FORUMS

Issues rooting X2A

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Tincan17, Junior Member on 9th April 2018, 02:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I tried following Sony's "walkthrough" for rooting my new X2A. It's a horrible walkthrough, as it took me a few youtube videos to understand how to get my bootloader unlocked. But now it is. And now I'm supposed to use Emma, which states is compatible with the X2A, but it sees my phone and states "No matching services". (See here [add an http before it though] : talk.sonymobile.com/t5/General-Discussion/Emma-Xperia-X2A-quot-No-matching-services-quot/m-p/1313898) So I have put in a request, but I'm asking here because I've found so many more answers that are from people with actual experiences who give answers.

The post on Sonymobile seems to warrant a reply of "Oh, sorry we didn't get updated for your phone" or "your phone's not supported anymore". But I figured this is the [one of the] newest phone[s] they've released for dev options... Are there any other options to flash? It seemed that Emma would give me my Sony-fed options but still root. I'm not looking to run anything fancy; I just want my old root-requiring apps to work. And to uninstall most of Google.

Should I just resort to TWRP? Are there any images out there? I'd looked up whether the phone was rootable, how easy, etc. before I chose it, and I found a few forums that made it sound like it was super easy, Sony-supported, and whatnot. But now that I have it, I can't find anything of use.

Would appreciate any direction. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)