Sent from my MT27i using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364149011675.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364149011675.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 283

Mokiwipeout

Dec 2, 2012
Re: [Kernel][Sony Xperia Sola][March - 24] Sliding_XSola [Stock]

Thanks I will be working on it once I'm back home :)

There are additional governors and IO schedulers in this kernel, unless there are some I'm missing that you know about, it would be great if you give me names.
As for overclocking there is NO WAY I will be adding them no matter what, I bricked my Xperia P just by overclocking it to 1.2GHz I don't want to risk other's devices, even if it will not brick another device, but losing my device is enough, if some of my kernel users bricked their device because of overclocking I'm not going to take any responsibility + I know what it feels like having a bricked device. Not to mention so far I found users are extremely happy with the performance they got from this kernel, I still don't understand why you want overclocking?

Well, I find oc always useful(although it can be dangerous), but if u are afraid of doing that then I am fine with it... About governors, I guess u could go to the op of this thread, read some governors possibly search about them and choose some of them.
Link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827428
Also, whenever someone installs something that is found on this site he MUST be aware of the fact that no one knows what may happen and that the only responsible for it will be the devices owner...

Sent from my MT27i using xda premium

Last edited:

matood

Oct 8, 2009

Well, I find oc always useful(although it can be dangerous), but if u are afraid of doing that then I am fine with it... About governors, I guess u could go to the op of this thread, read some governors possibly search about them and choose some of them.
Link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827428
Also, whenever someone installs something that is found on this site he MUST be aware of the fact that no one knows what may happen and that the only responsible for it will be the devices owner...

I did a lot of overclocking on desktops, I optimized that and get proper cooling. Its a very complex process involving a lot of offert to keep it on safe side. Sometimes you need to open windows where is minus 15 to keep it cool ;)
With this kernel I dont have feeling, that I need overclock. Its exactly as it should be from factory and what I wanted.
I tried different kernels and even overclocked but there was always one problem, even if you setup max overclock values to 1Ghz it always revert back to max, whatever it was.

Mokiwipeout

Dec 2, 2012

I did a lot of overclocking on desktops, I optimized that and get proper cooling. Its a very complex process involving a lot of offert to keep it on safe side. Sometimes you need to open windows where is minus 15 to keep it cool ;)
With this kernel I dont have feeling, that I need overclock. Its exactly as it should be from factory and what I wanted.
I tried different kernels and even overclocked but there was always one problem, even if you setup max overclock values to 1Ghz it always revert back to max, whatever it was.

Hmmm which app are u using, because I encounter the same problem but after a reboot everything is ok. I am using cpu master pro

pukhrajsoni

Dec 10, 2012
New Delhi
Flashed the kernel, its quite fast
problems
1. after flashing it, I did not loose phone root? is it ok??
2. phone says an update (B1.54) is available?

mirost1

Nov 10, 2009
Blagoevgrad
I flashed CM kernel, it booted, it said 6 applications upgrading, and freezed at starting applications...

EDIT: it booted, unfortunately android.phone has stopped and thats it, i click ok and it say it again and again???

Last edited:

OmarBizreh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 26, 2011
Damascus
plus.google.com
but I haven't yet made the kernel for CM, so far it's only for stock, I'm now working on the CM kernel, will upload it once it's done :)
I'm kinda shocked how the stock one booted, the init file in stock kernel is way different than the one in CM kernel so in that case the kernel shouldn't boot. it's gonna take some time, I'm getting download speed of 8KB !!! so upload speed for sure aint going to be higher than 10KB :(

Edit:
CM version download link: Sliding_XSola CM

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kernel Features:
    • Based on Sony Latest Source Code: 6.1.1.B.1.54 / .56 / .75/ 6.2.A.0.400.
    • Based on Linux Kernel Source Code: 3.0.78. (JellyBean kernel is still 3.0.08)
    • Compiled Using Linaro 4.7
    • FXP Recovery
    • Init.d Support.
    • Auto Root.
    • Auto Install for Wi-Fi Modules.
    • Good Battery Life.
    • NTFS Support
    • CIFS Support
    • Clean-Cache Support
    • ext 2 / 3 / 4 Support.
    • Kernel Image Compressed Using LZO.
    • Governors:

• Conservative
      • Dynamic Interactive
      • HotPlug
      • HotPlugX
      • Interactive
      • InteractiveX
      • Lazy
      • Lionheart
      • LulzActiveq
      • MinMax
      • Nightmare
      • onDemand
      • onDemandX
      • onDemandQ
      • Pegasusq
      • Powersave
      • Performance
      • Scary
      • Sakuractive
      • SmarassV2
      • Userspace
      • Wheatley
    • IO schedulers:

