FORUMS

[ROM][OFFICIAL][voyager][10] LineageOS 17.1

7,827 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,311
 
By LuK1337, Recognized Developer on 21st April 2020, 01:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread


LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:
 
Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:
 
Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:
 
Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][voyager][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia XA2

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information
Status: Testing

Created 2020-04-21
Last Updated 2020-04-21
The Following User Says Thank You to LuK1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2020, 01:55 PM |#2  
[ protip: These builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261777345 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
Code:
for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
unzip boot.zip -d boot
2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
- boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
- userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
5. Reboot to recovery mode (both Lineage recovery and TWRP will work)
6. Flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574
7. Profit?
The Following User Says Thank You to LuK1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2020, 10:22 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hey Luk,
thanks for working on this great phone.
I sadly got some problems while installing your release on a H4413 (DUAL SIM).
I come from Sailfish OS and flashedH4413 50.2.A.0.400 Customized_NOBA via EMMA.
After that I follow the instructions from the linage install page.
It all seems to work but after I do a "adb reboot" the phone starts to go into a bootloop flashing
the Sony Logo and then for just sec a generic Android Logo after that it goes to a blank screen.
Whats strange is that after the initial flash of the lineage build twrp shows the there is no os installed warning
and sometimes it shows the install twrp app screen both times the result is the same. Bootloop.
Do you have any hint how to go from here? (After restore through emma the phone works normal again)
best cecja

twrp version: twrp-3.3.1-1-voyager
lineage version: lineage-17.1-20200427-nightly-voyager-signed
The Following User Says Thank You to cecja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cecja Ad-Free
29th April 2020, 10:51 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecja

Hey Luk,
thanks for working on this great phone.
I sadly got some problems while installing your release on a H4413 (DUAL SIM).
I come from Sailfish OS and flashedH4413 50.2.A.0.400 Customized_NOBA via EMMA.
After that I follow the instructions from the linage install page.
It all seems to work but after I do a "adb reboot" the phone starts to go into a bootloop flashing
the Sony Logo and then for just sec a generic Android Logo after that it goes to a blank screen.
Whats strange is that after the initial flash of the lineage build twrp shows the there is no os installed warning
and sometimes it shows the install twrp app screen both times the result is the same. Bootloop.
Do you have any hint how to go from here? (After restore through emma the phone works normal again)
best cecja

twrp version: twrp-3.3.1-1-voyager
lineage version: lineage-17.1-20200427-nightly-voyager-signed

Ask me again on irc; I don't like guessing on forums.
30th April 2020, 06:08 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecja


twrp version: twrp-3.3.1-1-voyager
lineage version: lineage-17.1-20200427-nightly-voyager-signed

Bootloop here too, from SFOS.
Back to Omnirom, no problem.
Thanks.
30th April 2020, 10:10 AM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by magullo

Bootloop here too, from SFOS.
Back to Omnirom, no problem.
Thanks.

Same to you, if you join irc I may be able to help.
30th April 2020, 08:55 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
OK I wanted to try LineageOS 17.1 and was able to flash it successfully on voyager H4493. Here's what I did:

1. Used newflasher to flash 50.2.A.3.22-R3B. I had deleted the mentioned above files. Also newflasher asked if I wanted it flashed to both slots and I pressed y. As such, it was n enter, n enter and y enter.
2. Did not do item 6 above.
3. From twrp recovery 3.3.0-0 I flashed LineageOS 17.1 and after pressing reboot system - I pressed do not install twrp. I booted successfully into the system.
4. Again from twrp, I flashed gapps - again pressed do not install twrp.
5. Issue with Google service - I reset the phone from settings.
6. Success!
7.At the moment restoring my apps and stuff
30th April 2020, 10:25 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamirali

OK I wanted to try LineageOS 17.1 and was able to flash it successfully on voyager H4493. Here's what I did:

1. Used newflasher to flash 50.2.A.3.22-R3B. I had deleted the mentioned above files. Also newflasher asked if I wanted it flashed to both slots and I pressed y. As such, it was n enter, n enter and y enter.
2. Did not do item 6 above.
3. From twrp recovery 3.3.0-0 I flashed LineageOS 17.1 and after pressing reboot system - I pressed do not install twrp. I booted successfully into the system.
4. Again from twrp, I flashed gapps - again pressed do not install twrp.
5. Issue with Google service - I reset the phone from settings.
6. Success!
7.At the moment restoring my apps and stuff

Skipping step 6 was kinda silly from your end. Newflasher only flashes few partitions to both slots rather than all of them, making this /feature/ almost useless.
The Following User Says Thank You to LuK1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2020, 12:50 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuK1337

Skipping step 6 was kinda silly from your end. Newflasher only flashes few partitions to both slots rather than all of them, making this /feature/ almost useless.

Most definitely your assessment is correct, since you are the expert. What would be your advice? Should I perform step 6 now anyway? Especially since I don't seem to have any issues as yet. Thanks!
1st May 2020, 02:16 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamirali

Most definitely your assessment is correct, since you are the expert. What would be your advice? Should I perform step 6 now anyway? Especially since I don't seem to have any issues as yet. Thanks!

I guess just to be safe, yes.
1st May 2020, 05:00 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuK1337

I guess just to be safe, yes.

Done!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes