FORUMS

[Bootloader unlock no] what are my options for rooting and/or removing bloatwares?

114 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By abubin, Senior Member on 15th February 2019, 09:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just got a used x performance docomo SO-04H. Been doing a lot of reading in this forum and found that my phone's bootloader cannot be unlocked.

That means essentially I cannot root, cannot TWRP and pretty much anything else.

First thing first, I would like to remove all the Japanese bloatwares in the phone. Found a link from here with scripts to do this without root. Still have not done this yet. Planning to do more reading before diving in.

Second, is there anyway to root the phone without unlocking the bootloader? Some says no and some says yes (but didn't provide the link).

Appreciate any help from kind community members here.

Hmm..can I even flash to global firmware? It seems without unlocking bootloader, I cannot even do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to abubin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abubin Ad-Free
18th February 2019, 02:16 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Update. I have run the bloatware removal script provided by other helpful forummer here. From there, I also removed a lot of other bloatwares related to Docomo. The system is very clean now but storage usage is still quite high. Around 37%. Apart from that not many other issues. I think I will use it a bit and will flash to Global rom later.

This is a good phone. Just that the battery is a bit small and it won't last a day with high usage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abubin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abubin Ad-Free
19th February 2019, 02:10 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abubin

Update. I have run the bloatware removal script provided by other helpful forummer here. From there, I also removed a lot of other bloatwares related to Docomo. The system is very clean now but storage usage is still quite high. Around 37%. Apart from that not many other issues. I think I will use it a bit and will flash to Global rom later.

This is a good phone. Just that the battery is a bit small and it won't last a day with high usage.

Can you please tell me what script is that, I run the script from Xperia X forum and it's not working
10th March 2019, 04:20 PM |#4  
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:

If you can't unlock the bootloader, then forget the global ROM.
21st March 2019, 07:59 PM |#5  

More
Quote:

Can you please explain how you remove application..?? I also want to remove its Japanese applications.
The Following User Says Thank You to tariqdubai029 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tariqdubai029 Ad-Free
27th May 2020, 04:18 AM |#7  

More
you can flash a global rom to it but NFC won't work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)