Downgrade from N to MM

Search This thread

max26292

May 23, 2016
Ho Chi Minh
Download from a websiye don't make the MM firmware yourself, that's why you're probably getting errors

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

If u do some research, you would have found that i posted an image of the script. When the message on flashtool comes up abou a script press

Please mease refer to my other posts on how i downgraded

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Please do some research before u post because you could find anwsers. If u made your own MM it may have issues, downoad it from a site. Im sure i had the same error and i just let it run.
That problem was fixed by copy and paste script =-= guys and I is the guys who help you fix that =-=

Reactions: remar786

kyntoxicity

Jun 27, 2014
How about From Oreo to MM?

Is it possible to downgrade directly to MM. Any?
I regret of all the upgrading. :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nop didn't wipe anything. Still don't know how this new flashtool works :/

When you do a downgrade you need to select everything in WIPE section. You can try leaveing the UserData unticked (hopefully it won't bootloop) but it would be safer to wipe it clean.
    Try different MM FW , or try again same, I got bootloop also on first time, second time it worked and I was able to get DRM keys out. When you flashed did you checked eveything on Wipe Sin table?
    Nop didn't wipe anything. Still don't know how this new flashtool works :/

Try the dirtycow https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/universal-dirtycow-based-ta-backup-t3514236
    I am using the kernel DRM fix since I nuked my keys first thing I got my phone.

CONFIRMATION OF TA RESTORE!
    - Ran tool on Xperia X
    - Unlocked bootloader
    - Flashed TWRP
    - Booted to system
    - Got nag about being unsafe due to unlocked bootloader and wanted password. I don't have a pasword?? (nevermind)
    - Booted back to TWRP (Also wants a password due to encrypted data - ignored!)
    - Pushed TAbackup.img (I renamed it) to /data/local/tmp and verified md5sum is same as original backup.
    - Did
    Code:
    adb shell dd if=/data/local/tmp/TAbackup.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/TA
    - Rebooted
    - Everything back as it was. Original TA restored and DRM keys all active:victory:
    how to downgrade/flash MM (Marshmallow)

Thank you algnerd & max26292 for your guys help! really i appreciate it so much! :)

Here's what happened, as you guy said to basically select everything in the 'wipe section', i did so. but when it flashes a messages pop's up asking "A FSC script has been found 34.0.fsc. Do you want to use it?" (this is the script algnerd was talking about (which i had no idea at the start)) . i clicked on no, so the process finished (within a short time) i did this twice, and, it basically did nothing, it booted to Nougat as though i didn't touch it.

the 3rd time, when that messaged poped up, i click on yes (obviously after selecting everything in the 'wipe section')........the result.................................................................................... it worked!!!

heres the image of what i selected in Flashtool:
    i.imgur.com/8PWMn8Z.png[/IMG]

and the message (the script):
    i.imgur.com/EznIw0h.png[/IMG]

so what you need to do it press yes, simple, but time effective.

thanks guys again, it means a lot :).
    Thank you but I'm currently running MM. I think the firmware is alright and I have f5121, so I cannot use yours :(. Don't know anything about adding a script what's it for?

I did wipe and it's worked. Images aren't embedded (you can't see them in my posts) as I have to post 10 posts before I can include links, as I am new. however I have got them without the "https" links to the pictures you just have to copy and paste them in your browser.

I clicked yes on the message as i mentioned my my previous post (FSC script message)

Just to Clarify I am currently running the MM, I'm just having problems with using the backup TA v2 program, but I'll will try again and post on what's happened.
    do you turn on usb debug ?