• VR
      • SIO
      • Row
      • Zen
      • Deadline
      • CFQ
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Things you MUST know about:
    • None so far :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recommended Governor - I/O Schduler for best performance and battery life.
    • You tell me, I can't make the decision since i don't own the device.
    Recommended For All Users:
    • To get better graphics score for 2D graphics, go to: Settings -> Developer Options -> Force GPU 2D Rendering
      I used to get 270 in benchmarking score for 2D Graphics, but after enabling it, I started getting above 970 (That was the case on Xperia P)
    Known Issues:
    • Auto Root script is not working so I had to remove it from the kernel for now, please refer to 2nd post for rooting :)
    Credits:
    • Thanks To Sony for: Kernel Source Code.
    • Thanks To @DooMLoRD for: Auto Root Script & Init.d Enabler Script.
    • Thanks To @matood for: Helping me in testing.
    • Special Thanks To @FXP For The Source Code.
    • Special Thanks To @alivanov79 For His Ramdisk.
    Always Remember:
    • Please Don't mirror my files, I like to keep track of download count. :)
    • Report Bugs in this thread and I will fix them as soon as possible.
    • If you like my kernel please rate it :)
    • If you like my work and would like to support me ( Here ) I appreciate it :)
    Change Log in Second Post:
    Download Link: (Clearing Cache and Dalvik-Cache recommended)
    Old Releases:
    How To Flash
    • fastboot flash boot name_of_file_you_downloaded.img
    • You need an unlocked bootloader to use this kernel :)
    Sources: Github
    Version 4 (Stock ONLY) Change Log
    • ICS kernel links for CM9.1 & Stock included in Download section of this post.
    • v4 is for Stock JellyBean ONLY. v3.x & v2 are for ICS ONLY
    • Based on FXP source code for CM10
    • All features of ICS kernel included
    • All Governors & IO Schedulers of ICS kernel also included (maybe I missed on or two, but the important ones are there :) )
    • irq: Set CPU affinity as soon as the irq thread is created [1]
    • ARM: decompressor: Enable unaligned memory access for v6 and above [2]
    • Source code will be uploaded tomorrow :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Explanation for [1] & [2]
    • [1] In an embedded target where IRQ affinities are pre-configured during
      boot-time (and not modified through /proc/irq/../smp_affinity) during
      run-time, the extra latency due to irq_thread_check_affinity can be
      avoided during processing of the first interrupt with this patch.

• [2] Modern GCC can generate code which makes use of the CPU's native
      unaligned memory access capabilities. This is useful for the C
      decompressor implementations used for unpacking compressed kernels.

This patch disables alignment faults and enables the v6 unaligned
      access model on CPUs which support these features (i.e., v6 and
      later), allowing full unaligned access support for C code in the
      decompressor.

The decompressor C code must not be built to assume that unaligned
      access works if support for v5 or older platforms is included in
      the kernel.

For correct code generation, C decompressor code must always use
      the get_unaligned and put_unaligned accessors when dealing with
      unaligned pointers, regardless of this patch.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Side Note
    • You may have heard of XDA - DevCon, well I got an invitation to that event but my only issue is I'm financially tied.
    Download
    Rooting Your Device:
    • Flash this via CWM and your device will be rooted
    • Only flash the file above if your device is not rooted :)
    • The file linked above is for the SuperSU app by Chainfire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Change Log:

------------------------------------------------
    [9-4-2013] Version 3.3
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Fixed remaining bugs.
    • Improve performance.
    • Improve battery life.
    [5-4-2013] Version 3.2
    • Added new governors: OnDemandQ - Hotplug (got it from a different source) -
      InteractiveTest (it's the same as InteractiveX but got it from a different source,
      please test it and tell me if it's better than the already included interactiveX)
    • Some under the hood changes :)
    [29/3/2013] Version 3.1:
    • Added Nightmare and Lulzactiveq governors.
    • Updated to latest Linux Kernel Source Code: 3.0.71.
    • Fix current issues.
    [27/3/2013] Version 3:
    • Compiled Using Linaro 4.7
    • Updated to latest Linux Kernel Source Code: 3.0.70.
    • Fix current issues.
    [25/3/2013] Version 2:
    • Added all missing functions in OP.
    • Few more modifications for better performance.
    [23/3/2013] Version 1:
    • Initial Release.

Version 3.4 (Stock & CM) Change Log
    • Updated linux kernel source code to 3.0.78
    • Enabled zCache and zRam
    • Added missing flags for a complete -O2 optimization..
    • Enabled Cleancache.
    Download
    Side Note
    • You may have heard of XDA - DevCon, well I got an invitation to that event but my only issue is I'm financially tied. This kernel got 600+ downloads for v3.3 (and 10$ donations which I'm really grateful for :) donations are calculated for each version.), I really appreciate it if at least each one of you guys donate a 1$ so I can afford paying for the plane ticket :).
    • Special Thanks To: @matood & @itachilinux, they where always here for help :)
    who said I "dislike " this kernel??? I like it, a lot!... its the best I found so far. What I would like is to have back CWM touch with this Kernel.
    Tought I could just install CWM touch 5.5, but I can not. That is why I asked for the dev help. No offense pretended.

no offence taken my friend, itachilinux point was:
    Kernel development takes lots of time and hardwork, and no one on this forum is forcing people to use specific kernel / rom / mod ..etc
    so if someone doesn't like what he got from a certain kernel / rom / mod on this forum he can simply use another one without providing a feedback with negative attitude.

I'm not talking about your comment where you asked for the CWM touch version you have the right to add requests, but I've seen lots of negative attitudes from users and some from Recognized devs trying to just devastate someone to push him to a point where he stops doing what he is doing (and it happened on S3 forum a dev pulled out all of his work for the S3 just because of such attitudes)
    a recognized dev on xperia p started rating my kernel as bad, and attacking, because his kernel was the best custom kernel before I came and made my Sliding_XP, that's when competition started for him.

I'm still trying to find a way to bypass the block Google put on Syrian IP Addresses preventing them from accessing AOSP servers. For now I will do what @pukhrajsoni suggested, make a version without recovery so you guys can install the touch recovery, hopping I can find a way to be able to download CWM source code and apply the touch patch on it and include it in my kernel :)

Remember we are here to help and get help :)