FORUMS

Review: Sony Xperia X Performance Case SCR56

6,288 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,106

By kms108, Senior Member on 15th July 2016, 03:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just got hold of the new Xperia SCR56 case for the X performance, the case was and still in limited supply worldwide since the launch of the phone mid of last month, Finally got hold of the Rose Gold color version.

Front flip cover is made of soft rubbery PC type material, center part being thicker to fit within the frame of the case, whiles the edge of the flip cover is slightly thinner to overlap the edge of the case, well the design isn't good, as the phone thickness makes the flip cover stick slightly out of the case.

You get a matt finished surface and seethrough display, there is a big cut out on the covers for the sensors, front camera and one speaker, the top part is cut out so big, that it isn't really neccessory, but I think the purpose was to show the Sony brand name without having to etched the Sony name on the flip cover, the bottom has a cut out for the other speaker. Inside the flip cover is a magnet sensor to connect to the phone.

The main body of the case is a plastic frame covered with soft PU leather material, smal cut out for the headphone socket, mic, large cut out from the USB area and a large cut out for the power button, but no cut out for the camera and volume button, inside the case is layared with a soft felt material and within the case there is a NFC tag to enable the style cover app on the phone.

Back has one cutout from the camera and LED which they are separated with a plastic frame.

The phone fits in the case quite well, even if you use a full coverage PET protector, you shouldn`t have problems with the edge lifting, but the use of a glass protector is a no go, it will be too thick, and you probably won't be able to close the cover, it's also best to turn on the glove mode whiles using the cover, as the sensitivity isn't that good, and you do get a slight lag.

You won't get much features with the case, but you do lose one feature, so if you love the double tap wake up, it won't work, and to get the extra feature you need to enable the NFC for a one off connection, this will bring out the style cover icon into the menu, then the NFC can be switched off. The only feature you will get is a brightness control whiles the cover is closed, there is 4 settings from OFF, LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH. This only adjust the brightness whiles the cover is opened or closed.

You can use the cover even without enabling this feature, but the brightness does not change.

Overall the cover is well built but not worth the money, probably best to wait for a knock off, unbranded or a third party brand case that offers the feature at a much lower price.

On the side note if you do want to get one, I can say the black is probably the best choice, the other three color will probably get dirty or stained quickly if you have them in your jeans.

Here is some photo's for you to see, and please don't ask for a link, there is no link available.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kms108 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kms108 Ad-Free
18th July 2016, 01:13 PM |#2  
Flag Sarov
Thanks Meter: 439

Donate to Me
More
thx. but can u post photo in more hight resolution?
19th July 2016, 10:00 AM |#3  
Flag Sarov

Donate to Me
More
clickable
20th July 2016, 02:03 AM |#4  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 430

More
@Desperanto86

Can you provide a link to purchase?

Sent from my F8132 using XDA-Developers mobile app
20th July 2016, 01:09 PM |#5  
Flag Sarov

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie7107

@Desperanto86

Can you provide a link to purchase?

http://www.svyaznoy.ru/search/?q=scr56
The Following User Says Thank You to Desperanto86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desperanto86 Ad-Free
21st July 2016, 05:12 AM |#6  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 430

More
Unfortunately, no delivery outside Russia.

21st July 2016, 06:24 AM |#7  
Flag Sarov

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

try to search in sony store or ebay
21st July 2016, 01:02 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperanto86

thx. but can u post photo in more hight resolution?

These were hi resolution, but I think tinypic site I use just down grade them.
21st July 2016, 01:05 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperanto86

try to search in sony store or ebay

Many sony stores don't mail outside of there country, how are you liking it, do you get the lag, or sometimes no reaction to touch.
21st July 2016, 01:07 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

They are starting to roll out, just give it some time, although many places are still limited in stock.
21st July 2016, 01:09 PM |#11  
Flag Sarov

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

Many sony stores don't mail outside of there country, how are you liking it, do you get the lag, or sometimes no reaction to touch.

touch works very good. no lags or wrong touches
The Following User Says Thank You to Desperanto86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desperanto86 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)