Sailfish OS on X

Search This thread

brokenbike

Dec 7, 2017
16 GB free after fresh install on 32GB F5121

I goto a new xperia x, intalled the 13 updates from sony after which 15/32 GB was not available. I suspect a fresh android install should take about 2 GB and sailfish should take 2GB.

How do I get some of the space back now that I have sailfish installed?

v/r

Pike

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

I found an explanation, but not a solutions.
'https://together.jolla.com/question/168968/xperia-x-internal-storage/'

I goto a new xperia x, intalled the 13 updates from sony after which 15/32 GB was not available. I suspect a fresh android install should take about 2 GB and sailfish should take 2GB.

How do I get some of the space back now that I have sailfish installed?

v/r

Pike

albego

Mar 11, 2014
Cambio de binarios.

Change of binaries.

Hi: Could we use the binaries of android 7 instead of android 6 ???? . I think that this way will work the fingerprint and other functions that now do not go well or do not exist in sailfish.
Apart from this, it seems that this OS is very stopped. It's as if they wanted to leave it ... it sounds like halk 1, whose project fell into oblivion after an apparent revolution.
Well, if someone can answer me, I will thank you with a:
Thank you thank you thank you. I am not alone.

Last edited:

Meloferz

En realidad cada dos semanas hay reuniones con los desarrolladores de Jolla en IRC, avanza lento el proyecto... Pero de a poco va madurando, con respecto a usar los binarios de Android 7, según comentaron los de Jolla aún tienen cosas pendientes antes de trabajar con los nuevos

Every two weeks there are meetings with the developers from Jolla in IRC, the project goes... But slowly... But little a little is growing up in being more mature, about using android 7 binaries, Jolla said that they still working on a lot of things, once they can they said they will work on the newer binary

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

dmn.apashu

Apr 18, 2016
Bucharest
Hey, sorry for jumping in like this.

But, can someone explain to me the difference between the Paid 50e version of Sailfish X and the free version of Sailfish X (besides support.. what is that anyway, MS Exchange and Android Apps Compatibility)?

I want to first try out Sailfish X without paying first, and then get the the paid one (because I need the MS Exchange support mainly and one or two android apps).

It happens that I have a Sony Xperia X single sim version and that I am really paranoid about android and ios.. also.. disliking the os' (preferred win10 mobile and symbians) . So... yeah, i thought to myself why not.

One last thing, will I get OTA updates? Andddd is the installation procces for the unpaid Sailfish X the same as with the paid Sailfish X? Anddd are there any differences between Sailfish X and Sailfish OS (any other devices that "officially" runs this OS).

Thanks,
Andrei.

HEKER510

Dec 2, 2012
forum.xperia.cz
Anyone flash Sailfish os for xperia X ????????? post 1 and instructions is jolla is bad open window and crash 5sec
I need help with installation SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15.tar
Anyone help brothers install of Windows 10 please brothers help my
help my how text command thanx you all :(

Meloferz

Anyone flash Sailfish os for xperia X ????????? post 1 and instructions is jolla is bad open window and crash 5sec
I need help with installation SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15.tar
Anyone help brothers install of Windows 10 please brothers help my
help my how text command thanx you all :(
Hope this will help you:
https://jolla.com/sailfishx-windows-instructions/

Last edited:

HEKER510

Dec 2, 2012
forum.xperia.cz
@Meloferz
How installed google play store i cant install anyone please help
jolla .com is tuttorial i cant this tuttorial cant instaled google play how to installed google play,google servis,google framework
anybody helping pleasseeeeeee ????????????????? :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Meloferz

@Meloferz
How installed google play store i cant install anyone please help
jolla .com is tuttorial i cant this tuttorial cant instaled google play how to installed google play,google servis,google framework
anybody helping pleasseeeeeee ????????????????? :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
You have to buy a Jolla licence to install dalvik to run android apps

Reactions: HEKER510

SahilCrazy

Jan 6, 2015
Yes. Thank you.
Go away and die under your bridge, when getting no money for your work.

Hope you feel very proud now about your useless comment. If he doesn't want to pay the 50 bucks, he just doesn't want to.

Now that's not a free ticket for you to throw those words on another one's head, especially not the things you wrote there.

If you don't want to help anybody just keep your useless words and minds for yourself.

Reactions: _marwan.8

ignore1

Jul 8, 2013
Hey, sorry for jumping in like this.

But, can someone explain to me the difference between the Paid 50e version of Sailfish X and the free version of Sailfish X (besides support.. what is that anyway, MS Exchange and Android Apps Compatibility)?

I want to first try out Sailfish X without paying first, and then get the the paid one (because I need the MS Exchange support mainly and one or two android apps).

It happens that I have a Sony Xperia X single sim version and that I am really paranoid about android and ios.. also.. disliking the os' (preferred win10 mobile and symbians) . So... yeah, i thought to myself why not.

One last thing, will I get OTA updates? Andddd is the installation procces for the unpaid Sailfish X the same as with the paid Sailfish X? Anddd are there any differences between Sailfish X and Sailfish OS (any other devices that "officially" runs this OS).

Thanks,
Andrei.

Can somebody please answer that questions? Im intrested too )

moist_line

Sep 18, 2014
Been reading around and need confirmation if this will work with US tmobile network. I might consider buying this phone if it does.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    do you have any status when you going for the new .img

plus only let u know that file has problem with the md5sum i had to use another...
    when you try to install.

having some issues with some errors atm so no eta. this version has no apk support or any native whatsapps
    Updated the link to sfos 2.1.2.3 and new instructions. this build needs to be a fresh start after this OTA will be easy to do :)
    keep going till then, also ive updated the above link
    i never make something like this in MacOS (i have Macbook Air, but also with Windows), can you write step by step how to make it. This is something totally new for me (i flashed hundreds of XPERIA smartphones, i have Emma tool, but never try this...)

Sure thing :)

First of all your bootloader needs to be unlocked. I'm assuming you already did that but if not you should read about backuping your drm-keys because otherwise they can't be recovered after unlocking your bootloader unless you do that.

If you don't have fastboot installed yet follow this guide.

After that download the first file linked at the top of this thread.

Unpack the archive (if you can't open it I recommend "the unarchiver" from the app-store).

Place both this file and the zip from the third link at the top in the unpacked folder (in the path where the flash.sh is). Don't unpack the .zip file!

After that open a terminal and navigate to your unpacked folder (if you don't know how to do that google for "terminal tutorial mac").

Run
    Code:
    chmod +x flash.sh
    chmod +x make_ext4fs
    to mark the flash-script and the make_ext4fs-file as executable.

Boot your device into fastboot mode (hold volume up while it's turned off and plug in your usb-cable) and finally run

Code:
    ./flash.sh

to install sailfishOS on the device.

If there is a "hybris-recovery.img" file in the directory (can't quite remember if that's the case with this build) also run

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery hybris-recovery.img

to install a sailfishOS specific recovery.

After that you can reboot your device and enjoy Sailfish OS :)