FORUMS

Xperia X Performance (F8132) Accelerometer failure & Screen Auto-rotate irresponsive

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

I got an issue bothering me since I bought Xperia X Perfomance (F8132) Mid June.
The auto rotate function failed after a while but everything goes fine after reboot.
When it fails, I use "Xperia Service Menu" -> "Service Tests" -> "Accelerometer",
then all X,Y,Z are zero and the ball just sticks and freezes at mid.

I bought from Taiwan and I can find 15 more people having the same symptom with me on 2 forums
( http://mobile01.com and http://gamer.com.tw ).
Hence I don't think it's only me and it's a common issue or common yield problem for Xperia X Perfomance.

I post here because I'd like to find more people with the same issue and raise the attention of SONY in order to find the root cause (i guess it's either over-heat causes this or accelerometer yield issue) and give a patch.

Now I'm using a APP "Rotation Control" to workaround this, but all photos cannot records correct orientation data and no auto-rotate is kinda inconvenient.

For a flag-ship and high-priced cellphone for SONY this year, it is very disappointing to me.

Version: 35.0.A.1.227 and 35.0.A.1.238 both occur
The Following User Says Thank You to huangjs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huangjs Ad-Free
21st July 2016, 03:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huangjs

Hi All,

I got an issue bothering me since I bought Xperia X Perfomance (F8132) Mid June.
The auto rotate function failed after a while but everything goes fine after reboot.
When it fails, I use "Xperia Service Menu" -> "Service Tests" -> "Accelerometer",
then all X,Y,Z are zero and the ball just sticks and freezes at mid.

I bought from Taiwan and I can find 15 more people having the same symptom with me on 2 forums
( http://mobile01.com and http://gamer.com.tw ).
Hence I don't think it's only me and it's a common issue or common yield problem for Xperia X Perfomance.

I post here because I'd like to find more people with the same issue and raise the attention of SONY in order to find the root cause (i guess it's either over-heat causes this or accelerometer yield issue) and give a patch.

Now I'm using a APP "Rotation Control" to workaround this, but all photos cannot records correct orientation data and no auto-rotate is kinda inconvenient.

For a flag-ship and high-priced cellphone for SONY this year, it is very disappointing to me.

Version: 35.0.A.1.227 and 35.0.A.1.238 both occur

I also have that problem. No more auto-rotation after a while (1-2 days) . Only a reboot fixes that
21st July 2016, 05:47 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiLeon

I also have that problem. No more auto-rotation after a while (1-2 days) . Only a reboot fixes that

Thank you for letting us know.
It shows it's not a regional FW issue but a global HW or FW one.

I wonder if SONY knowing this. If not, we need to address this and push SONY to work it around.
And if it is not workaroundable, SONY will have a big problem.
4th August 2016, 06:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same issue on my Xperia X (F5121) bought in Sweden. Haven't checked the accelerometer but the behaviour is the same and reboot is only fix.
4th August 2016, 11:15 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
I have not had any problems with auto rotation, my accelerometer works fine but my touch screen is messed up

Sent from my F8131 using XDA-Developers mobile app
5th August 2016, 02:17 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot

I have not had any problems with auto rotation, my accelerometer works fine but my touch screen is messed up

Same
20th August 2016, 06:34 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot

Can you specify "messed up"? I've had issues with the touch screen also, mostly that it registers a tap while I'm scrolling resulting in involuntary tapping on links. Also it often takes a while to start scrolling, as if the screen has a hard time recognising the swipe.
7th October 2016, 10:58 AM |#8  

More
I have the same problem. The accelerometer stop working 15 minutes after reboot.

Help me verify if is caused by a third party app or not.

Use your phone in safe mode for a while.
9th October 2016, 04:59 AM |#9  

More
I'm from Hong Kong, the accelerometer and its auto-rotation of my x performance has the same problem that it won't work until i reboot my phone.
I dont think that is caused by a app crashing when the problems occuring in all around the world.
The issue didnt come to me when I was not yet update to 35.0.A.1.282. Please notice this problem SONY. It seriously affected the satisfaction from user of the phone from your brand.
11th October 2016, 10:21 AM |#10  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 97

More
There is a topic on the Sony support forum - see here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...58490#U1158490

At least they are aware of the problem. As soon as it happens again on my phone, I will send them my logs. I will report any development...
The Following User Says Thank You to webwude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift webwude Ad-Free
18th October 2016, 04:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It seems that I uninstall the AR effects in my phone and reboot, it works again
The Following User Says Thank You to roylamnext For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roylamnext Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
accelerometer, auto-rotate, sony, xperia x performance, xxp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)