Can't keep TWRP

Search This thread

RNZL3R

Jan 31, 2016
So I've unlocked my bootloader and have been trying to install TWRP and try various ROMS. I've only tried paranoid android and Lineage 14.1. Lineage 14.1 doesn't work with gapps, and paranoid doesn't work with blueooth. So I'm going to the stock UK rom.

What I'd like to do is go with the stock UK rom, but I want TWRP too so I can flash things (like a debloat script.) However, whenever I install the UK ROM, twrp stops working. If I re-flash TWRP, the the phone gets stuck in a boot loop.

buzzinkeegs

Jul 29, 2011
BARNSLEY
So I've unlocked my bootloader and have been trying to install TWRP and try various ROMS. I've only tried paranoid android and Lineage 14.1. Lineage 14.1 doesn't work with gapps, and paranoid doesn't work with blueooth. So I'm going to the stock UK rom.

What I'd like to do is go with the stock UK rom, but I want TWRP too so I can flash things (like a debloat script.) However, whenever I install the UK ROM, twrp stops working. If I re-flash TWRP, the the phone gets stuck in a boot loop.

are you using the minimal adb to flash the recovery not flashtools like the root thread says to ;) coz if your using flashtool thats y ur in bootloop im on the uk customiseed and have no issues

RNZL3R

Jan 31, 2016
are you using the minimal adb to flash the recovery not flashtools like the root thread says to ;) coz if your using flashtool thats y ur in bootloop im on the uk customiseed and have no issues

Which root thread are you referring to? I've seen quite a few and none of the ones I followed mentioned minimal adb. I'm using Flashtool on windows to flash the ROM and I'm using linux for fastboot, since it doesn't work on Windows for some reason and it's too much effort to troubleshoot when it works fine on Linux.

buzzinkeegs

Jul 29, 2011
BARNSLEY
Last edited:

kloroform

Oct 4, 2014
Kolkata

While flashing the ROM through flashtool, deselect option FOTA-KERNEL, this will keep twrp as your recovery.
Also you can use X-GEN Rom which is based on latest stock rom to flash it from TWRP instead of flashtool

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013

while flashing stockrom, uncheck FOTAKERNEL.sin in FLASHTOOL FIRMWARE SELECTION PANEL.
this way you can keep the twrp intact