Xperia XA battery died after 3 weeks

Search This thread

snake.99

Dec 24, 2013
Hi, guys

My Xperia XA Dual battery has died within 3 weeks the phone keep shutdown and it's not charging at all 0% I am using the original sony charger that came with the phone.

aidy.lucas

Oct 8, 2014
Hi, guys

My Xperia XA Dual battery has died within 3 weeks the phone keep shutdown and it's not charging at all 0% I am using the original sony charger that came with the phone.
Then return it for a replacement, if the Bootloader isn't unlocked(voids warranty) it's a new device so at least should be replaced or repaired.

Sent from my Xperia XA using XDA Labs

hp6830s

Nov 19, 2013
Dont unplug the charge...keep it on for 15-30 mins...got the same issue.

leap_ahead

Jul 2, 2009
i dont think its normal ....

i use the phone one months now and never have problem like this..

joejingojack

May 5, 2018
This is the worst phone I've ever owned, ever!! It caused me so much trouble and headaches with that battery drainage issue (even when it was charging FFS!!!). As well as followed by a permanent shut down afterwards which made me smash it into parts and chuck that junk straight into the trash can.

Halendos

Dec 2, 2016
Hey, I had the same problem with a Wiko after 2 weeks, after sending to warranty 3 times without fixing it, they gave me credit to buy another phone at the store. I got the Xperia XA and after almost two happy years, the same problem appeared. If you get your phone to boot try install an app to measure the charging current. (I installed Ampere). I noticed in mine that the current was sometimes less than 50mAh and other more than 1500mAh depending on the cable position. It still says it's charging but it's actually draining battery because it's consuming more than what the charger is providing. After investigating people suggesting re-soldering the usb port, but since I'm bad with it I just replaced it with one bought online and now it works just fine. Super cheap and easy to do. If it's still on warranty just send it back and hope they are more competent than the ones I went to.

Last edited: