also, above poster is right - no deep sleep

Eason85 is wrong, there is deep sleep

I tried it again, I get "failed: cross-device link 255|app_38@android", when I try to edit permissions or install it tells me it's a read-only file system, but I'm root already...

I re-su'd and then tried again, I got "syntax error: 'newline' unexpected app_28@android: /system/lib/modules" then again and it's a read-only file system
The Following User Says Thank You to Eason85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eason85 Ad-Free
9th January 2013, 08:23 AM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Damascus

Donate to Me
More
I need someone to test for me, I will be making changes to the ramdisk to make it auto install those modules. who can help me with testing please?
9th January 2013, 08:36 AM |#14  
Flag Bangkok

More
I'd be happy to test, though I might not have time for the next 4-6 hours.

I'm having issues with adbshell but I'm not sure if it's cm 9.1 or the sd-card mounter's problem. It seems that whether MTP or MSD I can only access the command line while the auto-run dialogue of plugging the phone in is up. Once that is closed I lose my adb link and it immediately says device not found. Strange.
9th January 2013, 09:22 AM |#15  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepUnknown

Bro there is no such bug, this kernel is the same as version 6, I only added two lines of code so the compiler sees the new IO schedulers that I forgot to add for version 6.
I'm also confused, you mentioned it here, and on the original thread, so which rom are you using now

im using the latest firmware .75 im also confused, il try to flash the kernel again...maybe it was just a flux or something
9th January 2013, 10:43 AM |#16  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Damascus

Donate to Me
More
As for current issues I'm having a strong feeling they are related to drivers, though I wont make it as the main reason for having those issues. Yet I will see what to be done but so far I've done many things and yet those issues remain. let's hope Sony release the new source code so we can finally find out what is causing the issue
also this kernel is built for CM roms you WILL face issues while using it with stock rom

@Eason85 As for your issue did you have such thing while using CM kernel?!
To be honest this kernel is the same as the one I made for stock rom, the only difference is the ramdisk.
I will be compiling it from FXP source but I found they are the same (my kernel and their kernel)
but maybe FXP made some changes to work with their rom.
I will be doing another build from their source code
9th January 2013, 11:58 AM |#17  
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepUnknown

As for current issues I'm having a strong feeling they are related to drivers, though I wont make it as the main reason for having those issues. Yet I will see what to be done but so far I've done many things and yet those issues remain. let's hope Sony release the new source code so we can finally find out what is causing the issue
also this kernel is built for CM roms you WILL face issues while using it with stock rom

@Eason85 As for your issue did you have such thing while using CM kernel?!
To be honest this kernel is the same as the one I made for stock rom, the only difference is the ramdisk.
I will be compiling it from FXP source but I found they are the same (my kernel and their kernel)
but maybe FXP made some changes to work with their rom.
I will be doing another build from their source code

I can't know for sure because I never tried to use adb shell on FXP's kernel.
9th January 2013, 05:59 PM |#18  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 836

More
just ran a test version with wifi included in ramdisk... flawless

now to leave my phone overnight and hope the battery is enough for the alarm

@DeepUnknown: tks again my friend for a wonderful kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chewdaniel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chewdaniel Ad-Free
9th January 2013, 06:01 PM |#19  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Damascus

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewdaniel

just ran a test version with wifi included in ramdisk... flawless

now to leave my phone overnight and hope the battery is enough for the alarm

@DeepUnknown: tks again my friend for a wonderful kernel

Your welcome, I'm happy wifi issue got fixed
Now let's work on making this kernel more battery friendly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmarBizreh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2013, 06:26 PM |#20  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Hey deep can you make your kernel CWM flashable it makes things easier

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk 2
9th January 2013, 06:44 PM |#21  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 836

More
testing with OnDemand + ROW
The Following User Says Thank You to chewdaniel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chewdaniel Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fxp, kernel, xperia p

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)