When will we get Nougat on our xperia XA???,

Search This thread

KásHiF

Jul 26, 2016
Hey everyone! :) According to the the Sony update roadmap Sony Xperia XA was supposed to be updated sometime in early 2017 (Jan-March) but it's May now.. I want the update asap :( Does anyone knows when will we get update????? thank you! :)

akasagi.phan

Jun 9, 2015
Saigon
Samsung has already rolled out the Nougat update for Galaxy A5 (2016) users in Russia, it is also important to note that Sammy's version of Android is more customized than Sony's.

So this is how Sony treats consumers who bought their mid-range phones, my next Android phone is going to be either a Pixel or a Samsung one.

Last edited:
Reactions: KásHiF and P84F

KásHiF

Jul 26, 2016
Samsung has already rolled out the Nougat update for Galaxy A5 (2016) users in Russia, it is also important to note that Sammy's version of Android is more customized than Sony's.

So this is how Sony treats consumers who bought their mid-range phones, my next Android phone is going to be either a Pixel or a Samsung one.

I agree with you. My previous experience with Sony is good actually. I had a Flagship though.. (Xperia Z3). Pixel isn't officially available here in UAE. They are available here unofficially but they would cost me around whopping 800-900$! I won't switch to Samsung because I prefer Stock UI and Sony's UI. I thought of switching to Huawei but they aren't good with the Software updates either. (Security patches..). I would switch to Nokia 6 or 5 whenever its available at my place.

Siam4k

Dec 10, 2014
I know right.. According to a 'Leaked' Roadmap we were supposed to get nougat in 'Early 2017' and now almost half of the 2017 has passed away.

Yes it's soo frustrating!! But Coming soon, patient i think all flagships should get Nougat and Sony will realise the update for XA.it's sony policy about their mid range phones.no guat will improve battery performance and camera quality plus software update to make Xperia XA Dual VoLTE compatible on Jio network and etc...

Reactions: divakarhero

KásHiF

Jul 26, 2016
Yes it's soo frustrating!! But Coming soon, patient i think all flagships should get Nougat and Sony will realise the update for XA.it's sony policy about their mid range phones.no guat will improve battery performance and camera quality plus software update to make Xperia XA Dual VoLTE compatible on Jio network and etc...

Jio network? What's that? Oh yeah. They will release nougat for XA in 1-5 weeks :

Evedammo

May 1, 2012
Rapture
Moto G30

Agree with you. This is a big disappointment from Sony. I had a Xperia M2 Aqua and the Lollipop update didn't take so long (like 2 months). Also this phone has a lot of bugs (the battery drain, some xposed modules make crash the phone, apps like YouTube sometimes stop working). My next phone will be a Galaxy, Sony's phone quality decreased the last years.

Last edited:
Reactions: shady_rohit

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
Agree with you. This is a big disappointment from Sony. I had a Xperia M2 Aqua and the Lollipop update didn't take so long (like 2 months). Also this phone has a lot of bugs (the battery drain, some xposed modules make crash the phone, apps like YouTube sometimes stop working). My next phone will be a Galaxy, Sony's phone quality decreased the last years.

Scamsung mid-range devices are not better and have some problems too. If you compare XA with S7 or S8 you will make me laugh for hours.

aidy.lucas

Oct 8, 2014
Think you'll find the lollipop update for the m2 took almost 6mths to arrive from it being announced(may) to it actually arriving (beginning of October). The Nougat update for the xa is its final update so don't expect it before the device is at least a year on the market it'll probably arrive in the autumn some time

Sent from my Xperia XA using XDA Labs

ShinOrochiX

Mar 7, 2012
London
Annoyingly they'll probably give us 7.0 and not 7.1, all this delay and still not the very latest version. Though only time will tell-my XA is running flawlessly on MM. :)

puresnow

Aug 28, 2006
Lesson Learned!

Last Sony device I purchase! Never seen such terrible support and developers. If I had missed deadlines by several months, I would no longer be working where I currently work. Unacceptable!

Reactions: P84F

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Jio network? What's that? Oh yeah. They will release nougat for XA in 1-5 weeks :
    I know right.. According to a 'Leaked' Roadmap we were supposed to get nougat in 'Early 2017' and now almost half of the 2017 has passed away.

Lesson Learned!

Last Sony device I purchase! Never seen such terrible support and developers. If I had missed deadlines by several months, I would no longer be working where I currently work. Unacceptable!